PCARS-2 The GT3 1000km Endurance Series (COMPLETED)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by v8power383, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Blue XR8

Blue XR8 Rookie Gold Member

My team mate is ikilledskippy72
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    George likes this.
  2. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yeah I'm good to go
    t_b_williams likes this.
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Awesome looking good so far
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    I'll be on tonight doing practice hope to see you all there
  5. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Well done guys what a race we had some awesome battles along the way and the final battle with @nigegunz for the lead was one of the best ive had
    I would like to also thank everyone for showing up and racing right to the very end well done and thanks to @familiagtr for putting in a long solid stint top job mate and of course congratulations to @nigegunz on the win and @TheJuzzy for taking 3rd place massive effort doing it solo mate well done ill get the results tables done today and the next race is at the mighty Bathurst so until then I'll leave you with this video of the final laps fighting for the lead
    George, nigegunz and TheJuzzy like this.
  6. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

first off, big thanks to all you guys for postponing the race after the dramas last time, Le Mans is a special track/event for me so I was fookn delighted to be able to race y'day & race we did! it felt like I was racing all you guys, my team mate & myself after all the spins, half spins & unscheduled pitstops. it truly was a sinkin feeling when we went down a lap, from pole to P no-where in no time at all!
    congrats to @v8power383 & @familiagtr, you boys had a great race, those last laps really were sensational
    massive effort from @TheJuzzy, @t_b_williams & @Blue XR8 for going it solo & congrats to all involved, I hope you all had as much of a rollercoaster ride as we did!
    see y'all at Bathurst
    Telum, George, TheJuzzy and 1 other person like this.
  7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    What do they say??? That’s racing?
    Start was a ripper, got @nigegunz off the line as did @v8power383. Then down the mulsane we grabbed the lead

Pulled a bit of a gap and was comfortable for a while and my co driver managed to come over. Then I had my first lose. Back to second and hunt down V8. Then we had the first restart. Change of strategy and try to keep pace with nige. Impossible. After the stops we were pulling in nige ( driver swap we thinks). And we were looking likely for a podium after Jason had his go at spinning.
    The last restart is where it all started going wrong for us. Were pretty strong all night but four cars into the second mulsane chicane was always going to end with someone in tears. It was us. Thankfully nige redressed the contact, cheers buddy. Where it went really wrong was a pass on pusher. We had the pass done into Indianapolis, but the Bentley obviously was more stable through the fast kink and as we washed of speed he tagged the rear and put us in the wall. Damage wasn’t too bad and with only another two more laps to get to our pit window we soldiered on. Then I got back in and had to choice but all in to try and get a result. Pace was good slowly gaining ground, but when your pushing at ten tenths lap after lap something was bound to give. And it did. Damage was bearable and I pushed on just hoping not to lose another spot. We were looking like getting this done until the damaged car finally let go. Up to 25 damage on the front and 4 on the engine. Slowly got reeled in by pusher and back to sixth we went.

All up it was actually a great race. All in all most were pretty even on pace ( apart from nige-:):):):) me that caddy was quick there) and it could have been anyone’s race really.

Onto Bathurst where I’m thinking we will need to do some big setup work to get the bull stable over the top of the mountain.
  8. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

6 engine damage..... that explains it
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  9. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah 6-7 engine damage by the end of each stint with auto clutch on and engine oil temp at 100° and water temp at 92° so I'm thinking it was just the high revs for so long down the straghts
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  10. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

yup, engine braking settings plays a part in that too, I run the Cadi at it's lowest (highest) & had 3 after each stint
    TheJuzzy and v8power383 like this.
  11. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Great work all, spewing i missed it (bloody work sux). Watched last few laps with nige and v8, great stuff guys, congrats to all. Ill be there for sure for bathurst, will take the day off if i have to. Can't let you guys have all the fun
    TheJuzzy, v8power383 and nigegunz like this.
  12. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    O.P. UPDATED
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    TheJuzzy and George like this.
  13. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Didn't teamguns finish 5th @ Spa
  14. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

negative commander, I clearly remember being pissed my co conspirators couldnt hold on for a podium

coming from behind for the series win will be so much sweeter for whoever pulls it off, said co conspirators have zero experience at Bathurst & that means we'll be doing well to make the chequered flag

still lookn fwd to it heaps tho!
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  15. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Hey v8, is 1700 right time for Bathurst start time?
    TheJuzzy and v8power383 like this.
  16. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    If we keep the top 10 shootout then yes but if everyone shows up as early as possible we can start qualifying earlier and I was going to look at how long it will take to get qualifying done
    TheJuzzy and George like this.
  17. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    What about the time of the on the game , is it 11am like the 1000 ?
  18. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    We could do that
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  19. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    What dates in November are people NOT available for
    TheJuzzy likes this.