ACC Monday Pre Season rules and driver swap test races

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Sep 17, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

With 1.0.8 we have new rule sets available in the server I would like to test out properly and ensure it all works easy and stable enough for a proper league season.

So the coming Monday will be a 60 minute Sprint format race in a passworded server at Barcelona, these extra rules arent available in a public server yet. There will be a long practice then at 8:30pm aest 2x 10 minutes qualifying 1 session per driver or solo drivers run both. Should be average time of both sessions setting the grid. The race will be run using a pit window with no fuel allowed during stops.

Ideally if most can team up for this race so we can also test driver swaps, I have never done one in ACC so will need to read up on it and put some info here once I find it. If anyone has info to share here it will be handy for all. A season proper will not have enforced teams or swaps for all but this can be used for people that dont want to run longer races and allow others to still go solo.

In this thread if any people interested in running next Monday's pre season test say so and if they can pair up and pick a car for the race so we can put up a server to test some things prior Monday. Password will be given on Discord on the night but a prior practice server will be "rooztest"

Anyone wanting to join the race as a team will need to say so by Sunday 6pm as manually adjusting entry lists is still a PITA and I wont be making teams up just prior to the race on Monday. People not entered in teams can still run Monday with the password, the more people that can team up it will be a more valuable test.

Also any guys keen on racing a season here if they can be available it will help with larger numbers to get more feedback post race and see if any big issues come up.

Some info on driver swaps from admin handbook,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Current team entries for Monday test races at Barcelona. Cars can be selected on the day, first person in the car can select the car they want. Other will automatically get put into the special spectator mode as a team mate.

1. @krunch (Matt Frost) + Neil Faichney
    2. @nanlatt + @marty
    3. @Wally + @Godzilla
    4. @SteveDrivingSlowly + @andyo450
    5. @Flamebadger + @Captain Barracuda
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Im thinking now maybe as a test and to keep people more involved we can do this as 2x30 minute races with a pit window in the middle. Giving 2 chances for all to test the pit window and driver swaps for those teamed up.

Qualifying will still be 2x10 minutes and in Blancpain this means driver in q1 starts r1 and q2 driver start r2. I assume we can do the same in ACC but I havent looked too deeply into how things are done yet other then the server options we have.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Sounds great mate. Should also be interesting to see what data appears in the json results files as there are key/value pairs for teams, multiple drivers in one team and so on.

I have a big event at work over the next two weeks so not sure if I will make any of the races - but will be looking out for the reports!
  4. Wally

Wally Team Driver

We should team up fast guys with the not so fast guys, going off of past results. Like top guys with bottom guys, and then moving towards the middle. Should give closer team results.
    krunch and marty like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Good idea, we just need a list of all those interested in running the race to put thier names up. Keeping the guys generally in the top 6 from joining up will make for some more interesting races.

Races will be 2x30 minutes with a 5 minute pit window in the middle, this will mean nobody has to sit out and spectate for too long for this test race.

If we dont know who will race before hand then we cant make teams and the guys wont be able to pick a car. For example I dont care which car I run and will just leave that to who ever I end up paired with.
  6. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Sounds cool :). Cooper (Matt Frost) and I (Neil Faichney) will team up. We've both been driving the Audi so it'll work out well if we stick with that.
    marty likes this.
  7. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Sounds good. I'm in. Would be like a Pro/Am event.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

Im in too!
    marty likes this.
  9. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Yeah, I'm in.
    marty likes this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks for the guys entering I will make up teams as we get some more entries, if any guys actually have a team and aren't 2 regular top 6 guys then they can pair up and choose a car.

However prize money will be 50% less then the usual rounds so if in the end we get 1 or 2 too stronger teams due to entries it shouldn't matter too much. :D

If anyone is keen for some quick rough testing tonight @Rolz and me will be on discord and do some basic testing of rules in a private server. I will be going on discord now
    krunch likes this.
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Im in, also will be online in about 10 min...
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

I reckon I’m only a 50/50 shot for tomorrow and possibly Monday too (work :):):):)) so not sure if team would be good for me (don’t want to let anyone down if I can’t make it) apologies as this sounds really fun!
  13. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Yeah this sounds great, but as may have been evident with me not being around for a few weeks, I'm struggling to make it to Monday or midweek nights at the minute. Really keen to see how this all turns out though!
  14. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Sounds awesome. I'm in.
  15. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I'll have a crack
  16. cameron beller

cameron beller New Recruit

Shattered i cant make next Monday. Would definitely be on if we do this team setup again.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We did have some basic testing tonight with @Rolz @Godzilla @Captain Barracuda and its a cool feature the driver swaps but still fairly buggy and not league ready. Will see how this develops through the week with patches but if swaps arent quite ready then we will just do Monday in a sprint format round with pit window all single car teams.

I will put up a private test server for now with just a 20 minute sprint format, compulsory tyre change but no fuel allowed to be added. Later once I get some teems together I will put a server up people can test driver swaps in but this will be later in the week.

Server name is "RaceOnOZ.com 02 AUSTRALIA Pit Window TESTING [must change tyres in window] P10 Q5 R20 Q5 R20 PASSWORD SERVER"

password "rooztest"

Pit window 5 minutes mid race of a 20 minute race, must change tyres refuelling not allowed.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Godzilla and nanlatt like this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

If there are updates that make it more stable by Sunday then we will run a private test for stability with anyone that may be around then. If still crashing then no point wasting a Monday on a buggy race and we will hold off driver swap tests till later. But we can test the rules on Monday for a sprint round, then maybe an enduro the week after and see if we are ready for a league season with rules only but single team entries only.

Still anyone keen on a driver swap test race please post here and I will add it to the list, if they get stable enough I will make teams to run Monday if not it will just be the sprint rules test instead.

Wednesday will keep server public, netcode actually looked better in some races we had there tonight and numbers may be boosted after 1.0.8 so its also more likely for people to get others to race in our servers as we get a spike in user base. If people use these servers then its more likely to get some visibility for others to possibly join the league or in the open fun runs.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

This server will be passworded on the night with a rules test only for Pit Window in a 60 minute sprint race at Barcelona. The driver swaps arent likely to work any better by Monday and we will try again when v1.1 comes out with the 2019 update.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  20. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Just to clarify no driver changes, just single driver?