Division 2 - Season 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2018.

1. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    There doing a great job !
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. fatmix68

fatmix68 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Fatmix_GTR
    sorry i missed round 1 been on holidays for last 3 weeks thought i would get back in time,i will definitely be there round 2 sorry again for any inconvenience.
    Anthonyb and garyw61 like this.
  3. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Who likes tables?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    SUBGTRACER, George, Anthonyb and 5 others like this.
  4. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Why is tuddy's race time in position 6 greater than Glenn Stimson's in 7th?? o_O Is glen actually 6th and Tuddy 7th as their gap to the leader would suggest?
  5. its-benny-racer

My guess would be an in-game penalty that has added time and pushed him back. The timing from the app won't show that. Would need the results screens from the game to see.
  6. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    George likes this.
  7. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]

ROUND 2 : BRANDS HATCH GP - 28 LAPS - 1/7/18
    - Qual Time - @ 12pm - (1 weather slot - Light Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 1pm - Medium cloud / Light cloud / Light cloud / clear
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : ACCELERATED
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST

RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you don't cannonball through the guys in front. Last season was pretty good, however we could always be better ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Not many places here at Brands that you can cut the track without hurting your lap anyway but still.... Drivers will be penalised if they cut the track to gain any advantage.

COMPULSORY PIT STOP : YES. You WON'T need to change tyres again this round. You will need to save a Caterham strategy, with 1L of fuel, no tyres and turn off all damage repairs. Make sure you select that strategy before you go to the track in qual, and then check it in the ready up screen before race start.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. The Pit entry for Brands is just as you round the final turn on the right hand side of the circuit, and has a little chicane just before the control line. You will need to be at 60KLM at the pit entry control line, any more than that you will receive a penalty, or a possible DSQ if you go in way too fast.

PIT EXIT : Drivers MUST use the full pit exit lane, which rejoins the track at the entry to TURN 1. You must remain to the right inside the exit lines and be aware of fast approaching traffic. If you are on the circuit and approaching the pit exit as someone is exiting, be sure to make some room to avoid contact. Turn 1 is a very tricky turn and if you end up running just a little wide it's sandcastles for you. Not really a two wide corner. A little courtesy can avoid ruining 2 races...

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the race without incident. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Garyw61 and Autech91. No protests for the first round. Awesome work guys!! If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  8. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    @Ad2mny. Shane Primera is looking to get back into the season.
    He should slot right into Div2.
    I don't know his forum handle...

For those that want to change tyres, it's the "TRACK" tyres that you want. Not SUMMER or SEMI-SLICKS lol
    Took me 3 pits to get the right tyre :D
    Anthonyb likes this.
  10. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Wow what a blast again.
    Qualified well in third with my fly lap actually my first lap. sharing the second row with @stimsonglenn who got a cracking start. So I settled into 4th putting pressure on @Kart-No-1 and @Ant_427 pressuring me. I had my crew in my ear telling me to make kart feel my presence :oops:. I got past at some point only to give the spot back at turn 3 and ant got past. @ToniLuzar58 and glenn had a coming together letting kart ant and myself past. Ant made a small mistake letting me past only for me to run wide not too soon after only to take Ant out when it stepped out on reentry so I slowed to redress and we both lost quite a few spots.
    Head down for both of us and we mafe our way back through the field with both of us making some small mistakes. Ant pitted on about lap 20 and I went in a lap or 2 later coming out just behind him.
    I pushed as hard as I could and made some ground on him as he was really starting to struggle on old tyres but I couldn't get a good clean run on him and it wasn't worth binning it and destroying both our races. 1 last big push into the final corner had me run wide and loose a few seconds to him. Great fun.
    Congrats kart on the win and pole.
    Toni great effort coming from last after your early crash and pit stop to stand on the second step.
    Ant pleasure to race you again we always seem to be in a battle. Sorry about the hit early well done on 3rd.
    As always well done everyone on what seemed to be a great battle all around the track.
    See you next week.
    Ant

Edit: forgot to mention I was dying of man flu last night so didn't really feel like racing so was very happy with 4th. Thanks again all.
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    ToniLuzar58, Ant_427 and Kart-No-1 like this.
  11. Anthonyb

I wondered what happened to you
  12. Anthonyb

Dont they start us on semi slicks?
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. ToniLuzar58

ToniLuzar58 New Recruit

PSN ID
    ToniLuzar58
    Hey guys. Great review @Anthonyb of the race.
    First I will apologise to @stimsonglenn for touching him on lap 4 i think. We came side by side in turn and my rear end start to dance :) so I tried to avoid him but I couldn't do anything. At least I was punished for that and I was droped from 1st to last position. The whole qualys and race session was a dissapointment for me. In qualys i was a second down on my best times but still managed to end in 2nd place. I had a great start in the race and lead for 3 laps than my nightmare begins. First i slightly touch the grass and lost my first place to @stimsonglenn then i manage to follow him and try to overtake him where i made a mistake and touch him and after the pits I was in last position. After that i really pushed my car to the limit and I manage to close a gap to the first guy from 28 seconds to 17 seconds (in around 15 laps). I wasn't sure if that would be enough for win (since @Kart-No-1 didn't pitted yet) and i was try to close the gap even more and then i made a mistake again and lost around 10 seconds. When he eventually came from the pits in last lap i saw that i had a win before my last mistake because I was only 5 seconds behind him. At the end i was happy with my 2nd place but not with my driving especially with my touch into @stimsonglenn . Anyway i congrats @Kart-No-1 for the win :). Cheers guys
    Kart-No-1 and Anthonyb like this.
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Track? Are you sure? The car comes onto the track on semi-slick.

Get Shane to pm me and we’ll see what we can do
    Anthonyb likes this.
  15. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Really? Oh...
    I could have sworn when I changed them to semi slicks that they felt like the car was on ice..
    Maybe that was another tyre altogether?
    :):):):) i'm confused
    Anthonyb likes this.
  16. ToniLuzar58

ToniLuzar58 New Recruit

PSN ID
    ToniLuzar58
    By the way guys, I'm currently racing in 4 different leagues and must say that this one is far the most enjoyable. Races are intense and riders are fast and great commitment of players for participating on race days (almost full looby every time). I must say that you choose great car for the season and a great race format which makes racing so exiting. I really enjoy racing in your community and must say that is very nice organised. I will give you 11/10 for the enjoyment :) .
  17. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]

ROUND 3 : SONOMA NATIONAL : SPRINT ROUND :1/7/18
    1 x 14 lap / 1 x 15 lap (formation lap)

- Qual Time - @ 1pm - (1 weather slot - Medium Cloud)
    - Race Time - @ 2pm - (Light cloud /Medium cloud)
    - Time progression - REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Authentic
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time

QUAL : 10 mins as normal
    RACE 1 : 14 laps as normal.
    RACE 2 : 15 laps..... For race 2, the room host will set up with the same regs as race 1, BUT ADD 1 LAP.
    - Cars will line up on the grid as normal, BUT ON THE GREEN LIGHT ALL CARS WILL STOP BEFORE TURN 1 AND LINE UP IN REVERSE ORDER FROM RACE 1.

- DO NOT FALSE START AS YOU WILL HAVE TO SERVE A DRIVE THROUGH
    - Once in reverse order the lead car will lead the field round at 'approx" 100KPH.
    - Please try to stay within 1 car length of the car in front
    - BEFORE the last turn, the lead car will slow to 80KPH, and will start the race on the exit of the final hairpin.
    - NO PASSING or OVERLAP till the start finish line.
    Please make sure you are clear how this will work as its a lot different to our normal round races.

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST

RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! The brake zone is long, for the guys at the back half of the grid, PLEASE make sure you don't cannonball through the guys in front. Last season was pretty good, however we could always be better ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first lap with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. Once again, not many places here at Sonoma that you can cut the track without hurting your lap anyway but still.... Drivers will be penalised if they cut the track to gain any advantage.

NO PIT STOPS

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the race without incident. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be myself, Garyw61 and Autech91. No protests for the first round. Awesome work guys!! If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.

DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
  18. its-benny-racer

19. Glenn Stimson

Glenn Stimson Rookie

PSN ID
    Stimsonglenn
    Hi all,
    I won't be able to make the race tomorrow night.
    Good luck to all.

Glenn
  20. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    I am unsure who's qualifying I ruined. But I am sorry, to think I did it with intent is wrong. As is speaking over others qualifying run
    SUBGTRACER likes this.