ACC In between seasons Monday season 3 Signup and entries

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Once again under the observation of UN appointee @krunch, we have had a fully transparent random generation of car for tonight and it is:

2015 Nissan GT-R GT3.

Very importantly, note this is the 2015 version - please do not use the 2018 car as it is much quicker. We may not be able to tell in session but the results output file will record the car model number and anyone in the 2018 Nissan will probably have to be disqualified which would be a crying shame for all involved!

Server is currently up and will be restarted for official practice at 8pm.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  2. Mael

Mael Professional

Hate Microsoft windows :mad:
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Fun racing, but in both races I was punted into a spin from behind very early on and sent to the back of the field, which is a little dispiriting. But nonetheless, close racing was to be had.
    nanlatt and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  4. Flamebadger

Thanks for the racing tonight all, another good turnout for the 2015 rendition of Godzilla Goes to Italy. The League Table is currently updating, and the results and highlights of both races are available below, although HD versions of the highlights probably won't finish uploading and processing until tomorrow morning.

Season 3 Rnd 5 Results.

Highlights - Race 1

Highlights - Race 2

5. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

That in car view in the highlights is great, I wish they used it more.
    Yeah I had a screen freeze on turn 2 lap 1 going three wide, it was pretty scary but mainly was just hoping not to hit anyone, luckily it was only for about 2 seconds
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  6. Flamebadger

Those camera changes are courtesy of your intrepid TV director :D. You can get a much better view of the action by playing with camera change hotkeys, especially at Misano where the default TV cam is so tight to a single car. I realised last night for the first time there's a shortcut to the onboad cam!
    krunch, TakFR, nanlatt and 1 other person like this.
  7. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Is there some manual view changing going on here, or have they finally fixed highlights? Seems it captured most of the action. I've never seen onboard before in these highlight reels.
  8. Paulfaus

Paulfaus Rookie

Me too! Second video at 6:54 captures the exact moment I lost connection to the server. Goodbye top 10.....
    Mael and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  9. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Had a great race-long battle with @nanlatt in race 2, probably the most fun I've had at misano in ACC. I think you were quite a bit faster for the whole race, congrats on the class win!
    Sorry to @TakFR for the nudge, I got back on the power far too early and made a mess in the first race. Also sorry to @JamesT for the nudge. I had a real shocker of a first race getting involved in too many incidents.
    Those highlights camera angles were great @Flamebadger, you didn't miss a second of the action (unlike some RL TV directors) :D
    The 2015 GT-R seemed to be quite well suited to the circuit, I was honestly expecting difficulty to get it rotated around the tight corners. I seem to recall having difficulty with the 2018 GT-R around here so maybe that's why I was expecting an understeering disaster.
    tezpez85, TakFR, Flamebadger and 3 others like this.
  10. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

It was a great battle. You certainly made me work for it. It was very hard to resist throwing it down the inside into the braking zone at turn 8. I did it once with the expected result of overshooting the exit. Very clean and close racing with no contact. Thanks, I had a blast....
  11. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Bit of a mixed night for me.

R1 was a blast with a good 'socially distanced' battle with @nanlatt for the whole race :). As @fRZn said the car was surprisingly fun to drive at Misano.

R2 was a fail. At the start as I was waiting for the green flag my speed crept into the red for a sec and on reflex I floored it, then backed off realising me error. But it was too late. The game registered speeding before the start and gave me a drive through. At the end of the lap I pitted to take the penalty but as I entered the pits I carelessly hadn't quite made it down to 1st gear so the limiter didn't work and bam! pit lane speeding penalty - this time a stop and go. I went around another lap and decided to take the stop but not the go.

Ah well. Sometimes being stupid comes way too easily.

BTW everyone please have a look at the following thread (which includes a Poll):
    click>> Have your say on the details for the upcoming RaceOnOz ACC Season 4
    andyo450, tezpez85 and Flamebadger like this.
  12. Flamebadger

The highlights algorithm appears to be working a lot better recently and has done pretty well at capturing the action across the rounds I've captured. I have been manually changing camera angles (including to the onboards for this round, we spent the Rooz Tv production budget on a bunch of gopros to stick in the cars :D) as well as occasionally changing the car each highlight has focussed on. Put together it has resulted in a couple of pretty decent reels; so I've been giving the algorithim a bit of a helping hand.
  13. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Nice racing between Andy, Terry and Matt up front!
    andyo450, krunch, tezpez85 and 2 others like this.
  14. David

David New Recruit

"firstName":"David",
    "lastName":"Darcy",
    "shortName":"DAD",
    Flamebadger likes this.
  15. Flamebadger

Hi David, and welcome!

If you have not already, please can you spend a little time with your preferred GT3 car and set a time on our qualifying server? Details on this server are here. This helps us set a baseline for Pro / Silver / Am class allocation, although we may adjust that during the course of a season.

Also, unfortunately race #77 is taken, could you choose an alternative race number please?
  16. tezpez85

It was tight! Good battles. If Andy had got through I'm under the impression he would be down the road in short order, but we were too close on pace for anyone to really break away + hard to pass here. Great pace by @Kcender87
  17. tezpez85

Will be back in a few weeks, good luck tonight gents.
  18. Flamebadger

Round 6, Silverstone, mystery GT4 car is:

KTM X-Bow GT4

Many thanks to @krunch for observing the draw once again. Server will be up at 8pm, look forward to seeing everyone there!

@tezpez85 - hope to see you back here soon mate, take it easy!
  19. Flamebadger

RaceOnOz Round 6, Silverstone - KTM X-Bow GT4

Results

League tables will be updating shortly. Thanks to everyone who turned out, as always it's great racing with everyone here and I hope to see everyone again in a week's time for some GT3 action. Only 4 rounds left of season 3!

Highlights are now uploading, but it will take a while for the upload to finish and then be encoded at SD and then HD by Youtube.

Race 1

Race 2
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    Bueller, Wally, krunch and 1 other person like this.
  20. Wally

Wally Team Driver

There are good races, and then there are great races. This one was great because most of it was one prolonged defensive battle with Bueller. I had broken free from the congested pack and was in an isolated 3rd, but I could see that the gap back to Bueller was shrinking rapidly, so I knew the fight was coming. Then when he caught up, I had to defend massively which was really good fun. There were a few passes back and forth until finally he got me after many laps, with Krunch also joining the fun at the end, when I was getting a bit sloppy and messy. Sweaty afterwards!
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Bueller like this.