GT Sport Season 3 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 17, 2018.

1. aranteamo

aranteamo Rookie

PSN ID
    Azzbang237
    That's a bummer dude! because you had the strongest room signal (5 bars) that div 3 has ever seen.
    Matthyus likes this.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Ah.
    Well in that case the issue above doesn't make a difference.
    We'll leave it as it is.
    aranteamo likes this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ROUND 3 : Dragon Trail Seaside - 2 x 16 laps - 18:30 Fine - SPRINT ROUND
    [​IMG]
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we dont use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.
    The start at Seaside will be very packed through the left-right ess. Make sure to leave enough room if still side by side with someone or the outside driver could be pushed into the sand on exit and this could cause a spin off the wall back onto the track. If someone ends up in the wall, the chain reaction will cause major headaches

SPRINT ROUND : The second race is reverse grid based on the race 1 results.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Be careful with the tighter esses after the downhill and before the final turn. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.

COMPULSORY TYRE : RH is not mandatory for this round so you may use only RM if you wish

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching on the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

and finally...
    TIGHT CHICANE WARNING!!!!!!
    Please be careful with the final tight chicane before the final turn.
    Going into the initial right left, 2 wide fits going flat out, BUT, the next left right will end in the wall. Whoever is leading as you exit the initial right left has right of way and I ENCOURAGE the other car to back off and slot in behind. USE YOUR HEADS.
  4. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Hi Hatfield
    what are the tyre regulations for this sprint round do you still have to run hards ??????
  5. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Hatfield and Buster_Danis like this.
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Highlights from Round 2
    Couple of interesting moments....
  7. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

"my mic wtf moment" LOL
    Matthyus likes this.
  8. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

So much contact :eek:
  9. Ozglenn

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Looks like there should have been a LOT MORE PROTESTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Some people had some serious LAG ISSUES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not good for everybody else.................:eek::confused::cautious:o_O:(
    But some great racing in there though .........................:):D:thumbsup:;)
    Tristan Jones and Matthyus like this.
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I would have too.
    @LITTLEBLACKO942
    And @Buster_Danis what sort of setup do you guys have?
    Are you on nbn or still dsl?
    Are your ps4's ethernet cabled?
    Is there anyone else using your net while your racing?
    Just want to help you out to have an enjoyable race.
    Ozglenn likes this.
  11. Ozglenn

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Just watched the Full replay Great Work Johnno some real cool stuff :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Ps.. People in Glass Houses should watch out for STONES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Awesome footage. Nice work again
  13. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Really....
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  14. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

DSL for me unfortunately. As for others using the net, I use my strongest Dad voice and tell em it’s my 1 hour per week where they have to stay off but I don’t have cameras set up in their rooms (yet) so its hard to police! Kids these days.... no respect
    As for Ethernet cable, no I don’t but I will have to give it a whirl & see if it improves.
    Ps after watching your highlights, I guess I owe an apology to @COME_AND_GET_ME7 for 1st lap, last corner lag issue. From my replay it looked like he late braked & locked up as I felt nothing & was a car length behind at the time, but the highlights show different so Sorry @COME_AND_GET_ME7 my bad! (connection)
    Matthyus likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    setup scheduling on the router to block their devices at certain times
  16. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Or do what I used to do: switch off Wi-Fi as required.
    Matthyus and Buster_Danis like this.
  17. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Smack up the side of the head generally works best with congested wifi issues.
    Doing at least once at each possible congestion point prior to race start fixes all issues for at least an hour or so.
    aranteamo, Russell, Matthyus and 5 others like this.
  18. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

This certainly has been threatened most recently!
    Matthyus likes this.
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Even if you aren't using a phone (for example) it might be still receiving updates, texts, location checks etc...speaking form experience, when you have a tenuous connection an app updating itself can make a big difference
  20. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I would recommend cabling. Wifi is too hit and miss. If someone decides to use the microwave, you're toast. May I ask if your modem / router is gigabit?