ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 4 Bathurst 2hr Intercontinental GT Challenge

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

What I think he means though Steve is that the practise race server doesn't quite work when you're trying to do a practice stint. It's only a 40 minute practice, then quali then the race. If you're trying to do a race stint you have to go through practice and quali to get to somewhere you can do an hour stint.

Obviously we can do that offline but trying to replicate the conditions is a little tricky, plus it's nice to have others on with you :)
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

gotcha. Maybe we should make the Practice server just have massively long FP with no Q and R
    Shawn Jacobs and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I've always liked these type of servers.. You can practice and link up for a little battle whenever you feel like it..
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Yeah, I remember seeing a post about something like that. @marty how do I issue server commands to skip session?
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

i think /next skips the session
  6. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Rookie

Spot on Steve, exactly what I was thinking, ideally still with track grip conditions matching what we could reasonably expect for the actual race would be perfect.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  7. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

Welp I was really keen for this one.
    Double frame stutter every 5 seconds had me tap Andrew in the chase, spin, collect the inside of the dipper, flick off the pit limiter and give me a 30S&G.

Tried to fix in video setting but no luck so thats the night for me.
    Cheers guys, enjoy
  8. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Q: Not too bad.. I could have improved on my last run however some traffic in the dipper caught me out though it didn't matter as I ran out of go go juice just before the line.. :oops:

R: What a f@#king disaster..The acceleration of @Daniel Benefield Porsche got a long side me going into T1. There was a little touch which put me into Matt Jorgensen which cost him positions. Sorry @Flamebadger not so much I could really do.. There was no malice in Daniel's attempt however I do think it was a little ambitious for a 2hr race.. I did manage to get the position back into T2 and get going again.. On lap two I quickly realised I screwed up my starting pressures as the last second changes I made were in the wrong direction. What a brain fart, derrrrrrrrrrrr.. I was already too high and I was starting to stress as I knew I'd be 1-1.5 psi too high come daylight which would cause me lots of issues over the top.. Before I knew it Jeremy made little mistake coming out of the Cutting and I managed to pass him into Quarry.. It was tight and he was fair and then I did a stupid thing and turned in too much and clipped the inside wall at McPhillamy.. It was very tricky trying to rejoin the track with the field so bunched up however I did my best to not cause any accidents.. I decided to run for a few laps however it was clear the damage was a little too much so I decided to pit. I kind of regret that decision now.. Of course I missed my pit box and lost a lot of time trying to line things up. To add to it all, in the mess and confusion I must of accidentally switched to map 8 because when I exited the pits I was being lapped by the leaders and dragging ass.. I was too busy trying to get out of the way for the first 10 or so runners going up the mountain that I couldn't make the correct adjustment right away.. I know we were told to wait to the straights however I did not want to get in the way so early on so I tried my best to let as many of you through. Sorry to anyone in that pack if I caused any confusion.. After that I completely lost all rhythm and focus.. I clipped one Porsche parked in the wall after the dipper, I spun at Forrest Elbow which was tricky for me and the field coming around and then I finally hit the wall in the dipper.. Even though I was off the racing line and out of harms way it was at that point @Brad Jesson suggested to call a night and he was right so I took his advice and parked it.. I might also park it for the next round too..

I didn't have a drink tonight so maybe that attributed to my poor race performance..:confused:

Sorry guys I hope you had a good Bathurst..
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  9. tezpez85

Well, that was 2 hours of misery. :poop: Any sort of aero damage round here and ur gonna have a bad time m'kay.

Congrats to the podium getters.
  10. tezpez85

Is that in the chat box?
  11. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong in that race.
    • Very gently prodded from behind on the grid, no harm done
    • Got some major Stuttering coming over skyline on the formation lap and ended up scraping the wall, think no harm done
    • Nerfed off the track T1 L1
    • Hit hard in the rear into Murray's L3
    • Immediately then punted once again into Hell Corner at the beginning of lap 4, giving me a fair whack of damage and right to the back of the pack
    • Then about 1/3 through stint 1, I think the drivers of my headset died, massive stuttering for a few corners and sound died. I discovered I massively rely on the engine noise to drive, and was about 2 seconds a lap slower and all over the palce until sound miraculously came back
    • Eventually making my way through the field then with about I think 35min to go I looped the car at Quarry like a pleb and for some rear damage. The following lap I wasn't prepared for the lightness in the rear and did a neat 180 pirouette at McPhillamy which was undoubtedly pretty but probably not very fast
    • and then very last lap passed lapped traffic who let me past into Quarry and then, to complete the set, rear ended me and smashed me into the wall wrecking the car.
    So a fitting end really.

I just want to note that despite all the above and feeling like a punching bag I am well aware none of the contact was on purpose, but just frustrating as I had speed not too dissimilar to the front runners here, and it all came to naught. We roll on to next week :)

Congrats to those who survived the war of attrition, and all the class podiums! The first few laps especially weren't too dissimilar from a public server in places :rolleyes:
    Cooper, Coanda, Jeremy Talbot and 3 others like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will add all the season entries as admin on the entry list for all practice servers, only Monday race nights we will limit the admins. Will make up an entry list by tomorrow night with this, main commands you will need are /restart /next/ /kick (car number) /ban (car number)
  13. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Rookie

Congrats Andrew on the win, and Andy for 2nd place, you two were mega quick.

Awesome battling with all the guys around me, really good stuff!

And thank you to all the lap traffic, really appreciate everyone that helped make the pass easy, especially for following Marty's advice and just staying on it across the mountain and lifting on the straight.

See you all next round, have a good easter!
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

yes
    tezpez85 likes this.
  15. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Tough race for me, with 3 pit stops, twice for big repairs. The first repair stop was just an accumulation of brushes with the wall which culminated in a big wreck on top of the mountain. The last repair stop was when Mael unfortunately spun in front of me at T2 while we were having a good chase, and I couldn't avoid him. That crash made it into the highlights replay :eek:
  16. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Also re the results, I am pretty sure I came 15th? With me smashed up civic I would have been able to cross the line but the server reset before I got there - I was a lap ahead I am pretty sure of Carlos, Sergey, and Terry? I certainly finished my 57th lap and was on my 58th on my way to the finish line
  17. kuda

kuda Rookie

Sorry mate, feel bad about it, completely misjudged my speed as I was checking the mirror waiting for you to pass. Sucks especially that it happened on the last lap after a fairly clean race for me. Only other incident I had with another player was door to door bump with @nanlatt as he was trailing @SteveDrivingSlowly - I saw Steve coming and made room but when he passed I swung back onto the racing line without realising you were in tow. Apologies to both.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  18. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

I was going to save the replay and post a clip, but Kuda definitely didn't follow that advice I nearly crashed out since he decided to just slam on the brakes at the top of skyline in the MIDDLE OF THE ROAD since they were being blue flagged.

I had a decent race, lost track of the braking point into the chase since 2 of the braking boards were taken out. Should learn to not rely on them so much, should have changed the setup to be more stable instead of fast for the race. The last 30 minutes were really, really difficult for me to keep it out of the wall sometimes, until I panicked a bit not wanting to interfere with the other Andrews and hit the wall (luckily it was the 2nd to last lap).

It was satisfying seeing the relative for cars behind continuously going up on the straights, Nippon Power too strong ;)
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That was rough... looks like it wasn’t a good race for the Lambo’s at all.
    Not much to say other then hopefully the next one will go better. Would like to see the Honda incident a few laps in, not sure if I was optimistic there or not, defence down the run to t1 almost put me in a wall there
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

Ooof what a beast of a race. I love Bathurst but it is not mutual between us.

first stint I had issues with my pedals as there was always a little bit of brake on even when I was totally off it - found I could release it by grabbing the top of the brake pedal with my toes and pulling it back. This was not fun ir easy on corner exit. After about 50 minutes this went away and I started picking up some time and catching @krunch and @AGK. We all pitted on the same lap and somehow I came out in front of @AGK and about 5 seconds behind @krunch. Managed to close this gap down to about a second when I made an absolutely dumb mistake going over the top and spun. Apologies to the two cars directly behind me who definitely had brown flags.

As I was facing the wrong way I just teleported back to the garage quickly to get out of the way which out me a lap down. Coming back out I just got back on with it until I was coming over the top and saw there was a yellow flag ahead. I slowed and the flag stayed up for the whole careful trip down the mountain until I finally met k smith at 90 degrees to the track on the inside at forest elbow - I could do nothing as I saw him so late and that was my car totalled. Sorry Smith for the outburst (I would @ you but not sure of your forum name) in discord ‘cmon man!’ - I know you didn’t want to be there! My frustration at myself for the earlier error leaking out.

limped to pit for long repairs and back out to nurse it home for p19 I think.

even so, I had fun and I didn’t quit when I so easily could have - calling that a win of sorts.

well done to all that finished - and great job to all podiums in all classes!
    Bueller, Coanda, krunch and 3 others like this.