ACC Hotlap Challenge!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Nov 19, 2019.

1. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Oh yeah the funrun was Zolder
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Also a reminder to all that dynamic weather will most likely be used for the 2.4hr race. Qualifying isnt a huge deal in a race of this distance, race pace and running in traffic will be much more critical. The only server most used here is the hotlap static conditions one, dont complain if it comes to the race and its nothing like the hotlap server. We have many servers running races setup from short sprints to a longer race format with Enduro rules. ;)
    krunch, tezpez85, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Results Site Update
    Ok dudes the auto update of the Hot Lap table should now only update with Hot Lap results - not with any results - as it should be!
    tezpez85, marty, Pablo and 1 other person like this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thank you Neil and to all for the concerns. A class act you guys are :cool: Everything is fine up here and I have been away and on the road with the family. Typhoons are pretty common in the North and luckily I live in the South. The earthquakes have settled down the past couple of weeks so happy days.

I hope you your all doing well and enjoying your break.. I have some internet complications at the moment (back on the slow speed pre-paid) however I am looking forward to join you guys for a race after the 11th. :thumbsup::)
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

As its been a bit wet at some point in a few rounds, it may or may not rain next Monday. The hotlap server this week at Nürburgring will be in light rain. The conditions will be static so it will stay the same for the server but it should be a bit wet.
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Awesome - I have never actually tried to go fast in rain - my strategy when it rains is just survival. It worked last night but failed dismally at other races, so I'd appreciate a reason to try and find some pace in the wet.
    marty likes this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

With the wet hotlap its a pretty interesting greazy track, very wet off line but almost dry in some sections on the racing line. I experimented with a few settings but found it bard to make the race line much wetter without flooding the track. As is its most likely fastest on wets but worth giving the slicks a try as they should be fun even if not quickest.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here are the conditions to expect for this weeks hotlap challenge.
    krunch, nanlatt and Pablo like this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

This weeks hotlap conditions.
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

just listen to that thing!
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have also added a public version of the hotlap server, this is on Singapore server 07. Its not fully static but pretty close and temps should match closely to the static one. Lap times from both servers will be uploaded to the board to see if we get any others jump in with it as a public server.

There is a 1 minute practice session before the qualy on the open server as thats needed to get an otpimal track for the qualy session. The track will still likely build a bit of grip but shouldnt be massive amounts it shouldnt make it too much slower in that server.
  12. Balimaar

Balimaar Rookie

Is this sort of thing still happening? I'd like to compete and see where I measure up with everyone :)
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  13. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

We had managed to source a server build with locked environmental settings, but this was a few released back so not current any more... we're hoping this feature will be included in future releases for these types of cases.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

During the next season we will continue on with the hotlap challenge, the server will be "RaceOnOZ.com ROOZ 03 Season 2 ##### Static Hotlap server", It will always be set to the next Monday track. This is a good server to do some setup work and get to see what sort of pace people are at.
  15. Cooper

Cooper Rookie Gold Member

Hey Marty,
    i was about to unleash the power of the Honda onto Monza in the hotlap server, but i got the old "server full" message. is it my end or yours?

Matt
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For some reason its only you that has this issue, can you pm me your guid? I have no idea whats happening as your on the entry list, your guid is the same as what was auto generated from round 1. Its also the same as what you posted in the guid thread with your first post in the forum and as far as I can tell its the same as every other entry on the list. I will see if I can figure out whats happening as nobody else has had this issue with locked entry lists here that is on the list.
  17. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Check that Steam isn't logged into someone elses account (ie one of the kids). This happened to me a few times a while back before the penny dropped :)

If it's not that then I have no idea :unsure:
    marty likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

i'm trying pw = hotlap however it says it's wrong.. have i got it wrong?
  19. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

pw=season2
    Coanda likes this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Sorry this is a very old thread I just updated the first post now.
    Coanda likes this.