Season 17: No Halo's Here!!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Will check when I get home, I’ve locked it and might have stuffed something.
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  2. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

All good Rolz. Got it sorted.
  3. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Alrighty, had a quick blast in the Fezza, seems fun. I'll go with that.
    Rolz likes this.
  4. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Yep, Ferrari for me too
    Rolz likes this.
  5. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

KoAStR, jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  6. cameron beller

cameron beller New Recruit

7. Rolz

8. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I'll go Lotus. Thinking I've told you that already.
  9. cameron beller

cameron beller New Recruit

76561197960963314 yep that's what I have.
  10. Rolz

updated, when I restart race distance server u'll see change... but a few ppl on right now
  11. Rolz

Hi all, hopefully prior to official practice everyone has jumped onto Server 03 to confirm they can get onto server and are in the right car for tonight.
    Cyas then! :)
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have made a skin for TGM in the Lotus, will see if I can also make one for the Ferrari now.
    [​IMG]
    andyo450, tezpez85 and jlynn777 like this.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seeing we only really have @tezpez85 with a skin, then I will wait til next round to make the TGM skins and also a skin pack. If anyone is keen to make skins for other teams let me know and try to get them done by Saturday night so I can add them to the pack by Sunday for all to download before the round.

I am not even sure what cars everyone has selected as yet and there will likely be a few that haven't picked one yet so I will see what everyone starts round 1 in before making the pack.
    krunch, tezpez85 and Rolz like this.
  14. Rolz

15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Wd to @andyo450 @Godzilla and @jlynn777 for the podium.

For me it was a night to forget, seemed to struggle all night lol and was cooking in qualy so had to bring in an extra fan to cool down during the race. Never quite got a lap in qualy overdriving most laps on the lower grip levels, I was quite lucky to get a front row start and on the inside.

Start I bogged it down off the line so the inside didn't help, Andy and Godzilla had some solid pace and early on I managed to rub an inside wall getting front aero damage. It wasn't terrible but was a bit more understeery, the second half of the first stint though the little bit more push wasn't too bad. I then killed my rears pretty much trying to hunt down Godzilla so decided to pit a little earlier for the undercut.

I saw Andy was matching my pace on fresh hards with his worn softs so no way I was making up the 6 seconds to him, I saw Godzilla was getting a little closer so it would be interesting when he exited the pits. I saw him exit and warm tyres vs cold was a pretty big advantage, my first pass I thought I dive bombed a bit much and maybe ran him off the road even though there wasn't contact so I let him past again. Then the 3rd last corner he defended inside giving me a better run on the outside and being inside into the 2nd last turn where he ran it a bit wide.

I made the spot but my gearbox was already close to murdered with about 10 laps to go, Into t1 I had a massive brain fade watching my brake marker pass by still full throttle. I braked 50m late was never going to make it, missed the gear for good measure and nailed the wall hard on exit. Gearbox nearly dead but red front rear and side aero the car was mostly undriveable so I let most people past hoping to pit get repairs and set fastest lap at least. I pitted but changed my profile from hard to soft forgetting to reset the repair icons and so came out with a broken car. Half way around that lap the gearbox died and I tried to roll it back to pits.

Had to escape back to pits and had over a 3 minute time penalty plus a lost lap, I came out with time for 2 laps and managed to just sneak in a messy lap to get fastes lap for 1 lousy bonus point. :p

Server has been reset with Vallelunga classic for the next round, I will do a full server reset at some point tomorrow as its getting rather bloated atm and nearly out of HD space. Hopefully this will only be down for a few minutes and shouldn't be in the regular practice times.
    krunch, Rolz, andyo450 and 2 others like this.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

That was a great race for me, most consistent as a bonus :) Managed to set a decent lap fairly early in quali which was good enough for p2, last flying lap attempt was up a good amount and in the ballpark for pole but a bit too much enthusiasm on the throttle put an end to that. Wasn’t too upset as pole wasn’t great here putting you on the outside for t1.

Managed to keep decent pace for the first half of the first stint with some hope of challenging @andyo450 at some point maybe, had a bit of a brain fade moment though and missed a braking market, just managed to keep it on track but lost about 2 seconds to andy taking that gap to 5 ish seconds and letting @marty close in.

Stopped a lap later then marty and was lucky to come out ahead, that undercut worked well it seemed. Cold tyres weren’t great and defending was hard, car just didn’t give the feedback I got use to on the soft tyres. Marty challenged and got through, hard but fair, no contact, I was heartbroken, and got the tyres dirty as well as losing speed trying to hang around the outside for the second last corners. Fourtunatly for me marty missed the braking in to t1 and I was back in p2, bad luck there and a shame for the team points, should be a good season though.

Well done @andyo450 on the win, hoping to put up a decent challenge this season :) and also @jlynn777 on the podium spot. Will be away from Friday morning until Sunday night so practice will be limited for the next race, would be nice to carry the momentum though.
    krunch, jlynn777, Rolz and 2 others like this.
  17. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Yeah nice work @andyo450 and @Godzilla.
    That was such an unexpected result for me. Managed to find some last minute pace after observing Andy and @marty in practice and unbelievably was less than a second off pole in qualifying - so thanks guys!
    As for the race I was pretty nervous as every time I’d tried to race someone during the week I’d gone off by the 3rd lap.
    So I just tried to focus on staying on track, which worked out really well.
    Marty seemed to be looking uncomfortable at the start so it was cool to be able to stay with him but he inevitably pulled his finger out and I was left to try fend off @Parkour and @Rolz .
    Everyone behind me seemed to be quicker but whenever they got close they'd make a mistake. Which was good for me and it was scary as the Ferrari seemed to pick up the tow very well.
    It was pretty intense at the end when Rolz and @terry were closing in quick, terry was going purple so thankfully he just ran out of laps.
    I feel a bit like Steven Bradbury as I lucked into it but I think that's my first podium in a normal round :)
    I had a horrific in-lap but for once everything went well!
    Think I'm going to really enjoy this season. It's great having 2 car options with both being so engaging and bitey...bet I won't be saying that next week when I'm in the fence!
    Thanks for the racing all :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    krunch, Rolz, Godzilla and 1 other person like this.
  18. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Haha give yourself some credit. Doesnt sound like you lucked into it at all @jlynn777. Well done.

I put together a nice lap i qually for pole. Didnt have much more left. Pretty cool to see the top 6 in qually separated by .35.

I wasnt really sure how starting on the outside was gonna go for me but i got a sweet start so it didnt matter too much. @Godzilla was really hard to drop. He was hangin around 1-2secs back for a few laps. He made a small mistake so i was able to get it out to ~ 5 secs. It was still 5secs when i pitted. After the pitstops it grew out.

I was pretty happy to come away with the win here. I really struggled with braking particularly at turn in. I had decent one lap pace but didnt feel confident over a long run. Eventually after a heap of laps and some setup changes i got something i was comfortable with. I dont think i made a mistake all race so that was pretty satisfying.

Looking forward to Vallelunga. Should be a fun challenge in the beasts.
    Rolz, Godzilla, marty and 1 other person like this.
  19. Rolz

WD @andyo450 on the win and @Godzilla and @jlynn777 for the podiums!

Pretty happy with where I finished up, just didn't have the same pace as the top guys here! Rookie mistake where I didn't top up enough fuel so had to back off with 2 laps to go and just hope I wasn't going to loose to many positions.
    Godzilla likes this.
  20. ed40t

ed40t Rookie

I've been busy but if it's not too late I'd like to join up for most of the races please.
    jlynn777, Godzilla and c4rLo5 like this.