Division 2 Season 9

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by aussie_man21, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

Ok, just for the record I started on hards, pitted lap 20 for softs and pitted again lap 28 for fuel and put hards back on. 2 stops - disqualified... And that's cool. It's a shame though as we never had to worry about refuelling previously so it caught most of us out.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK,

Have had a chat to a few of the guys after the race and although the tire and fuel burn models have changed mid season i cant see any other option than to let the results stand, people who have pitted twice will be DSQ'd. That also means that a DSQ cant be used as your "drop your worst round". Unfortunate, but rules are rules and we live and learn.

That means 0 points for those people, and points for those who managed to do the right thing and get through on one stop and both tires.

Now before you flame me for this decision can you please remember a few things.

1. The rules of the league MUST come before the race results. Changing them because a lot of us screwed up does nothing for the integrity of the league or forum. I dont like the idea of spending 3 days looking at a protest, trying to do the right thing by the league and you, the racers, only to have that diluted by ignoring the rules next race after we all stuff up on our calculations.

In reality the fuel burn change caught a lot of us out, and while I would love to blame the game for ME stuffing up, the reality is i knew it was 4 ltrs per lap, but it didnt click that i wouldnt get to the end. That isn't the games fault.

2. I would ask that you give Aussie and Myself a little slack. We have both worked our arses off to get this off the ground, managed to get us to 4 divisions, and have generally done a heap of hours. We certainly didn't predict that there would be 2 HUGE changes in the space of a month to screw things over, so please cut us a little slack.

I think in div 1 it doesnt have a huge effect, div 2 will give the champ to Nuggett (or very close to it), not sure about div 3 or 4.

So captains, can you please put up the results with the drivers that finished within the rules as your top placed finishers, those that pitted twice, or didnt run the right tires will be dsq. Can you help out by letting the captains know if you should be dsq.

Stu.

My race report.......

Spent 25 mins trying to get into the room, finally got in after much swearing, and toy throwing...... did 2 prac laps and tried to help barra who was having issues trying to get in too.

Qual i managed to throw it on the front row, along side natman......race start and followed nat round for the first lap, he had a slight sand excursion coming onto the front straight and i was able to get passed. We raced close tilll lap 3 where he had a HUGE wobbly at the left hander after the corkscrew and gave me some breathing space over Nuggett. I managed to keep the gap to about 2 secs till we pitted on lap 15, and thats where it all went pear shaped for me.

I left the pits with a 12 sec lead and hadn't realized i needed to throw more fuel in, obviously why nuggett lost ground while his fuel man earnt his pay !

It wasnt till 12 to go that it dawned on me i would be DSQd, so with the gap out to 16.5 sec i kept goint till fuel ran out, and also realized others had the same brain fart as me.

When i ran out i parked it, then made my way back to the pits to stay out of the way not sure who had done the right thing, not wanting to get in anyones way.

Anyway, live and learn, see you at Le Sarthe if the network lets me !!
  3. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Damn, wish I had have been able to get in. I had actually done a couple of hours practice, knew I needed fuel and may have even scored a few points. FML
  4. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

I agree that those that did the right thing should be rewarded, and those that didn't should be dsq, however some of us are flat out making the Sunday race, let alone practicing and reading the forums regarding rule changes mid season and the effect it may have on fuel burn etc.
    I DO appreciate the work put in to run and maintain the comp, but changes mid season should be avoided WHERE possible.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Agree 100% never, and it hasnt happened in the 3 or 4 comps i set up before this one. They all ran fine with no issues

In my defence, we have had 2 huge unforeseen model changes which has thrown a spanner in the works big time.

The regs wont be changing for the remaining races, we ALL know we need to fuel up now !

Remember the enduro rules are 1 stint on the softs only, run the rest of the race on hards.

Stu
  6. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Yeah, the update a week before the season started was bad enough, but to spring another on you after it started was a bit mean. I guess you have earned your mod wages this month. You do get paid well, right?
  7. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Unfortuntely not, I hope everyone bears in mind what Anon mentioned in another thread, this is PD'S doing and the mods cant make everything perfect with PD'S constant changes.

Anyway, not having a go at anyone with this post but as long as its kept in mind.
  8. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    100% of my anger is directed at PD. Stu, Aussie and anyone else involved have done a great job under the circumstances. I would have liked to have helped out more, except for moving house and losing internet for a couple of weeks.
  9. NUGGET-22

NUGGET-22 Rookie

PSN ID
    xX---BURGO---Xx
    well that was interesting lol

after the new tyre model i was almost 2 seconds off my pb that i had done the week before. did a 1.20.9xx and was lucky it put me at the pointy end.
    Nice Lap Nat too quick!

just tucked in behind Nat and Stu at the start. happy to watch the battle for the time being. Natman had a lose coming into the the last right hander so it was just me and Stu. Stu was running a very quick pace, i was comfortably maintaining the 2 second gap and keeping Stu in my sights but with my championship contender back in the pack i wasnt prepared to push that hard to catch Stu.

we both pitted lap 15 and threw on the hards and a 1/4 tank of fuel for me. i knew straight away that Stu didnt put fuel in as he passed me in pit lane just as i got my tyres on. for the next couple of laps i was thinking i dont think Stu can make it to the end lol. sure enough from being 16 sec behind i see Stu parked in the sand.

ended up about minute and half in front and couldnt believe how many ppl run out of fuel!!!!! i knew myself from running out of fuel in the G37 seasons back that there is no auto fill. in the end, my fuel gauge went red as i entered the last corner on the last lap.

unlucky guys
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK, results will stand as previously mentioned, but just a slight tweak of the rules for the remaining normal rounds.

you MAY now pit more than once, but you may only run 1 stint on the soft tire. This way if you do happen to mess up your fuel fill, you wont be DSQd if you pit again, and you also wont be able to gain advantage by having another stint on a FRESH soft tire. (raised by cyber and it does make sense)

So to clarify.....the regs for the REMAINING rounds, including the enduro are......

Pit lane closed during qual.

Start the race on the tire you qualify on

ONE STINT ONLY on the soft tire. Pitting at any stage during the soft tire run means you MUST change to the hard tire again.

I just hope PD dont have anything else in the pipeline, dont think i could cope !!!

Captains and hosts are asked to make this clear before the start of the race this week so everyone knows what the deal is. if we remind everyone on the night there are no excuses.

Thanks for your patience and understanding with this guys, with no more surprises we should be right till the end of the season.....

Cheers
    Stu
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    So results are as far as i am aware....please correct me if im wrong.....The DSQ order may be out but it doesnt really matter....

1 nuggett. 25 pts
    2. Tek 18pts
    3. Never DSQ
    4. Stumbles DSQ
    5. Natman DSQ
    6. Cob DSQ
    7. disturboed DSQ
    8. stu DSQ
    9. Barra DNS
    10. Dutch DNS
    11. dougz DNS

Pretty sad reading !!!!

Will update the ladder tonight

Stu
  12. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

How about we award nugget 1st, then we re race for the rest of the posistions?

Just an idea, other divisions could possibly do a simular thing if they choose.

I dont feel real good about getting 2nd. Plus id rather re race with working pedals as I was about 2 secs slower a lap than I was in practice once they went.
  13. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Wow, what a disaster - I touched dirt coming down the hill on lap 3 or 4, took the scenic route to the wall & never really recovered.
    I realised as soon as the pitstop finished that I was done for, I bumped it up from 4L to 16 Litres, but that was less than 1/2 a tank, at half-race distance.

D'oh.

As for a re-run? That's a mighty charitable suggestion Tek, especially since you were one of only 2 people on the ball with the fuel !
    Naturally I'm well-up for it, since this has basically handed the championship to Nugget. (not that he doesn't deserve it)

Umm, we're in un-chartered territory here, I don't think anything like this has happened before.
    If it happens, I can do it tonight (Mon.), Thursday night or Sunday night before next round.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sorry guys, am going to be a hard bastard and not do a re run. Results will stand.

Personally it suits me to do it again but all it does is create issues at the other end with people's availability etc.

Take what podiums you can tek !

Nat good battle for the first 3 laps, when I saw you go sideways like you had been shot out of a cannon I breathed a little easier ....... Who knew what was about to happen !!!!!

Lets move onto the next round. Regs have been tweaked, won't happen again.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    As per the normal rules, the drivers DSQ from the last round cant use that round as a drop round.

Bit of discussion about it from the mods and is agreed that we really cant cherry pick which rules to enforce and which to let go.

Its a tough call, but really the only one that can be taken, staying in line with what was decided for the race itself.

Its another "damned if i do, damned if i dont" situation that would affct certain drivers depending which way i went.

So in keeping with the idea of following the rules as i did in the first instance, that will be the ruling for the DSQ drivers.

Stu
  16. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Sorry to stuff you around again guys.

Anyone have any ideas what settings to mess with fix incompatibility problems? I have manually set my DNS to what had before I moved (.222 and .220). Pretty sure hadnt touched anything else before when it was all working fine. At least this week it wasnt taking 5min to get tothe community screen.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Barra , I wish I could help ya mate.

Mine is working fine again. Have you tried all other wireless stuff off and then log in? Only reason I asked was my missus had her Mac on the other night and I couldn't connect, turned it off and I magically worked again.

I am talking out of my Arse though trying to help because I have no friggin idea what half that :):):):) is.

I turned off the media server, ran all the tests and it all looks good. Even when I cant connect I all looks good !!!!

Feel for you mate, hope you can get it sorted. Want a couple extra on the grid.

On my setting ( just so you can compare)

100% on wireless
    MTU auto (no idea what that is)
    Proxy server- do not use
    Upnp - available
    Nat - type 2.
    No secondary DNS ( again no idea what that is)

Also the thread In gt planet we were both in had some settings that worked (you know the one!)

I will try to find it and Copt to you here.

Anything to help you get on track mate.
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Looked liked a great race for the 1st 5 laps I watched, I parked it during qual a took my pedal apart to see if i could reseat the brake pedal. Last week the throttle this week the brake :/ Needless to say it didnt fix.

Hope you ended up having a good race, was abit baffled to see stu pit early.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I wanted to short fill and get some clear air tek. Nearly worked, nugget got me on the last chicane , on the last lap for the win. Was a good race. Report tomorrow.

Better than that, no reg stuff ups this week. Yehhhhhh !!

Shame you and barra couldn't race.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Race results.

1. Nuggett + 25
    2. Stu + 18
    3. natman +15
    4. Neverenough +12
    5. Stumbles + 10
    6. cob (pole) +8
    7. Disturboed +6
    8. Tek DNF
    9. Barra DNS
    10. Dougz DNS
    11. Dutch DNS

Was a good race guys. Was under the split coming down into the back straight before the porsche curves in Qual and came across turbo, so had to abort the lap......all good, knew that with the straights, and my split time i was close to being on the money (or at least i hoped!)

Got a good start, and managed to have a real good battle with Natman and nugget, with Disturboed just behind. Cob and stumbles had bolted with the softs on, so i just tucked in behind and held on !!

I pitted on lap 3, so i could get some clear air, and also a shorter fill, and it seemed to work. With the undercut i came out second, behind Cob, who was about to have issues with his crew. He darted back into the pits 1 lap after pitting so i was now leading. Ran a 7 lap stint on the hard, then another 6 laps on the soft, leaving a 6 lap stint to the end. Went from 1st to 6th with the undercut, always thinking what strat everyone was running and if i had missed something.

Was leading by about 10 secs with 2 laps to go, natman 2nd, nuggett 3rd. Made a very small mistake which cost me a couple of secs(cant remember where !), and on the last lap i noticed nuggett had got passed nat and was ranging up on me at about half a sec a sector.......He caught me at the end of the back straight, just before the 90* left and right so i got the fat yellowhat arse out and managed to keep him at bay till the chicaines before the start finish line.....

I stayed a little to the left, but just left enough room for him to get on the outside of me, and with the soft on, outbraked me by a mile........gotta get old yeller on the choc i think !!!!

Great race guys, Respect to nuggett and Nat for the first 3 laps before i pitted. Was some damn close, intense but fair racing. Am sure these regs will work well for the remainder of the season.......thank god !

no issues to repert, thank god we got through a round with no real issues, other than teks Brake sticking and Barra not able to stay connected again. hopefully all sorted for the next round guys.....Barra REALLY hope you get that connection issue sorted.......

Stu
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.