ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 4 Bathurst 2hr Intercontinental GT Challenge

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 31, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Rnd 4 of the season will be next Monday with the first round of the Intercontinental GT challenge, This race will be a 2hr endurance race with a maximum stint time of 65 minutes. Fuel fill time will be fixed and the 65 minute stint limit is going to be used for this round. Some cars will struggle to make 1hr on a full tank so some fuel saving will be needed, some other cars may easily make it well past 1hr and so to balance out the cars better these rules are used as in the real series.

Time scale will be 6x as the real round is 12hrs starting in the dark, session times will be as below on Monday 6th of April.
    Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:00pm AEST (in game Friday 4pm)
    Qualifying, 15 minutes: 8:45pm AEST (in game Saturday 6pm)
    Race, 2hrs: 9:00pm AEST (in game Saturday 5am)

A reminder for all to ensure they have set a lap in the Qualifying Server and anyone not yet entered to enter in the season entry thread.

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"
    The race server does have a locked entry list so if you haven't officially entered into the season you wont be able to get in on the night. You can enter even if you don't expect to run every round, there are 3 separate championships and an overall sprint enduro combined. This should allow those that cant do every race to still be in the running for something.

Please note whatever car you start your first official season race in you will be committed to for the full season.
    NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.
    Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.

Please note whatever car you start your first official race in, will what you need to use for the full season.

NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.

Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.

FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE

After testing the full formation manual start procedure on Wednesdays warm up races these turned out pretty good and easily manageable, ideally everyone will join the discord channel for race nights to hear any directions regarding the race start.

The general rule will be to start single file and follow the leader, you can weave and warm your tyres up here but be aware of cars ahead and behind at all times. Do your best to avoid causing any issues for others, then the second last corner of the track start to line up double file (may change for some tracks and be in that rounds thread)

Everyone should be in formation by the time the field makes it around the last turn and cars on the main straight should maintain 80kmh until the green light is given.

Anyone going considerably early enough to gain an advantage here may be given a post race time penalty. Cars behind the leader aren't allowed to back up and then anticipate the green to get an unfair run on the cars ahead of them. Same with front row cars they arent allowed to accelerate before the lights are green.

Weather
    Weather will be pretty warmer then it was at Brands hatch, the hotlap server will be similar to what the temps were for the 2019 top 10 shootout at 6PM on the Saturday. Race was a little warmer with temps getting to 30c during the day, chance of rain will be about 15% for this round.

Multi Driver teams
    Any drivers wanting to team up and share the driving load for any rounds can do so this season, you will need to let us know by 6:30pm on race night but ideally ASAP to ensure admins have time to pair you up in the entry list. Drivers teamed up will need to be in the same class and the car used if both are in different cars will be the one of the driver currently rated higher in the season, if both are on equal points it will be the driver with the higher season qualifying rank.

Anyone wanting to run as a team best to let us know early in the week so we can setup a separate practice server for teams practice, this will allow people to try figure out how this will all work before the night.

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For this round in particular, regarding blue flags. In most cases on the mountain its probably best for people to just run their normal line. If the car behind thinks they can make a safe pass they can attempt this but more often then not its likely best to wait until conrod straight where passes can be made before the kink.

If cars try and go offline to let cars past it will often end in tears for both and slowing too much here with all the blind corners makes it tricky for cars further back. The Pro drivers really don't want to put too much pressure on the AM's over the top, if they panic and lose control it can likely ruin both your races. Some patience here by all is required and everyone has traffic to manage, sometimes you will lose more then others but it generally balances out over a full distance. Maintaining control and avoiding any contact can easily be worth 30 seconds or more over a stint, if you need an extra stop you may lose a lap to the field so keeping it clean will give you your best chance for a good result.

If you see yellow flags on the mountain best to slow down and ensure your not passing anyone under yellows. If a car is blocking the track then everyone will need to do their best to avoid them, better to stop then make it a huge pileup. Discord can help and anyone that has a spin can alert all on discord or if there is any hazard.

This is a long race so patience and consistency are worth more then pushing for every last tenth for 2hrs. Many cars will have different strengths and weaknesses here so beware of different speeds throughout the lap, early laps if anyone spins up the top it can be carnage for most of the field.

If it goes real bad then we may call a safety car over discord, the leader will become the safety car and it will continue for a few laps to give the guys involved in a pileup a chance to pit and get onto the back of the field before a restart.
  4. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I think the slogan for this one might be "to finish first, first you must finish".
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thats why I added the 3rd video in the 1st post to show how it can quickly enough turn to :poop: here. :roflmao:
  6. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Maybe having someone call for a Safety Car in chat would be a good idea as well, since not everyone is in the Discord channel
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Good idea but that may also be difficult when people are driving, may get forgotten in the heat of the moment...I think we should try and encourage everyone to download discord and get in the channel, even if only for this one as it is going to be extra...awesome.
  8. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Yeah I was thinking this when I read Marty's post. I am usually not on discord but maybe this race requires its use? I think if there's going to be any pretence of trying to call some form of VSC in the race everyone will need to be on discord otherwise it's unlikely to work.

Certainly I think the main takeaway is that this race is going to be all about patience over the mountain!
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Everyone should go into discord channel even if they dont have a mic, I know incar I disable txt chat from displaying and its much easier to comunicate to everyone via voice chat.

Its also one reason why its best to avoid excessive chatter during qualy and race sessions to avoid people turning this off as its the best way to communicate critical info if needed.
  10. Radtaco

Radtaco Rookie

i'm happy to join, could be an idea for everyone to use push to talk or just mute themselves, and someone to have priority speaker so everyone can hear if there is chatter
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

Personally I have no idea why anyone would NOT be in the discord channel - I mean why wouldn't you want to listen to awesome blokes talking about brake bias? HMMM? Get into it.
    krunch, Coanda and marty like this.
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Push to talk needs to be mandatory. There's nothing more annoying than hearing someone's every gear change and so on.
    krunch, Coanda and marty like this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its not like on main race nights during qualy or race sessions there is too much chatter, with fairly large grids I think most can understand what not everyone really wants to be listening to. ;)

The yellow flags or safety car thing we havent really used in the past but at Bathurst if the tracks blocked it would be fairer to do this then force everyone to either join the pile up or lose the lap to those that were ahead of a big wreck.

People announcing on discord that someone has spun ahead will help others but also the yellow flags are a good indicator that you should take some extra care.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

.. or Mountain straight please..
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

People aren't expected to stop and wait for cars while going up mountain straight, sure the first and last sector is the best place to let people past but only if there are cars close behind. The faster guys in general should get themselves into a position where they can lap cars without costing the slower cars to need to completely abandon their own races. We don't want to scare the AM's out of the series and as in the real series the Pro rated drivers are expected to follow a higher standard and deemed to be responsible unless clear evidence shows fault of the lower rated driver.

16. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

Cheers for letting me hijack the server tonight Marty, Coach Dave's server was dead and couldn't think of another option :)
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

All good mate, I added him into the whitelist for all our servers. If you ever want to run with him using the Singapore servers would be best ping wise. ;) No dramas using any of our servers any time thats what they are for if someone wants to use them.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last night I did run a couple short races with AI, good practice to manage to follow cars closely over the top. AI is a bit slow so its good practice to learn how to go slower there as passing over the top is not that likely, I found the porsche is quite a weapon in a draft too. :D

Anyone wanting some mp running we have the wednesday sprints tonight and if you jump into the Rooz Global server its likely some others will join in there with some short format races. Hotlapping is not all that important here as thats only 1 lap you will probably need to keep it on the black stuff for close to 60 laps with traffic on Monday.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

I did the same last night and found:

• AI is very slow over the top as @marty says, and it is very good practice driving over that sector in traffic, especially the two fast left handers - easy to lose it in a few places there if you aren't careful, and there really isn't much wrangling room to get the car back if it starts to step out on you
    • I have found two ways to take forest elbow - stay right whilst braking and cut back across (more of a normal racing line for a flat corner) which maybe gives more exit potential, or brake straight to the apex and turn in on the apex. The AI will absolutely punt you into tomorrow if you take the second of these lines with one behind you, although I find this line safer and often quicker for me (the more traditional line requires precision)
  20. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver