ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 7 Zandvoort 2x30 minute Sprints

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Apr 28, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rnd 7 of the season will be next Monday March 4th for the 4th Sprint cup round, with 2x30 minute sprint races, in the same format as the real Blancpain Sprint rounds. Just a bit shorter then the real rounds which are 2 races each.

This will have a 10 minute midrace pit window, with a mandatory stop to change tyres. there will be a 10 minute qualifying session before both races. Fuel is not allowed to be added during the race, don't be stingy with the free fuel as all you can do is fuel save or DNF if you don't start with enough.

Time scale will be 2x as the real round is 2x1hr races, session times will be as below on Monday 31st of March.
    • Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:00pm AEST (in game Friday 2pm)
    • Qualifying 1, 10 minutes: 8:45pm AEST (in game Saturday 10am)
    • Race 1, 30 minutes: 9:00pm AEST (in game Saturday 2pm)
    • Qualifying 2, 10 minutes: 9:45pm AEST (in game Sunday 9am)
    • Race 2, 30 minutes: 10pm AEST (in game Sunday 3pm)

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"

The race server does have a locked entry list so if you haven't officially entered into the season you wont be able to get in on the night. You can enter even if you don't expect to run every round, there are 3 separate championships and an overall sprint enduro combined. This should allow those that cant do every race to still be in the running for something.

NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEST on race night.
    Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night. Please note whatever car you start your first official season race in you will be committed to for the full season. A reminder for all to ensure they have set a lap in the Qualifying Server and anyone not yet entered to enter in the season entry thread.

FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE
    After testing the full formation manual start procedure on Wednesdays warm up races these turned out pretty good and easily manageable, ideally everyone will join the discord channel for race nights to hear any directions regarding the race start.

The general rule will be to start single file and follow the leader, you can weave and warm your tyres up here but be aware of cars ahead and behind at all times. Do your best to avoid causing any issues for others, then the second last corner of the track start to line up double file (may change for some tracks and be in that rounds thread)

Everyone should be in formation by the time the field makes it around the last turn and cars on the main straight should maintain 80kmh until the green light is given.

Anyone going considerably early enough to gain an advantage here may be given a post race time penalty. Cars behind the leader aren't allowed to back up and then anticipate the green to get an unfair run on the cars ahead of them. Same with front row cars they aren't allowed to accelerate before the lights are green.

Multi Driver teams
    Any drivers wanting to team up and share the driving load for any rounds can do so this season, you will need to let us know by 6:30pm on race night but ideally ASAP to ensure admins have time to pair you up in the entry list. Drivers teamed up will need to be in the same class and the car used if both are in different cars will be the one of the driver currently rated higher in the season, if both are on equal points it will be the driver with the higher season qualifying rank.

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.
    Yanet's Weather Forecast :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    Dynamic weather is likely going to be off but we will test it during the week, a conservative test on Wednesday went ok. Will see how the servers go during the week but there is a chance of rain atm. The real round had pretty wet qualy.

Zandvoort looks to be a bit cooler then Silverstone and more overcast with 19 to 22c expected for race 1. Temps and the race night sessions will be the same as the practice servers currently setup but they arent exactly fixed should be within a few degrees of expected temps and P Q R may be all a bit different due to different session start times. Hotlap server will be 19/21 temps and this is close to what race 1 started in 2019.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    krunch, Coanda and Rolz like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Session times are now set and server 1 has proposed setup.
    Yanet is back until I get told off by the bosses again for letting her out, she was there as I copied the base of this thread from last season, it seemed wrong to remove that. :D
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
    nanlatt, tezpez85, andyo450 and 3 others like this.
  3. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I really wanna go racing in Chihuahua
    Coanda and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Love Mex.. Been twice and spent 6 months there.. :cool:
    Rolz and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

After a reasonably successful storm free test for Wednesday I will try these weather settings on server 1, 2 and 9. If anyone runs these and it works as intended. That is 1% chance of a thunderstorm, this combined with the line thats meant to avoid extreme rain should in theory eliminate the chance of red flag conditions. If this is ok during the week then we will run it this way otherwise will set rain at 0% chance.
    [​IMG]
    Wally, Jeremy Talbot and Rolz like this.
  6. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

@Kcender87 can you stop being so fast, thank you :p
    tezpez85 and marty like this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We now have the hot lap board updating automatically, but its once per hour. He may need to have another go after the next update. :p
    tezpez85, Jeremy Talbot and nanlatt like this.
  8. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

OK this is getting beyond a joke now, hands up who wants to ban Marty and Andrew from the hotlap server :roflmao:
    nanlatt likes this.
  9. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

It's like the bunny on the fence at the greyhounds.
    TakFR, nanlatt and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

These settings are far away from what this says it should be, Just ran a few sessions on server 9 with this. Thunderstorm to heavy rain to dry in race. Next qualy was no rain but track stayed wet then next race heavy rain first 2 weather blocks. Thats 1% chance thunderstorm and 2% chance heavy rain with extra line added to make it only 2/3 of max rain possible so clearly still broken. :oops:

I have set servers to rain 0.0 cloud 0.1 rnd 2 which is 98% chance dry 2% chance light rain. Will test this tomorrow and if there is any rain heavier then light rain dynamic will be off until its fixed.
    Wally and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  11. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I'm glad he's spreading the pain into more leagues now :D
    Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

With those extremely conservative weather settings, its hard to make it any more conservative and still have a possibility of any rain. Running server 9 PQRQRQR It was dry but got light rain from the start of R2, it went for about 12 minutes of the 20 minute race at 4x time scale. If anyone runs server 1,2 or 9 they are all running the same weather settings, I suspect its more then a 2% chance of rain but there should be no way this setup gets a thunderstorm but who knows.

I will most likely keep these settings for Monday, so its not guaranteed dry but if it rains it theoretically cant be a storm but you never know with ACC server settings making little to no sense at times.
  13. Jav00

Jav00 New Recruit

Hi guys

Sorry if I have missed this information elsewhere on the forum, but do you guys all jump in a Teamspeak/the Discord server on race night?
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  14. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Yeah, most people are on discord race nights. It's helpful especially if Marty has any specific instructions or there needs to be restarts for what ever reason.
    SteveDrivingSlowly, marty and Jav00 like this.
  15. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Race 1, OK, I went over one of those little raised island kerbs on the 1st lap and spun the car, putting me last. I had a good race from there though, made a few passes, nailed my pitstop.

Race 2, with a bit of luck of missing accidents, I was actually in P12, where I started fainting from lack of oxygen at being that high up the leaderboard. I was driving well, but before the last corner, I took a little too much of the left kerb and I must have bottomed out, because the car just flicked off left into the wall. I was not happy to be stranded there losing a huge bag of positions. Then with a damaged car, I got a slight touch in the rear corner through turns 2/3, which speared me into the wall and wrecked my car. Looking at a 2:45 minute pit stop for repairs, I just pulled the pin.
  16. Radtaco

Radtaco Rookie

R2 L1 T1 accident was my fault, sorry everyone who lost out to it, forgot that we break really early and swerved to avoid Mael and hit Freeland instead. sorry.

R1 was mostly learning other people's lines better and keeping out of the way after a bad start to the race. but was happy to have a few positions.

R2 I was gaining a lot of positions through others crashing out, though id try pit early and gain time with a few goods laps, but got slapped with a stop and go and that was it for me.
  17. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Getting sick of pit stops to be honest. Both times I was in a decent position but the first time there was another car in my box so it was hard to see the marks so lost time there. Then I came out and got caught in the race 1 incident, I missed the turned cars but lost another 4 seconds which meant that when I came past the pits the 3 guys who pitted after me came out in front. I was driving angry for a few laps there

In the second stop there was once again a car in the box just before so again I missed my mark but in a bad way so had to reverse and it just plain lost me about 10 seconds. I was 1 second behind Serge at the stop which was around 7th or 8th at the time, came out 15th.

Me and pit stops just don't get on :poop:
  18. Daniel Benefield

Daniel Benefield New Recruit

Well, by far my best performance since joining the series. Can only blame myself for losing race 2 but onto the next one I guess.
  19. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

R1, Had an eh quali and ended up P15, not bad in silver class but in the gaggle for sure.
    Let a few positions go at the start and held station until the pits, where my crew pulled a blinder (I hit my marks, for once).
    Got out ahead of 3 cars and ended P15 following @Frostwa until the end, Must've learnt from my undercut the week before

R2 Quali was really special, got to within .08 of my hotlap record and that put the mountain of pressure on for the race.
    There were 5 laps in the whole 30 minutes I wasn't covering apexs from @Dan Medved who ran very close to me the entire race. An attempt at covering left him on the grass in T1 which is a shame (though I think my heart rate would've maxed out if it went any longer).
    P9, my first top ten finish at a track I didn't think I would suit.
    Really good racing tonight from what I saw, cheers guys.
  20. GT-71CKL

GT-71CKL Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-Zeus4
    Thanks for the race guys, that was tough! I noticed i lost quite abit of time in the pitstops, like 2 - 4 seconds for both races. Am i missing the mark or something? 1st race i got jumped by Coanda i believe, i was 1 sec ahead into the pitstall and then came out 1-2 sec behind :roflmao: RIP