ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

911 is generally at least .5 down on the top tier cars and uses the most fuel :eek: but Paul Ricard it really struggled no matter what I tried setup wise. I suspect the Porsche may also have a bottom collision bug as in the wet race Wednesday night even raising ride height 20mm made no difference and it couldnt make that puddle second last turn with high pressure wets coasting. o_O The lambo even though it wasnt as wet running Slicks a bit low pressured and my dry ride height had no issues in the puddles, it did get a little loose but was easily controllable. Funny the Porsche at other tracks was pretty good in the wet and quite competitive other then the fuel useage.

After running the 911 a fair bit I was pleasantly surprised how stable the Lambo was. Its also up their for pace and not the thirstiest beast at full power. I never bothered with lower ecu modes which are needed in 911 and merc to get a decent legth stint.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Was certainly very annoying but a good learning experience to be driving with drizzle for 80min... then I get the it's stopped raining in the last 10 or so min mark... I think my wife might have thought I was losing it with a the "eff off rain when the hell are you going to stop?" comments I was making lol
    well done to all who made it... I think finishing (without technical glitches etc stopping you) is worth a celebration...
    Since the new tire model update I've fallen back in love with with the Merc... I'm still off pace with it, but the joy in driving it certainly makes up for it. :)
    Thnx again Marty for putting these on... shame we don't get more overseas ppl joining, but then is it because our start time is a bit early for some places... (possibly our SA is too high, but I wouldn't wanna drop it anyway)
    We really can't do much more to fix times and still have a reasonable finishing time...
    Can't wait for 1.0.8... we should get a shot in the arm again of interest for a bit... and with how thing are setup here I'm hoping they will all come over to ROOZ :D
    marty likes this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Time zone doesnt help us too much as our race start is 6.30am US east coast and even earlier for the west. Its also 10:30am GMT so morning in Europe on a weekday is not exactly their peak times.

Its surprising how low the user base is in our time zone as this includes the majority of the worlds population in Asia.

I really doubt an Asian blancpain DLC would have a huge impact on user base from the region but even US based wouldnt be that big. The main motorsports in US are oval racing with circuit racing quite a small niche.

So possibly Asia could actually get a bigger boost but I suspect ACC eventually will get 2020 Blancpain gt world series which is Asia, US, Europe sprints and enduro's including intercontinental cup.

Even in Australia it looks like Supercars may be dead in a year or 2 so thay means our main series can be either TCR or GT3. If not Japanese gt500 same as DTM will be which could be a better top class series.

With SA the tricky thing is if you want outsiders to be able to join you need it to be strict enough that they dont need a babysitter to look over them. Regulars on a whitelist have never been an issue but reducing SA is just asking for trouble.

Will try SA75 for Wednesday as going to SA80 had a significant drop from the Monday at Silverstone. But also 1 got in that was a muppet. So far no muppets at 80 and with current ratings I hover between 87 and 94 SA (depending on how much close racing I get contacts are always pretty low) so people at 80+ should be at a decent level.

I raced a bit in Euro servers a couple weeks ago and SA60 was considerably worse then SA85 which was very clean. Fairly easy to notice drop in driving standards under 80 also.

Its also quite easy to fill an SA80 server once 10 or more are in. Obviously SA60 will fill easier as there is a bigger pool of drivers but then you are also getting lower quality racing.

Will see how we go at 1.0.8 but I suspect 1.1 will be the more important update with the 2019 package.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Hey guys I tried to start up the race night server, but seems the ACC lobby is down atm. Possibly an update on the way but I will retry it again at 8pm aest and hope to get practice up then for the 60 minutes at Misano race tonight.

No stops required, 2x time scale and in game session times will be
    Practice 30 minutes, 10am
    Qualy 10 minutes, 1pm
    Race 60 minutes, 3pm
  5. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

bah, thought it was still 90min... nevermind, good luck all! :D
  6. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

1.0.8 has just released.... timing lol
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yea it just dropped and booted everyone, qualy will be 9pm AEST now
  8. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Huge changelog, possibly even longer than 1.0.7
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

10. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hope it was a good race gents - I had connection issues and could not get the patch downloaded in time which sucks!

How was the 60 minute format???
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The 60 minute race was pretty much like the first 60 minutes of a 90 minute race :D

Seemed to end a bit too quick though, I went the Audi but didnt quite get the hang of it in the damp practice and qualy. Felt ok at the start of the race but had some stability issues in the slow corners trying to keep up with @andyo450 :alien: who just had me by a tenth or so on my good laps and a fair bit more on my few bad ones.

Shame the patch dropped so late as had it came a couple hours earlier most would already have had the patch and likely a few more may have jumped in looking for a race. I see there is a bit more data in the replay's still max replay length is 60 minutes but its never quite a 60 minute replay in whatever way it seems to calculate its 60 minutes. The highlights feature is a little improved too.

Hopefully next Monday we can try a 60 minute sprint round if we can set pit windows otherwise it will be an enduro 90 minutes or 2 hours if people are keen for the longer ones again at Barcelona.

I will have a look around the changelog and give the admin handbook a read when thats updated to see what extra toys we have to play with as admins.
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Highlight of my race was a long battle with Cameron Beller. He chased my rear bumper for many laps, and passed when I ran a bit wide. Then I chased him back. But I always have trouble with the Audi in the latter stages. I always seem to lose the rear at some stage and spin. It can only be due to the fuel load lightening, but that test fuel gizmo in the setup shows hardly any difference in the aero balance whether the car is full or empty.

I also had a big spin in the last of the fast right handers, where I have spun plenty of times. It was under brakes - the rear just lightened and around I went. Maybe a stiffer front spring would help that, to stop the nose from diving? I had already reduced the front bump stop range.
  13. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Having barely driven the Audi in the past but having ran the Lambo last Wednesday I gave it a run. Setup wise I didnt do much heaps to it but did find in the longer run the rear end got quite sketchy. All you can do in race is play with brake bias and electronics.

Raising ABS made the issues worse so I ketp it pretty low around 2/3, TC I started at 2 but had to go up to 3 and brake bias I went forward in some sections but mostly just braking a bit earlier and in more control helped. Improving inputs and line was a big help and setup wise you can only tame these cars so much before they become too slow everywhere they were good when your trying to fix the 1 place they may be a bit tricky.

The 3rd right off the back straight is always tricky in the mid rear engine cars but after running the 911 quite a bit the audi is reasonably tame but can bite hard if you overdo it. I got to a point where I saw no matter what I did I couldnt gain more then a tenth on Andy as he seemed to have the Audi controlled a bit better. When we were close I could see he was having some issues in the same corners I was but he just managed it all better overall.

As I pushed too hard and overdrove I just lost time so that clearly wasnt the best approach but its fun having a car you really need to manage over a longer stint.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  15. cameron beller

cameron beller New Recruit

16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Results from the Monday 60 minutes at Barcelona

nanlatt and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Great race fellas, really enjoyed this one. Had fun trying to keep up!

Chris - sorry about the tap on the way past, actually full brain fade - very glad we both survived! My fault 10000%
    marty likes this.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Unfortunatly we didnt get to test the rules tonight due to some random UE crashes making it not worth ruining peoples race for this feature, I had hoped it was just the driver swaps with these issues but seems just enforcing rules also created instablility.

The next races will be at Brands hatch and we will go back to a single spec week giving the Honda GT3 a run.

Monday will be a 90 minute race, with the Wednesdays 2x 30 minute races.

Was a fun race, with the 2nd 5 minute qualy session due to a server restart it made the qualy interesting. I was on for a good lap but was catching one of the nissans, not his fault in the slightest and I wasnt really planning on making a pass but I had a run into the hairpin. Unfortunately making a pass in qualy isnt really going to help anyones pace but when you only really have 1 go at it putting any time in is fairly important as I was 6 tenths up on my first flying lap. Giving up about 5 tenths making the pass.

The race was looking tough starting 4th and behind @tezpez85 in the ferrari I kind of hoped it was a bit down on speed. The thing was amazing out of the last turn and I barely even had a run. Unfortunately his connection was a bit iffy too and it was getting very hard to even follow by mid race. He did let me past which was good of him and at that point I was about 8 seconds off the lead with 30 minutes or so left with rain in the forecast.

I built up a good sweat giving it all I had to try make up the time and just caught @andyo450 with about 5 minutes to go, luckily for me by then his rears were a bit shot and he didnt get a great run out of the last corner. I had to make the pass off line which was still a bit damp which made it very tricky. Somehow hung onto it and then tried to make up the last couple of seconds on @Captain Barracuda but I ran out of laps.
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  20. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I had a heap of fun last night too, despite a massive brain fade that saw me finish in 10th, 2 laps down.

The Audi was feeling very nice in both the dry and the wet and the little tweaks I'd been trying were working well. The way the rain came in slowly was cool giving me time to adjust to it. The slicks hung in pretty well and I was pushing hard to try to keep some temperature in them.

That's when I had the 'bright' idea of some careful weaving on the main straight to try to keep some temp - yeah that didn't really work as planned. Spinning into the wall might have heated a few spots on the tyres but that's not much use when they are all pointing in different directions (facepalm). So I crawled back to the pits with my steering wheel 90 degs LHD and practiced setting up a pit stop while traversing the lane (I need more practice). A couple of minutes later I was back out fanging around with cold slicks on the damp track and wondering why I'd been so worried about cold tyres :).

So the Audi is quick but I get the feeling the team is looking for a new driver.