ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 3 2x30 Sprints Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 24, 2020.

1. T-86_RS

T-86_RS New Recruit

Sorry guys. Random disconnects for no reason when all the rest of my connection is fine. Never experienced anything like it. Apologies if my car somehow managed to take someone out 10 mins into race 1 when I dropped at the final turn. Won't reconnect can't risk it happening at a start or anything. Will try figure it out, test on the test server during the week and be back for the next one.
  2. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

So some wiring on the GS-4 caught actual fire part way through the first race - ran too aggressive on the brake ducts and pads anyway so car wouldnt stop - well done kunos for the fire simulation in the 488
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all for the racing, nice to see a good turnout with up to 33 in the server at some point. Results are in the 2nd post and see you all at Bathurst next round. ;)
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

yes great racing guys and awesome to see so many in the server! I had tonnes of fun tonight, it was great.
  5. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I was feeling a bit unconfident in practice - it just wasn't clicking - but I ended up having 2 good, consistent races with some good racing, finished higher than I qualified.
    Bueller, marty, andyo450 and 3 others like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Highlights once the NBN does its thing. EDIT yt is being a real pain tonight, will try again and hope its up by the morning. :(

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    andyo450 and Bueller like this.
  7. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Rookie

Really enjoyed that, wasn't sure if I'd make the race as with everyone everything going on at the moment is definitely getting a bit, not sure what to call it, just ready for normality to come back.

So after roughly 2 hours or so of simracing I'm happy to say I'm glad I turned up, both races were great fun and for different reasons, had quite a few good battles in race 1 and then in race 2 thanks to mother nature had a good qualy and managed to hold on to a podium spot, which I'm really stoked about being my first proper one here.
    Great driving from Andy and Marty congrats on the win and 2nd.

Thanks to everyone for taking part, great to see a big grid, and some good clean races. I think if I'm ever lapping again though I might just put a blanket thank you at the end, have to wonder if people get sick of hearing thanks mate, cheers etc.

Thanks again for a bit of escapism on a Monday night, take care all, stay safe. :thumbsup:
  8. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

good racing thanks guys..;)..pretty sure I got used tyres in both pit stops even though I double checked strat for the second one..o_O..oh well..:unsure:.. bummer
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  9. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

33 cars at Brands is insane, what a turnout tonight, it was genuinely amazing to see, and for the most part I think the racing was good and clean. Just having a moment for how great this little league Marty et al have created for us, whether we're fast or slow. It's always so wonderful to rock up on a Monday and see the server fill up! So, genuinely, thanks to everyone. Anyway, before I get too sentimental:

Race 1 had an incredibly hectic start and by chance and luck by lap 2 I think I found myself at the head of a train of like 4 or 5 silver class cars, with Steve right behind me who I think was quicker. As soon as the pit window opened, dived in, got some new boots, and that was kind of it for action for me .... Until I had a minor slide about lap 15 coming out of Paddock, corrected it, and then because of where I have mapped view change on my steering wheel, managed to press that during the correction. The view changed just as I thought had the slight sorted, surprising and disorientating me and causing me to steer into the wall like a pleb. An utterly idiotic way to have an incident.

According to my other half who was in the room at the time, I made this noise: 'Hnnnueeeegghhhhh' at this point.

A fair whack of damage again, and lost silver class lead to Mr Consistent (and quick!) himself, Mr. Driving Slowly. Found myself doing a rear guard for the last few laps as I lost about a second of pace.

For those keeping count at home, that was 3 out of 3 races where I have nerfed myself into the wall like a particularly stupid crash test dummy. That is now 50% more times than what occurred last season.

Race 2, started slap bang in the midfield again, but avoided pretty much all incidents. There was a point where a rejoining Coanda and I had very slight contact that put me out wide and I lost 2 or 3 spots as everyone was so close, but that was nothing more than a racing incident I think. However, what made my race was again an early pitstop, and this time I nailed it, perfect stop on the marks, car engine off before I stopped rolling, ignition on before i dropped, and starter turning just as I dropped. I came in at the back of 3 cars, and came out ahead of all of them. After that, just tried to run consistently until the end, tried to mind my own business and kept making up spots due to the running in clean air, got close to Brad's Porsche towards the end, but never felt a move was likely, the Civic made its pace in the wrong places to really make an overtake too likely. And more importantly, I didn't throw the civic into the damn reeds! Finally, a clean race! :thumbsup:
  10. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

@Shawn Jacobs - I reviewed R1 start and what I did was wrong.. :thumbsdown: Sorry matey I'll be more mindful next time.. Nice qualy in the rain by the way.. :thumbsup:
  11. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

It was a fun session! surprisingly I had more pace in qualy than I thought I would when looking at my own times in singleplayer. But the wet qualy was a tough one, but I got a lap in!
    I had a poor start in race 1, avoiding cars spun round and trying to keep my bumper clean. Then someone got on my inside which left me unable to defend from another car on the inside on the next corner. I apologise to A.Glock as I turned into him on the third last corner as he was going for a clean move, completely my mistake.
    Race 2 I had a better start but then got caught up in the lap 1 carnage, mainly turn 3 as someone emerged from the traffic facing the wrong way, so that was a shock.
    I feel I need to improve on consistency in the races, but brands was especially tough for me, mainly sector 1.
    andyo450 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  12. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

That was an evening that I could probably forget about tbh haha. Race 1 was going well, having a great battle with @marty up until the pit stop. I went in the pits, got to my box, turned the engine off and sat there waiting to go up on the jacks. Only I didn't. I realised after a few seconds that I had overshot my box so I quickly turned the engine back on, reversed, turned the engine off again and then proceeded to wait again until the mechanics in their pedantic pickyness moved me into place. Pretty sure I lost about 20 seconds at least :poop:

That manoeuvre put me in the midpack with which, in a place like this, is a struggle as it's nearly impossible to pass. There was a moment with Bueller who I unfortunately tapped heading into Sheen's corner. I thought I had enough space to tuck in behind him but I misjudged it slightly and just touched his rear corner. Any other place and it might have been alright but that corner your'e always on the edge and it was enough to destablise him and send him to the gravel. Massive apologies @Bueller . I know redressing doesn't really help the situation but I did anyway as I felt terrible. Anyway finishing the race in 14th wasn't a great result but better than I thought I'd have after that terrible pitstop.

Q for race 2 was a complete surprise for me ending up in 5th. I didn't post that lap until the end of q as I couldn't control the car. I realised my pressures were far too low so I increased them which gave me the grip I needed.

Race 2 was a lot better! @tezpez85 and I were fighting all the way to the stops, he pulled in first but I think something happened as he was still(?) there when I boxed next lap. This time I learnt my lesson and the stop worked well this time. I came out in 4th behind @Shawn Jacobs by 2 seconds and also had @Frostwa on my backside. For some reason I was losing a second a lap from the pit stop, I'm wondering if I had old tyres put on, I don't know, but I just had no pace. I also had a pesky fly continually landing on my face and hands which was annoying af :roflmao:. Sure enough Shawn pulled away, Shane caught up and with 3 laps to go overtook me on the inside of turn 1 as I ran wide. Much happier with 5th rather than 14th so I'll take it.

Sorry for the novel!!
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My race summary, Q1 I had lots of traffic first attempt so I pitted and tried to find some space for a second run. Here I managed to slot into a nice clear gap at the very end of the session getting 2 completely clear laps and posted a good lap on the last attempt.

Race 1, I had a good start but pretty early on made a silly error running wide at Sheene's and let @Kcender87 past, then a few laps later I went even wider and was lucky not to take anyone out as I just missed the wall and came back across the track. There I lost a couple more spots and went back into 4th. I ended up behind @Jeremy Talbot I think and made a pass on him as he ran a little wide. From there @andyo450 had the lead and I got up close to @tezpez85 after my stop, I had hoped to undercut him but came out just alongside at t1 but unable to make a pass. From there I did all I could to fill his mirrors and hope for a tiny gap or error but he gave me nothing. :mad::D

Race 2, qualy was pretty tricky. My full wet pace wasn't great here so I was quit happy to qualify 3rd. In the race I had a pretty decent start and did all I could to try pass @Shawn Jacobs and stayed behind him for quite a few laps putting on as much pressure as possible. He made a tiny error and I was able to sneak on past, from there @andyo450 had made a bit of a gap. As I had some clear track I tried to stay out a bit longer to try get away from those behind me in the race. We came across some traffic, they all did well but I caught a few in all the wrong spots losing a few seconds to Andy. Then my cars balance seemed to really go away and I made a couple errors to lose more time. I pitted and was surprised to still come out in 2nd but was a long way off the lead with a bit of a buffer to 3rd. I had some pace and tried to put in some quick laps to maybe pressure Andy but then I started to make some errors later in the stint when going for some fast laps.

3rd and 2nd was an ok result but I thought in the dry here I may have had the pace to pressure Andy :alien: a bit more, he showed his class as usual running a near perfect round getting all he could from the Nissan.
  14. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Rookie

No worries mate, apologies I may have cursed over the radio, had a similar thing at Monza so at the time I was a little argh lol turned into a good race after that, was nice to have another Audi around, was really unfortunate when I saw you go round, hopefully race 2 was better for you.

And thanks man, I so far quite like the rain in ACC, I come from RF2 and if anyone has ever driven in the wet in that, it's a whole world of pain, so it's nice that rain in ACC is much more predictable and you can actually attack. I also find getting TC and abs right makes a huge difference in these cars for the wet. For the Audi 4 and 4 seemed to work really well.
    andyo450, Coanda, marty and 2 others like this.
  15. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Yeah, I did what you did in R1. In both races, there was a car right in my pit box so I had no way of knowing if I had hit the marks. In R1 I got lucky, but in R2 I pressed the engine off switch and the jacks weren't lifting the car up, so I held down the starter again after a few seconds and found I was like a metre out of the pitbox. I couldn't hear the engine switch off because of the car that was in my pitbox was emanating a sound very similar to my car's engine. I wish they would make cars transparent in the pitlane because it can really ruin your race with big grids like this.

As the car dropped I hit the accelerator, but somewhere during the mad scramble to stop the engine, I had disengaged the pit-limiter and copped a 30 second stop-go penalty for speeding in the pit-lane despite hitting the brakes. A disaster to say the least.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Mate R1 you were my target and after getting shoved around a bit in T3 (pushed along sideways at one point haha!) I was giving it everything I had to try and catch you, sweat going everywhere, yelling "get up" at the car and all that. I was doing alright and closing in then I totally screwed up my pit stop and lost heaps of time! I thought that was it and I was done, but amazingly I got back a few places and ended up chasing you down towards the end. I had just about given up with about 4.5 seconds to catch and only a couple laps to go when I saw you go off...bad luck mate as you were driving up a storm.

Q2 I ruined a bunch of peoples laps near the end when I span out after touching a curb at T3 - apologies to all I affected with that mistake...rain!

R2 I got into a bingle early on. This was 50/50 after watching the replay, hard to say it was either driver at fault - both could have been more cautious and avoided it. It is so hard in the moment to make a decision to leave lots of room and let a place go like that, especially in a 30 minute race...and especially at Brands Hatch where it is hard to recover positions. Of course we both lost more by having the contact and spin - and this is worse as others were affected too - so I hope I can keep that at the forefront of my mind when in those kinds of situations in the future.

I think I ended up last after this incident and after spending a lap working out how bad the car was dinged (it was fine), I got my head down and started pushing hard. I am really happy with how far back up the field I got after this and was getting faster every lap towards the end. I just squeezed past Hatfield as he went off three corners from the end and got close enough for a last corner attempt at Mael but I pulled out as I felt it was going to be unsafe to really commit to it.

All in all, a very fun night racing - it is so easy (for me anyway) to get incredibly focused on your performance, lap times, the competition, incidents etc and forget to HAVE FUN when racing - well this race was incredibly enjoyable and at times like these, I really need stuff like this! Thanks all, you are all legends.
    andyo450, c4rLo5, tezpez85 and 6 others like this.
  17. Jarmel

Jarmel Rookie

" All in all, a very fun night racing - it is so easy (for me anyway) to get incredibly focused on your performance, lap times, the competition, incidents etc and forget to HAVE FUN when racing - well this race was incredibly enjoyable and at times like these, I really need stuff like this! Thanks all, you are all legends." Steve

Exactly well said.
    I wasn't feeling it at the start of the night, didn't practice as much as I would normally as the XGN league I race with is running the RSS formula v6 cars and absolutely love these cars. Coming from those to the ACC cars and these feel horrid to drive for the first 20 or so minutes.
    During 1st quali I couldn't put a lap together and didn't register a time so started at the back of the grid, race starts ,still struggling with the car and start thinking this just ain't fun and i'm wasting my time and that i'm a mobile hazard. Then it all starts to click and get used to the handling of the car . The rest of the first race was fantastic, being involved in multiple great battles with those around me. We might not of been very quick but the racing was clean hard and fair. Right up there for fun factor in any race iv'e been in. Thank you to those around me for a great race my grey hairs forbid me from remembering who they were.
    Race 2 didn't go well got caught up in the carnage on lap 1 and limped back to the pits for repairs and popped out in front of the leaders already a lap down. Had a slight moment and decided to park it for the rest of the race.

That 1st race was so much fun.

For those that don't know i'm L Young.
  18. Radtaco

Radtaco Rookie

This was the best result for me yet.

I do apologies to M. Steber for my contact with you in R1, at the 2nd last corner on Lap 1 you sent a move on me that i just didn't see coming and turned into you, granted i did get sent off but it messed your pace up. And again Lap 10 t2, i went wide and wasn't expecting you to be there.

Hard but fun track. Looking forward to Bathurst:rolleyes:
    andyo450 likes this.
  19. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

I thought Brands was gonna be a bit of a struggle in the GTR. Going into that round I was fully expecting to be 0.5 sec off the pace. I did a bit of fiddling with the setup and I think I found a decent bit of time in it but most importantly it reacted the way I wanted it to.

P2 in qually was good. I could’ve gotten a little bit more out of it but it would’ve taken a pretty special lap to beat Marty.

I dropped to 3rd in at the start but I knew kcender had great pace and would keep tabs on Marty so i was able to settle in to the race a bit. We seemed to have better pace than everyone behind so things were looking pretty good. I would’ve been happy to grab p3. A few laps in Marty had a twitch towards the end and kcender went past. Another couple of laps later the same thing happened and this time I was able to get past. Kcender had a tiny gap at this stage but I was able to close up quick. When I got close it was instantly noticeable the rear was not behaving at all. He went a bit deep into a few corners and eventually went off. Bad luck mate.
    After this I was able to pull out a bit of a gap. Had a pretty ordinary stop but the gap was big enough so stayed P1.
    Really surprised to win it but I won’t complain.

Q2 was wet so the result for that wasn’t ever in doubt :D.

The race pace from Race 1 was really good so I figured I had a good shot at race 2. I kept the lead from the start and tried to build a gap to the cars behind. I had a really good stop this time and a perfect run through traffic. So in the end the gap was much bigger than it probably should’ve been.

So in the end 2 from 2 in the GTR. It ended up being much quicker than I would’ve thought and it was brilliant in race trim. Awesome to see how much depth there is to the cars in ACC.
    Well done to the guys who made it on the podiums and it was great to see so manu cars on track as well

Now bring on Bathurst.
  20. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Much better round this week for me. Awesome to see so many cars on track!

Q1: I couldn't quite get it together and only managed a couple of middling laps. It was no disaster but with the big field I found myself in 21st :confused:

R1: I had a decent start and with some luck I managed to avoid the lap 1 incidents and move up a couple of places. Some good battles kept me busy in the first stint including a lengthy dice with @Mael in which we swapped positions a couple of times. My stop went well and the rest of the race wasn't quite as busy until @Jeremy Talbot caught me on the last lap requiring a bit of defense.

Q2: Wet qualy can be a mixed bag and mine had a hole in it. I'd made the mistake of slightly tweaking the wet setup before heading out and I just couldn't keep the car on the track. With not much time left I went back to the default wet setup and had time for 1 flier which fortunately snuck me into 11th.

R2: Again I had a good start and managed to avoid incidents which allowed me to move forward. I found myself in a cool battle with @Cooper who looked like he was struggling a bit with the Honda. Our pace was very similar and I wasn't sure I could make a move but then he ran wide at Sheene's and slid back accross in front of me! :eek: I thought we were both gone but somehow I missed him while somehow he caught it and we both carried on!

However I was now in front and had every intention of staying there ;). We pitted on the same lap and I managed to build a small gap early in the stint. I found that mid stint the Porsche would suddenly lose front grip before rebalancing after a few of laps. Cooper managed to close down the gap a bit during that phase but as we were both negotiating lapped cars the gap stabilised and I held on for 6th. Woot!

Bathurst next week is going to be a very different challenge :coffee: