GT Sport Season 6 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 24, 2019.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Touche!
  2. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    A few if you have cankles
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  3. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    all of them
    Noxrai likes this.
  4. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

:alien::alien::alien::alien:
    Noxrai likes this.
  5. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    @T F Eccles If you can set one of your Buttons on your wheel for your brake and keep practicing all week to get a good result.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  6. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Thanks @Easyprey007 it has occurred to me that I could practice with the DS4 too!
  7. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Scratch that, I tried it. First corner, hairpin (Druids?) Ok, but after that it all went to custard. Kudos to those race and race will with the controller.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    It takes a lot more than 3 corners to get used to DS4. I imagine the same applies switching from DS4 to wheel. Have you tried the motion control for steering inputs? That's what I use and find it to be better than using the left stick
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  9. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yes I know, DS4 was the thing before I got my wheel last year. I did try the motion control at one stage, kind worked but needed time to adjust sensitivities etc.
    On a positive note my ankle is responding well to treatment and given I left foot brake, should be good to go.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  10. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    no I put on SS at my 1st stop and everything was going great until I realised I didn't have enough fuel to finish the race (first time this has happened this season), so had to go in and take 2 more laps of fuel. I tried fuel saving but still didnt have enough, so that's why the gap grew so quickly. that really stuffed up my race else 3rd was highly possible.
    Tristan Jones and Easyprey007 like this.
  11. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Gr8 stuff
  12. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, the 5 second penalty I copped for accidentally ending up in pit lane has really ruined my chances of winning the Championship. Hahaha.

Mentioned it on the PS chat, but haven’t had a chance to say it on here as of yet, but thanks again for waiting around whilst my update dragged on. It was much appreciated. Can’t say too much more about the race. It was pretty bog average on my end. Lap 1 was the first time I’d driven the track, so I was learning it as I went. Was pretty disheartened to see my best lap was way off the pace, but then I also clicked that in my accidental pit stop, I panicked and didn’t get off the hard tyres. Not sure how much time a softer tyre might have saved me, but I’ll just happily assume I would’ve been setting fastest laps if I had of been on a softer option.... hahahaha.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    HUGE thanks to PAGNIAN for providing the prize of a new GTtrack Playstation edition valued at over $1000 !
    Remember you must race and complete 4 of the 7 rounds to be eligible for the PAGNIAN prize draw at seasons end.
    All information is here:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/x-platform-prize-draw-for-2019-1.3526/

ROUND 7 :
    Brands Hatch GP - 30 laps - 20:30 Sunny - 24/3
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive this car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : You must start on the Racing Hard Tyre. After that, one other set, of other compound tyres is allowed. (no limit on the amount of RH tyres). If you run out of fuel/tyres even after making a pitstop, you can pit a second time, however if you have already used a different set of racing tyres other than Hard, then you would need to change back onto the Hards.

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. Be careful on entry not to get stuck hitting the wall on entry.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching into T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  14. Macca87AUS

Macca87AUS New Recruit

PSN ID
    macca87aus
    Sorry guys im out tonight
  15. Jurassic Mark

Jurassic Mark Team Driver

PSN ID
    themarkomac
    Well, that’s season over.

Tonight was a bit of a shocker. Did the Daniel Ricciardo and found myself on the grass/sand off the start and spun. Had a fun little back and forth battle with Rae for a while and then just tried to stay out of the way with blue flags. There must be something about my driving style that just likes the tyres. Pitted on lap 2, threw the softs on, and there was seemingly no wear on them by the end of the race. Guess that’s how slow I am hahaha.
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race 7 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield likes this.
  17. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well, another race down. Last one of the season as well.
    With the Championship in the balance, @VARDZ leading by 8 points, I needed to ensure that I beat him. Drop round of 13 for Vardz and Zero for me meant I would win by 5, so either of us had to beat each other. However come race time, no Vardz..:cry::(
    This meant the drop round for Vardz is now 0, meaning I needed 9 points to ensure my first Championship win.
    Qual
    Knew that I needed to Qual well as overtaking here is tough. You will end up overtaking accidents more than racing overtakes. I got top spot on lap 3 or 4, but @COME_AND_GET_ME7 put in a blinding lap to get within 0.001 on lap 6. You could cut the air with a knife!!
    I managed a great lap to put a bit of a better margin between us, but well done @COME_AND_GET_ME7 on almost getting pole.
    Race
    After the last few weeks of horrible starts, I tried something a little different and it seemed to work OK. I didn't get swamped or overtaken on the starting straight so yay!!
    But it didn't last long, with a minor error on that horrible last set of corners, running wide a smidge, letting CAGM slotting into first.
    @Dazza83 pitted on Lap 1, as per a possible tyre strategy discussed within the team, but I knew how dead 30 lap RS or RSS tryes would be.
    I managed to sneak past an accident done by CAGM a lap later and then started to slot my 1.28 RH times down. With traffic I was able to maintain a healthy gap until I put on 10.
    @Dazza83 and @Tristan Jones got past while I was in pits and 2 corners later I passed Jonesy!!
    Now the hunt to Dazza began. He had a 10s lead, but I knew on the fresh RSS and lighter fuel load that I could reel him in.
    10 laps later, I was within 4s, 3 laps later I was within 1s but a minor error on the same damn set of corners, increased this gap to 5s. Drove hard to narrow it back down to 2s.

Kudos to @Dazza83 for his podium
    Congrats to @COME_AND_GET_ME7 on your 3rd place.

With the 2nd place finish, earning 22 points, I should now have taken my first Division championship. @VARDZ it was a pleasure to race with you and look forward to doing it again in the seasons to come.

Thank you all who have turned up to race this season.

I'm now going to take a well earnt break until next MnG.
    See you next season!!
    aranteamo, Hatfield, fezza and 7 others like this.
  18. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Congrats!!
    Matthyus likes this.
  19. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Uninspiring end to a fun season. Didn't get a great start and then thought I had issues with my wheel, pulled off to either fix or drop out but turned out to be a brain fart...I was pressing the wrong button combo! Work my way from last of 8 to 6th and stayed there. Were it not for a self-induce spin at turn 4 would have finished on the lead lap.

Congrats to the podium and to @Matthyus for the championship. Till next time.
  20. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Well done, congratulation$
    Noxrai and Matthyus like this.