ACC Monday 9th of March Pre Season Unofficial Sprint round Kyalami

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 6, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The coming Monday will be the final pre season run before the season proper starts on the 16th.

Race format will be
    45 min open Practice at 8:30pm AEDT
    Q1 10 minutes 9:15 AEDT
    R1 30 minutes
    Q2 10 minutes
    R2 30 minutes

This race will be 2x 30 minute sprint races with a 10 minute pit window mid race in both races, compulsory tyre change during the race but no fuel allowed to be added. This is the same format as the sprint rounds during the season though half of them will be a single 60 minute with the rest 2x30.

Anyone entered into the season can join this race and server will be setup the same as for the full season, anyone wanting to test as a team can do so for this round but will need to request this no later then 6:30pm Melbourne time Monday to give us time to set the entry list as needed prior to the race night. Car choice is open here and what you start this race in will not lock you into a car for the season proper.

Server password will be "season2" it will also be a locked entry list so only those entered officially in the season will be able to enter for us to test this before the season proper starts. Anyone wanting to race will need to enter in the season entry thread and also make sure that we have their GUID in the GUID thread if they are new to ROOZ servers.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Coanda, LuciuxNexx, krunch and 5 others like this.
  2. Balimaar

Balimaar Rookie

Just to specify re: tyre rules.Its a bit daft but I'd like it spelled out to me anyway hehe
    Do we change tyres in both 30 minute races?
  3. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Yes.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The 2x 30 minute sprint format we use is just a shortened version of the real series 2x60 minute sprint race weekends. Both races have a 10 minute pit window mid race in which you must make a stop and change tyres but are not allowed to add any fuel.
    Rolz likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks for all that made the races, sorry I stuffed up the server config and forgot to add race rules for pit stops. Was back to regular Monday rain but at least it wasnt a full flood. ;)

Results from tonights races.
  6. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

as far as rain goes, i thought that was pretty good.. Our lap times were believable whilst being 10-15 seconds slower, it had variation and was tricky without being rude..
  7. Balimaar

Balimaar Rookie

I still hated the rain xD
    Rather filthy with myself for missing the start in Race 2 and having the game put me a lap down because buggy reasons.My P16 would have been 2-3 places higher.

Ah well like I said in discord. Just as well it happened in a pre-season test and not in a championship :)
  8. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

the reason you went a lap down was because drivers were starting from pit lane and coming out in P1 at tracks like Nurburgring. Minolin increased the lock time however it may still be causing issues for larger grids. He did also say that he would like to address the lap down scenario in the future..
    Rolz likes this.
  9. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Rookie

Thanks all, really enjoyable racing :thumbsup:

I look forward to round 1 next Monday.

Cheers.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  10. LuciuxNexx

LuciuxNexx Rookie

Towards the end of the first race my computer started having issues :( crashed while in Quali for Race 2.
    It was all a bit too hard after the long weekend to deal with so I threw in the towel for race too and sulked a bit lol

also sorry to one of the Mr Smiths for making contact, I think it was Jayden, my first race in the wet that wasn't F1 2019 and I was having issues with limits. F1 2019 is like a fried egg of a teflon pan, ACC is like "no, there is still grip", I tried to rejoin safely and was looking in all my mirrors then you were right there :( feelsbadman.

other than that It was super fun pounding out the laps in the rain until the end where something made my Rift S stutter like the stutter rap.

Looking forward to the season opener.
  11. Radtaco

Radtaco Rookie

All good mate, i was driving on struggle street, i found the McLaren lacking in my hands, only able to pull a 1:48 on a dry course.
    Tried the Aston and managed consistent 1:44s. So hopefully i can be more competitive at the season opener ;)
  12. LuciuxNexx

LuciuxNexx Rookie

I had exactly the same issue with the Macca!
    I was pounding out laps at Bathurst in the 720S, then I jumped in the Aston and was 4+ seconds a lap quicker on my firest hot lap.
    Front engine cars seem to agree with us both!
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Cheers for the races gents, lots of fun! I really enjoyed myself although I was in my own way for most of the night. Coming back in the last few days after three weeks off with no rim (Fanatec did a super amazing job of repairing the covering by the way!) was awesome - but I need to get some seat time in before the season starts that is for sure!
    LuciuxNexx likes this.
  14. Balimaar

Balimaar Rookie

My thanks to the Smith's for the clean battles I had with them last night <3
    Thank you to the admin at Race 1 who restarted the session just for me :)
  15. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

Yea man it was fun, except for the spins i had in race 2 where I spun so many times and just gave up lol
  16. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Glad your back Stevenolongerdrivingslowly.. What happened to your rim?
  17. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

The stitching started to come undone and the covering was coming off, plus an LED failed on the rev counter. I have only been into this for 9 months so wasn't super impressed with that. On the other hand, it has taken a beating from all of the many thousands of collisions with various trackside (and on track) objects, massive vibrations caused from the majority time I spend on non-asphalt type racing lines/surfaces (e.g. grass, gravel) and friction due to massive amounts of counter steer required due to my precise reverse entry technique on most corners (not conventional in GT3 but I'm sticking with the strategy).

That said I was incredibly impressed with the service I got - I sent a mail and they were amazing about it, took it back under warranty repaired everything beautifully - completely replaced the Alcantara and even added a second layer around the thumb positions for additional durability - and returned to me quickly at zero cost (refunded all my postage expenses etc). One of the best service experiences I've had with any company I reckon.
    c4rLo5, krunch and LuciuxNexx like this.
  18. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I had good fun last night with some great battles mixed with a couple of lucky escapes. For me it was one of those occasional nights where the high attrition worked for me, instead of me contributing to it :laugh:. I snagged a rare and lucky podium in R2 but I still had to race hard and race well to be in that postition so I'll take it! Combining that with a P4 in R1 makes me wish it had been a championship race!:p

Q1: A wet qual after dry prac is always a chuckle. Throw out the 'carefully honed' setup, load up the default wetty, drain some fuel, look at the tyre pressures and track temp pretending to have a clue, ignore that and just head out anyway and try not to bin it (...too many times) :roflmao:. I got a bunch of valid laps in so happy days. P10 :ninja:.

R1: Wet race. I got a good start and managed to avoid trouble in the midpack moving forward a few spots, despite moments of complete whitewash in the spray. The rain turned out to be a heap of fun and I somehow kept it on the island the entire race which helped me to float up from P10 to P4.:D

Q2: A wet qual after a wet race is... more of the same. Just keep doing what you were doing for the previous half an hour only now with new tyres and less fuel :). I felt my pace was better than Q1 and it actually was. So where did I qual this time round??!! um P10 again :confused:

R2: Nighttime but dry! Now it was time to dig out that dry setup and feel some grip! Another decent start and epic close but clean racing in that first lap. Early in lap 2 some rear contact sent me through the T3 sandtrap but I somehow stayed straight and landed back on the track carrying on with no harm done - wow. A few laps later I was hit hard in the side when I got dive bombed into the final turn but somehow didn't spin and lost only one position. Again very lucky especially as there was also no significant damage. As the race went on and other cars went off I ended up in a classic battle with Talbot and Coanda which carried on right to the last corner on the last lap. Epic stuff.

Good to see a bunch of new drivers on track too :thumbsup:.
    Shawn Jacobs, Coanda, c4rLo5 and 2 others like this.
  19. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

That battle was epic! I loved trying to get past you while also checking my mirrors for Coanda each and every corner haha! 0.3 behind you and 0.3 in front of Coanda over the line awesome stuff
    krunch, Shawn Jacobs and Coanda like this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

ripa stuff boys :thumbsup::cool: one of the better battles I have been in ACC and all very clean and hard. I did not notice right away, I accidentally ran with 1 rear brake duct. My brakes were orange/red on the hud and the rear tyres were 30 psi at the end. Thats how hard we were pushing.. See you there again for the official round :sneaky::)
    krunch and Jeremy Talbot like this.