GT-Sport (WET Event) [24/8] 3 Heures du Mans

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Aug 5, 2019.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yes
  2. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
  3. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17 Rookie

Quali results??
  4. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    No, we don't do that around here.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    LMP1:
    Pole: Bluexephos 3:16.143
    2nd: StigsTC 3:16.533
    3rd: StormPacer 3:17.358
    4th: NoirAntares 3:18.158
    5th: David 3:19.141
    6th: Jono 3:19.590
    7th: Bananajosh 3:21.718

LMGT:
    8th: Viperzed 3:54.073
    9th: Xlxy90 3:54.490
    10th: Tyson 3:54.621
    11th: Keeden 3:54.764
    12th: Risky 3:54.827
    13th: Norm 3:54.959
    14th: Nemo9n 3:56.798

Congrats @bluexephos22!
    Which side of the grid do you want to start from?
    X3rx3s44 and StigsTC like this.
  6. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Shoot!! I’m last in LMP1-H
  7. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    left
    StigsTC likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Driver’s Briefing: 3 Heures du Mans
    Please read the following and ‘like’ once you have read and understood it.

Race: 15:00 Suny
    One Lap Test Race: 19:20 AEST
    Start Time: 19:30 AEST
    Racing Softs
    Tyre/Fuel Depletion: X1

RACE START PROCEDURE:
    The room host will set the grid based on the qualifying order. At approximately 19:20 the host must start a 1 lap test to ensure everyone can move off the grid with no issue. This can be done by changing the race type to Practice/Race.

Prior to the race start, the host must double check the Power and Weight of each car matches those listed in the OP.
    The race will start in a side by side formation as per previous endurance events. The pole sitter will set the pace but the 1st lap must not take longer than 6 Minutes. Your speed must not exceed 140km/h during the formation lap. The pole sitter after rounding the final corner can choose when to hit the gas to start the race as long as it is before the start finish line. The race will go green at the start finish line regardless of the pole sitter’s actions.
    If you are silly enough to spin on the formation lap, you are allowed to regain your place, but tough luck if the race starts before you can do so...

3 Strikes Rule
    In order to combat the issues in the last event, anyone who freezes on the grid will be given 2 more chances to get going via rejoining and resetting. If it takes more than 3 attempts, you will be excluded from the race however you will pick up a point for 16th place.

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you risk being penalised post race by the Stewards Group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST give the place back at the next available opportunity.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race. This is a very long race, so there should be no divebombs or ridiculous moves so early on. Heavy damage is on, so you will suffer the consequences if you are stupid.

NUMBER BOARDS: It is a requirement that you place dedicated number boards (found in the OP) on your car in an easy to spot fashion. These are colour coded to clearly indicate entrant level, while the bottom square has been left white so you can edit it as you wish. Please ensure the number itself is clear to see. These boards are mandatory and failure to have them displayed on the car clearly will result in a Non Classification. Discretion may be applied under certain circumstances.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning. For Maggiore, you are permitted to cut the dotted lines, but you must not cut the solid lines.

BLUE FLAGS: Blue flag rules will apply as per usual, however GTLM drivers are under zero obligation to move over and let LMP1-H runners past. It is up to the LMP1-H driver to make a clean pass without making contact.

HEALTH: Please empty your bladder before the race. We have a big enough break before the race to do so, we’ve all heard the degenerate stories of people pissing in bottles to continue playing, I really hope that doesn’t happen here! On the flipside, keep hydrated during the race with a bottle of water or energy drink, etc.

If you have any questions, check the driver’s briefing, check the OP, then if that does not answer your questions, ask me here!
  9. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    God damn it the power went out
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  11. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Wow that was fun! Started off Pole and my quest for fuel saving begun smoothly dropping into @xlxy90 slipstream and letting the cars ahead do the hard work as I fell behind @KeedenMcdonald and @CaptainRisky21. Everything unravelled when I made a poor judgement letting @StigsTC go at Arnage and fell off the slipstream of the top 3 slipping behind @Noremac as well. My fuel saving allowed me to have a shorter stop which put me ahead of Norm and pushed me towards @X3rx3s44 and Risky after Keedens TGT meltdown. Risky had his own incident out of the Mulsanne corner which meant I was back in P2 saving like crazy. I was able to push my middle stint a few laps later than I expected and came out on fresh tires and a slightly over filled tank meaning I could push to the end. I crept up towards XL nailing a switch back through Indy to take the lead back before a few laps later XL attempted a move around the outside of Indy leaving him in the marbles and in the wall, ending what was a fantastic battle and what should've been an Aston 1-2. Congrats to @bluexephos22 on a dominant display as well as Norm and XL/Sam on brilliant drives. Disappointed that GTLM has come to an end for the season but glad we're going back to Japan
  12. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Came into this knowing full well that the vette would struggle to make the hour, and that i was slower on the straights. Somehow got a better run off the launch then both @KeedenMcdonald and @Toranafan-02 and we went 3 wide into t1, with Tyson unfortunately ending his race in the first 10 seconds. I sat behind @Viperzed and @xlxy90/@X3rx3s44, saving as much fuel as i could. Felt really comfortable and glad that I could keep pace with the clearly much faster Aston. Pitted and nailed my outlap to be just behind Sam as he exited the pits, and had the pace over him as he got to grips with the car. Until it all unravelled. Hit the curb out of Mulsanne at a slightly off angle and clouted the wall, resulting in a pit stop. 20 minutes later and i'm grazing the outside wall at the end of sector 1, resulting in full rear damage. Put together a decent last stint to come home 4th.

Congrats to @bluexephos22 on the overall, and to the whole LMP1-H group for a much more stress free race in regards to getting lapped. Well done as well to Viper on the GTLM win, and to everyone who stuck the whole event out. This place isn't very fun to hotlap on your own so well done. Onto Suzuka, so pumped.
    Viperzed, StigsTC, X3rx3s44 and 2 others like this.
  13. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Good race. Fun battling over fastest lap at times. Congrats to @Viperzed on the GTLM win!

Here's the pole lap:
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    [​IMG]

Very dull race for me, it all went to crap at the start when Noir’s car came across mine at the start and gave us both damage. I felt no contact on my end but we still recoiled. It was immediate that I wasn’t going to claw anything back in the race from qualifying so it was an incredibly tedious race from start to finish. 2.5 seconds a lap slower I mean come on lol.

At least the GTLM battle looked close, it was fascinating to see how the gaps ebbed and flowed each time the blue flags came out. Well done to @bluexephos22 and @Viperzed for their victories.

Keen for Suzuka in some excellent Super GT machinery.
    Viperzed, StigsTC and bluexephos22 like this.
  15. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    GTLM race was good fun. Lap 39 happened, binned it in to the wall with an awkward move battling Viper. Ruined Sam's good work after he kept it clean for an hour and left me in a good position to take back over. Felt like an idiot throwing away at least an Aston 1-2.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    X3rx3s44 likes this.
  16. X3rx3s44

X3rx3s44 Rookie

PSN ID
    X3rx3s44
    All good, :):):):) happens mate. Unfortunately that's motorsport.

Congrats to @Viperzed on the GTLM win and @bluexephos22 on the Overall victory.

Looking forward to getting back into SuperGT cars @ Suzuka.
    Viperzed and bluexephos22 like this.
  17. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I’m gonna retired the world endurance tour because I’m tired of this it just make me want to go to sleep
  18. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    World endurance tour the bed to bed??
    Zachery and LE_bananajosh like this.