ACC ACC Season 2/3 qualifying server

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 7, 2020.

?

Which track should season 2 league qualifying server be at?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2020.
  1. Barcelona

5.0%
  2. Bathurst

15.0%
  3. Brands Hatch

5.0%
  4. Hungaroring

5.0%
  5. Kyalami

40.0%
  6. Laguna Seca

5.0%
  7. Nurbrugring

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Spa

10.0%
  9. Suzuka

10.0%
  10. Zandvoort

5.0%
  1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

This coming season we will have another qualifying server to set class levels for all drivers entered into the season. This server will go live Monday 9th after the Pre Season test race, the Poll we used determined that Kyalami will is the season2 Qualifying server.

This season to try and make racing a bit more interesting for all in the field we will split the field into 3 classes Pro/Silver/AM. Everyone registered for the season must set a lap time in this server and we will put up a leader board which will be in this thread.

The server name is "RaceOnOZ.com ROOZ 04 Season 2 Official Qualifying server" and will be up all season so any later entries can set a time and get graded.
    The password for the server will be "season2" this server is using full static conditions so it should be the same for everyone each time they enter.

You can use any car and any setup and your best lap in any car will count as your qualifying time, the car you start your first official race in will be the car you have for the full season.
    In order to get into the field for a Monday official season race you will need to set a time before 7pm AEST on the Monday of the race you want to enter.

Times are updated automatically but may take up to an hour to show on the leaderboard.

From round 9 of the season everyone that has ran at least 2 rounds must have set a time on the qualifying server. We want all AM's to have a reasonable chance in the season to fight for a class win, any new entries will need to set a time in the server before getting access to the server on Monday nights.
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    LuciuxNexx and Rolz like this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

lets not muck around.. Bathurst please :cool::thumbsup:
  4. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I reckon you need a fairly balanced track - not too tight, not too fast - to get a fair indication of speed. I would go for Brands Hatch. Somewhere like Bathurst could well advantage cars that either have a heap of grip over the top of the mountain or a heap of speed down Conrod.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I’m going to say Suzuka as it’s a traditional drivers circuit
  6. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Bathurst might be too familiar requiring less work to get a decent time so maybe we should avoid it? I'm thinking Kyalami as it's not only unfamiliar to most of us but has a great range of corners, straights, elevation, curbs and doesn't seem to suit a particular car type over others (so far as I can tell).
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Suzuka or Kyalami also good :thumbsup:
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  8. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Kyalami sounds good but if it is a IGTC track then aspiring members who don't own the DLC can't qualify. Probably base content in this case.
    krunch likes this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I was thinking the same re base content, though we have also races on all DLC tracks during the season even though they are only in the ICGT standings. I would assume most aussie sim racers would buy this pack, after all it has an awesome Bathurst version in it id be amazed if any regular ACC users would have skipped on the pack.

I picked Bathurst for that reason exactly everyone should know the track, Kyalami everyone is new to it but either way it only took me about 5 to 10 laps to get a basic idea of the layout and its a track I have never seen before other then maybe a couple laps on yt.
    krunch likes this.
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

If its base game I’d vote for Zandvoort, if DLC included, Kyalami - both varied and many cars work well.
    krunch and Coanda like this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

12. Balimaar

Balimaar Rookie

Personally I'd much prefer Spa. Its a decent test for any and all.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its very much looking like Kyalami as the qualy track, unless there is a big shift in voting this server will be setup after the races tonight. ;)
  14. Balimaar

Balimaar Rookie

I guess it makes sense. I just think Spa is a better test of the individual driver.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Personally I think most tracks are a pretty good test, a long track like Spa also make time gaps a bit larger so the class gaps would likely need to be altered. I put it up to a vote to see what the majority vote would be like, I kind of hoped it would be Bathurst but Kyalami seems a fun track even if I have so far only done about 5 laps there.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  16. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Kyalami is an amazing track... :)
  17. Balimaar

Balimaar Rookie

Oh I'm not complaining. I hope I didnt come across that way nor am I trying to overturn the majority :)
    I'm happy to go along with the flow and am looking forward to some tight competition.
  18. Jarmel

Jarmel Rookie

Hi, I probably won't be able to put a time on the quali server due to having to rush up to brissy monday night. If this helps with grading at Bathurst i was running high 2.05's ,race pace was about 2.06-7 when I didn't hit the walls. In the 20 or so laps of practice i did get in for kya ended up around the 1.48 from memory ?
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

If you cant get a time in before next Monday as long as you set one the week after your grade will be adjusted, you will be put in as AM to start the season. The qualy server will be up all season for any new people that enter, I have just put it up and leaderboard will be updated from tomorrow night.
    LuciuxNexx likes this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Just a note the qualy server is up but it isnt quite working as intended, the static server is now in the admin handbook but "unsupported" I have asked for some support from Minolin so fingers crossed he can get this to work again.

Edit: it looks like it may now be working as intended. The qualy server should start and stay at 4pm with temps 22 31 and optimal grip. If anyone gets in and sees something different let us know here thanks.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    LuciuxNexx and Shawn Jacobs like this.