Network Vipers famous internet issues

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Viperzed, May 9, 2018.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hey guys, I'm now asking you guys directly about any solutions you may have concerning my famous internet on race starts.
    For those of you who are Un aware of my issue here is a run down.
    On PS4, GT Sport, majority of my races end as they start. On the grid. I am unable to move away from the grid and my car becomes a barrier effectively to everyone else on the track. I have figured out that it occurs when I can't see another driver or if they can't see me and this can be solved through a long process of pre race checks between each driver in the lobby however I'm now calling out for a more technical solution

If anyone has any suggestions I'm happy to listen to them.

Cheers in advance,
    Viper
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    are you adsl or nbn?
    have you mastered port forwarding?
    are you sharing a connection with someone on netflix?
    you started ok in my rooms i think so maybe your internet is being left behind by "too fast' hosts? my connection is slowish, a tenth of the speed of most room hosts
    i have heard that revving the car during the grid loading will make you stuck but i don't put much stock in that
    what are your connection speeds when doing a speed test on the PS4 connection test
    does it say you are nat 1 or 2 or something else
    do you see other drivers lagging before the start
    do you ever start ok and what is the difference between that and when you don't
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    since your dad is in control of the router, but luckily is in IT, here is some things to try:
    give the ps4 a static ip address
    forward the following ports for that static ip address
    • TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480.
    • UDP: 3478-3479.
    Failing that, you could add a DMZ of the ip address of the ps4
  4. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'm gonna number these so I get my answers clear lol
    1. Cable
    2. Not yet
    3. Not on race night
    4. Connection speeds are normally about 22mbps download and 620 kbps upload.
    5. Nat 2
    6. On the grid there is no indication that I am going to go nowhere other than not being able to see other cars
    7. When I do start ok, it's when all cars can see me and I can see all cars. The other night I raced a league race where someone could see me and I couldn't see them and as a result they couldn't move
  5. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Do you know your MTU setting
  6. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    No idea lol
  7. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Is your PS4 on a wired or wireless connection? What about ping?
  8. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    She can run off both but I tend to keep it wired. Ping is normally between 4-12 on either connection
  9. autech91

autech91 Professional

Might just be a game bug mate, I remember in GT5 and 6 I had all sorts of issues with not seeing people and that was with a high end router on VDSL configured in a DMZ + port forwarding (tried both IIRC).

Try the network stuff but I would also recommend deleting all your game data and reloading from scratch if that doesn't help.

Nat type 2 from my understanding is the highest NAT type you can get without putting your PS4 on a public static IP without any routing between.
  10. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Its in the internet settings when setting up a connection
  11. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    My getting stuck issue seems to have been completely resolved. Perhaps completely different to yours, but when using my wheel, my controller (with trigger extenders) was registering a fraction on. I have been told accelerating before game loads fully can get you stuck.

Double check or unplug your controller if using one?
  12. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I've recently gotten a new controller and the issues stem well before that so unfortunately I can write that out
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I’ll save errr1 the drama
    You are
    On
    Cable

That’s your issue
  14. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    @Viperzed we managed to make sure you could start the races last week in TITTSUP with the spectate trick.

@Hatfield can you put the following in your pre-race briefing:

Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody, exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can be done pre-qualifying to save time.
    JonoStan96 and Hatfield like this.
  15. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Yep, we also managed to get rolling in last night's practice start and all was looking peachy until the actual start
  16. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Judging by his replay, it was @GT-71CKL that couldn't see you on the start. He wasn't there for the practice start IIRC.
  17. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    From what I saw of your race start, it looked to me like you moved a foot off the grid before vanishing.
    No idea what that means, but may help
  18. GT-71CKL

GT-71CKL Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-Zeus4
    I did count 14 and put it in chat when i scrolled through b4 starting my stream. I didnt check after he left and re-joined as I didnt realise he had left while I was setting up my youtube lol. When I came back, i just saw 'Q starts'. Lol. Could be my fault since I didnt check after his rejoin. I apologise if that is the case. :(
  19. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Counting 14 on the entry screen can sometimes be a false economy. Scrolling through entered drivers in spectate mode makes sure that you can see their car. My internet and Vipers internet don't seem to get along too well so I've started doing this and then confirming that I can see him on track while on track myself.
    Viperzed likes this.
  20. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Not your fault at all mate, I was frustrated to say the least however can't pin my recurring internet issues on you. Just have to make sure we go through the same rigorous process next Sunday and one day we'll get somewhere