ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 4 Bathurst 2hr Intercontinental GT Challenge

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 31, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

With a CDO (corona day off :D) I tried again this time a 1hr race with AI at 100/100 and they are terrible at forest elbow. It took 4 starts before they didnt pile up there lap 1, then later in the race some slow cars slowed all AI as I just snuck through so had no actual battle other then lapping cars after that. I started 11th but was leading after about 6 laps and didnt bother restarting again as they were horrible. May try reduce aggression a bit and see if that helps the AI.

I ran a couple of 30 min races last night and the AI was decent with no massive issues then, maybe the extra fuel screwed them up. But once they get damaged they dawdle along the track back to pits which kills the race. I also found that 6am is still too early so will move race start to 5am. This way it will be dark for a bit longer, we cant start sessions on anything but exact hours and I think the real race starts at 5:45.

The wed night races will match the weather settings of Monday and session times will be matching parts of the main race Monday. All the Bathurst race servers ROOZ has up will match session times of the races, however the server doesnt always start sessions as it should if its been idle for a while. A possible workaround if you join one of these servers and sessions dont match what it says they should be. Exit and come back if your the first one in and it may reset itself. This may not always work however.

The AI are also pretty horrible under blue flags as they just park it wide of the apex leaving you some road. Over the mountain this is not good and it would be better if they just ran the normal line which most should do here if possible.
  2. Daniel Benefield

Daniel Benefield New Recruit

Slightly off topic but how do I get the ACC role on discord?
  3. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

i prefer corona day on.. 20 bottles please :cool:
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

5. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

He’s already on the discord but he hasn’t been granted the permissions to see chat history and all the rest of it I think.
  6. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

silly question - the pit stop fill time is standard 25 seconds and 30 for fuel and tyres but if it rains or i find a wall early and need to pit for tyres or repair but not for fuel is there still a fixed service time if no fuel service is selected in the MFD - i know repairs will change but will tyres only be a 5 second stop without fuel?
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

i think if you switch of tyres and fuel, it will just doe the repairs but good idea to test that one as I am...well...it is likely at least some of us will need that! From what I have found when you get up around 12S of damage, the car gets pretty freaky weird and over this it get's dangerous, so worth exploring for sure.
  8. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

A stop for tyres is 30 secs. Fuel on its own is 25, unless Marty has it set differently this season?.
    If you pit for damage and take tyres as well the stop time will be 30sec + damage.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Only server setting is for fuel time to be fixed which is 25 seconds for 1 litre or a full tank, as Andy says its 30 seconds to change tyres and they are done the same time as fuel if both selected.

The only forced pitstop is 1 mandatory stop to add fuel which everyone needs to do anyway and max stint you can do is 65 minutes. I know the Porsche at normal race pace cant do more then 65 minutes anyway. So if anyone stops before the 55 minute mark it means they will need to stop twice.

If repairing damage amd changing tyres the fixed fuel time wont have any impact on you. You can see estimated stop times in the mfd hud. Server 1 has full rules set as will be on the race night.
  10. Brad Jesson

Brad Jesson New Recruit

wouldnt a superpole be awesome for this haha
  11. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

True Brad.. I'd also like the top 10 shootout for single player mode however Kunos won't program the ICGT rules..
  12. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Now that we've had daylight savings are we starting earlier or continuing at the same time?
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I didn't even realize it ended, all my clocks auto update themselves so I took no notice.

Being that its a longer race we can move the race start time to 9pm aest, I had already moved it forward a little being a longer race this will make qualy at 8:45pm and after this week we can make a decision if that time is ok for all or we can go even a little earlier for future rounds. With people here racing from all parts of Australia, NZ and even one from the Philippines we cant change the time too much as it may negatively impact some of the others more.

Also with all the ROOZ race servers, I found that if your first to join but leave straight away and then return it will start the server with correct session times. If you join after its been idle for a while it will stay wrong until everyone leaves the server, then rejoins before the first session time expires.
    krunch and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  14. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

@marty @Rolz - How do I skip sessions in the practice server when there's no one else there? AC had the vote to skip session thing.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

no option in acc..
  16. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Just need to be added as admin in the server list and then can use admin commands like skip session
  18. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

One thing I will say before tomorrow is if you're drafting close behind someone into the chase, you will need to brake MUCH earlier in order to make it a clean overtake without taking yourself and the other car out.
  19. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Rookie

With the server options would it be possible to have the hotlap server as an open ended practice session? Or would that not work for the leaderboard?

Personally I find it really good to have a long practice session to work on setup etc and do race stint practice. (I don't know ACC servers so apologies if this is a stupid suggestion/not possible)

I've been doing this offline but it's sometimes nice to have other humans on the track to practice with, and the one hour reset makes it tough to do full stints.

Cheers.
    Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

there is a practice server for that, with conditions set the same as the upcoming race. The hotlap server has static conditions which will be different to the race, and it for hotlapping (for the hotlap leaderboards)
    Coanda likes this.