ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 1 60 Minute Zolder Sprint

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Rookie

definitely not a good way to start at all, that's the first incident I've had in years, and to do it in a brand new league to the freaken admin of all people is definitely a massive embarrassment to say the least. I can only hope that is the first and last incident I have here, and apologies again Marty, I can see that there is a penalties thread, so I wouldn't be surprised to cop a penalty for that one, as it would definitely be deserved.

Before that it was a really good race, unfortunately afterwards just felt a bit dejected and I was too afraid to try anything on anyone, so it turned into a race of follow the leader, but hopefully I can perform more my norm come Monza.

Congrats to Andy, Jeremy and Terry on the podium finishes and really nice driving Shane.

Thank you to the admin for putting this league on and all the drivers for taking part, it's definitely a top notch experience (when I'm not screwing up)

See you all next week.
  2. kuda

kuda Rookie

Enjoyed my 10m on the track before internet decided to :poop: itself :thumbsup:

One suggestion as mentioned on Discord is to have a longer Qualifying time (20m?). Also the time in between Qualifying and Race felt super short too, could've used another minute or two to double check set up.

Thanks to everyone involved in organising the league ;)
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  3. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

All good man - it made for good fun with close racing in the mid field - i properly ruined my race on my own when out braking myself into the pits anyway :p
    Rolz likes this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Thanks for the race all - very fun for me but probably a bit more frustrating for others.

I had a terrible qualy session after I couldn’t get a clean lap in. I was on for a high 28 when the car two seconds in front of me got off the throttle and then strangely coasted across the racing line blocking the next corner...I went into collision avoidance mode and that was the end of that. 17th.

first few laps of the race I got incredibly lucky, sailing though crashes without a scrape, getting tapped from behind but holding it, unintentionally but also quite rudely leaving no room as I passed at the hairpin (very sorry, misjudged the exit twice!) and the amazing skill and composure of the other driver to avoid contact - this was the theme of my night. After this I got stuck at the back of a 4 car train - all Silver class drivers fighting.for position and those all important class points. I felt like I had pace but as we were pulling away as a group I just tucked in and stayed patient, trying to stay close but also safe and wait for my chance.

I got a freebie when the unlucky Jorgensen (who had been doing an amazing job defending cleanly up ahead) went over the limit and caught a nasty snap at t3, going off.

I caught the group ahead again and tucked back in waiting for another chance. For a driver like me with not much experience fighting for positions, especially on a tight track like zolder, I felt my best strategy was to focus hard on consistency and pressure and wait for the drivers in front to make a mistake - and failing this roll the dice in the pit stop and see what that would do for me.

As the pit window opened the remaining three silvers (hatfield, bueller and krunch I think) in the group all went in to pit together and so I followed. Somehow in a confusion of cars jammed together I drove in and cut my engine, stopping perfectly on the spot for tyres to be changed. Leaving the pits I found I had gained three positions and about 5 seconds in total on the group - I was now the lead silver car - and I had clean road ahead. Head down and focus...keep on it and don’t make a mistake. I managed to pull a lot of laps within a couple tenths of eachother and cut through traffic cleanly, eeking out a 15 second gap when I came up on Nando and Vandelay 1 lap down in a fierce battle for position. Nando called out ‘how much do you want this position?’ And I understood that with only 4:30 to go me passing them would probably ruin the battle - so I sat back and watched them duke it out for the last few laps whilst hoping I hadn’t made a huge mistake that I would regret later! Luckily that wasn’t the case and I got to watch them fight right up to the line and grab 6th for myself! Great battle to watch guys!

Tonight was really about luck for me, avoiding damage and just taking no risks once the first few laps of chaos settled...

as always amazing pace up front, and great job to the podium drivers, and well done to all finishers. Bad luck to the guys that got the opposite kind of race to me - we’ve all been there it feels awful! No matter - we’ll get another chance next week! Looking forward to seeing another decent grid!
    krunch, LuciuxNexx, tezpez85 and 5 others like this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I logged on and am reading some of your race comments... I thought I'll give this bloody fanatec power pack one last go and what do you know.. green light.. m.f.p.o.s.

providing there is no more brownouts I should be able to join next weeks race. @marty I missed class qually, can i still post a time on the qually server?
    krunch, tezpez85 and marty like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race Highlights and lowlights. :D Once yt finishes the upload in about 30 min

Yes qualy server will be up all season for late entries and those that didn't get time to put a qualy time in before rnd 1.

I also noticed a small typo in the pit window rules, thats why it started later then expected as it was 300 seconds instead of 600 seconds for a 10 minute pit window. Anyway it stuffed me more then most as I trundled around damaged 7 seconds per lap off pace waiting for the window, only to come in when it should have opened but it wasn't meaning I lost 1 lap that stop fixing 1:20 of damage and most of a lap on the second stop. :oops:
    krunch, andyo450, tezpez85 and 5 others like this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

If you can, next time take out Andy :sneaky::p
  8. Radtaco

Radtaco Rookie

Thanks for the race, it was quite a learning experience for me.

Sorry to anyone i held under blue flags still learning the best way to get out of the way.

My race was going as i expected until i came into pit and smashed straight into the pit wall causing me massive damage, changing a short pitstop into a 2:10 stop. Needless to say i was pretty tilted after that and struggled with pace and concentration fetching me a lovely drive thru penitently.

Hopefully i can bring a better result in Monza next week.
    Good experience to learn from, excited to give it another crack :thumbsup:
  9. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

I had a shocking qualifying with a lot of traffic hindering two of my three attempts but luckily I made a fair amount of places during the race. Some actual overtakes and others misfortunes. Unfortunately Laurenson and I made contact and that ruined their race and I apologise for that. Other than that it was enjoyable!

(I made the thumbnail for the highlights video! :D)
  10. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Rookie

:roflmao: no thanks!!! I'm done with incidents for the rest of the season! :)

At least with Monza the straight is a little longer.
  11. Wally

Wally Team Driver

SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  12. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

Good racing all, always good fun. Very sorry I was the one that caused the restart, car in front didn't move and I thought we were ghost, derp.
    Narrowly avoided damage at the early hairpin incident, cruising along in a good position but missed my pit board marker and fell back a few.
    A bit of pressure from Stevedrivingconsistantly. Gaining on Hatfield towards the end he had a slide in t1, managing to get past...sort of...spotter said clear on the left as turned to apex but was not the case, in hindsight I should have left room just in case. Dropped back a few more. Thanks guys.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

The native spotter in ACC is absolute rubbish - I tested it against AI a couple days ago and it makes a lot of bad calls. When I updated CrewChief last I got a notice that said that the CrewChief team will probably abandon support for ACC at the next version due to bad data feeds from the game, meaning that making a good spotter (one to the standards they set for themselves I guess) is very hard.
    Frostwa and Bueller like this.
  14. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

I had a somewhat boring race in all honesty Hahaha! Although I'm very glad to take that.

I was very surprised to get p3 in quali, I was one of the first to get out of the pits and I think that helped get my banker lap.

Then in the race I couldn't get any grip for some reason and fell to 4th before finding my rhythm again. It was shaping up to be a nice, tight battle for second (no one can touch Andy it seems!) until the turn 1 incident which left me in second place. A shame that actually as it was pretty fun at the time. After that it was just going through the motions. People did really well with blue flags, although there was the odd occasion where someone would slow down just on the corner rather than before which made life a little tricky.

Congrats on all the class podiums and Andy on the overall win.
    Frostwa, LuciuxNexx, andyo450 and 3 others like this.
  15. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I feel like a seagull picking up the scraps from a chip packet after that one.

With limited practice I tried to adapt the setup from the Fez last season with limited success. I was down in qualli compared to my runs before official prac, though the car felt better on a full load. It was really squirrelly towards the end of both stints though.

Starting 7th, some good defensive work from @gominiman kept me on his rear end for several laps before I got through and managed to pip @shawn and Shane in the pits. The rest of the places I gained were incidents in front. Squawk!

Congrats to @Andy and @jeremy on the 1, 2.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    You don't mean me, you mean my brother @gominiman
    But coincidentally I also have epic defensive driving skills ;)
    krunch, tezpez85 and andyo450 like this.
  17. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Old Godzilla was pretty bloody decent at zolder. Im expecting it to struggle at a few of the tracks on the calender so it was good to pick up a win.

I had the first pitbox so there was plenty of clear air for me for qually. Got some decent laps in and stuck it on pole.

The race was pretty straight forward. The GTR was really consistent over the race which takes a heap of pressure off.
    Hopefully its still good at Monza.

Well done to @Jeremy Talbot on p2. Nice first race result :D. Nice work @tezpez85 as well.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I had a good battle with him in the practice round.. Clean and fast :thumbsup::cool:
  19. LuciuxNexx

LuciuxNexx Rookie

I had a moderately quiet race, most of it spent with Suspension and rear aero damage so my lap times were appalling, and the time to fix it was going to take longer than the lost time on track so I opted out of that at the last minute and almost binned it in the pits.

and early nudge sent me off track at t2 after I was struggling for traction around t1 a bit. pure racing accident and no damage done ot the car then. That was my own fault for being too eager on the throttle while chasing down a Smith.

but that suspension and aero damage made following other cars into corners dangerous, to others mostly.

Hopefully I didn't cause too many issues under blue flags, tried to get out of the way in a timely fashion so as not to interrupt any battles.

I'm hoping next race I can have a cleaner, less gravel filled race. and less tight chicanes... :p
    Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  20. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Breaking: PORSCHE ATTEMPTS TO KILL DRIVER - FAILS COMPLETELY

OK so that's a bit sensationalist but it seems to be the trend in this world these days :laugh:

Anyway, the default aggressive setup for the Porsche at Zolder was created to end your life :ninja:. After attmepting a few tweaks to settle the rear down I was just slow so I drafted in my Kyalami setup and tweaked that :sneaky:. Somehow at the last minute I found a nice balance so yay :geek:

Qual: 'Yay' soon turned to 'eh?' when I realised I could only muster a time good enough for 15th! (curse those fast noobs!)

Race: Ride your luck and don't question it because it never stays for breakfast! At least for me it stayed for dinner and I got a good result :thumbsup:.

My start was fine and I held pos until the chicane shenanigans caught a couple of cars out. I was able to stay with the pack for the next few laps until the hairpin horrors had cars scrambling in all directions :eek:. I was extremely lucky to avoid a collision as I took to the grass and managed to filter back on track safely and carry on. Bad luck to those who got caught up - I know that feeling :cry:.

I then had a sensational batlle with Jorgensen in front and Bueller behind for many laps before I found a way to sneak past Jorgenson. I managed to make a gap and tried to peg back GoMiniMan ahead but could only get a liitle bit closer by the time the pit window opened.

I botched my stop a bit by forgetting I'd switched to manual engine mode so lost some time, but strangely still managed to jump GoBentleyMan. However StevePittingRapidly brained us all and jumped up three spots or so!

GoBentleyPram pressured me for several laps before I got clear but soon a recovering Rolz loomed :alien:. It wasn't long before he was on my tail and we had an epic battle for about 10 laps. I made that Porsche wider than Trump's ego but eventually even that wasn't enough to stop him getting by. However a lap later he ran wide at T1 and as he tried to recover speed I tried to squeeze him into T2. We side bumped and as he unfortunately spun I bounced wide onto the grass. I was fortunate not to spin though and I was able to carry on with no spots lost. Sorry Rolz for my part in that. Although I technically gave you room, looking at the replay I could have been a bit more generous and it's a shame you spun :(.

He caught me again on the last lap but I held him out for 7th place. It's going to be tough for me to even get near the top 10 regularly in this field so I'll take this one for sure!

grats Andy, Jeremy and Terry for overall honours.
    grats Steve Driving Slowly and GoMiniMan for Silver class honours
    grats Mael, Paul Freeland and Art Vandelay for AM class honours

See you all at Monza (where I may need a secret fuel flow trick to match the top speed of the other cars :speechless:)