Season 4 - Division 2- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 20, 2016.

1. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Well after qualifing 3rd I was hopefull of placing well in the first race of the season but after crushing on the first lap my hope's were gone just like the rest of the field I found myself in last place with a very big job ahead of me wish was to at the very least catch up to 2nd last place but after I put down some laps I found myself picking up places as people would ether crush or having a spin until I came up on Jim_aka_the_man and beverage fighting for 6th place so I joined in to take 6th but only for a short time after having back and forth battle with Jim_aka_the_man for about 5 laps or so I made a mistake that put me back to 9th with only 4 laps to go so I just made sure I didn't have another mistake to not lose anymore places but all in all it was a fun race for me and I'm now looking forward to next
    SPL Racing and ADZA_85 like this.
  2. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    I didn't realise how much the tires went away until the end of that race too. I overshot the last chicane every lap from 20 onward.
  3. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Well after sleeping on it I still don't feel any better:mad:
    Got pole in the dying seconds of qualifying. Made an ok start but lost a position to Adza only to retake him going into t4. After that I just put my head down trying not to make any mistakes. Came around in the lead on lap22 and just had brain fade going into t1 and lost the lead.....
    Well done to Adza for keeping the pressure on all race and also to SPL for getting onto the podium
    SPL Racing likes this.
  4. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    I genuinly felt bad for u mate. It was only a few laps before i was praising u for not making an error. And i said to my self just sit here and bring it home.
    It was also around this time i felt the car change alot as the tires faded. I adapted and hit mid 1.51s to compensate.
    Then i saw u take the spin. No doubt youll be back for Nurburg. Im not a fan of that track, i can never find a good rythem there.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  5. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Thanks mate. Yea I felt the rears going about lap 20. I just turned to sharply not compensating for the lack of grip.
    Remember you did agree with me that I usually spin. Unusually that was the only error all race!:D
  6. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    One error is all it takes i guess. Was suprised to see the div 1 guys ahead on overall race times with all the shananigans that seem to have taken place with spins and time penaltys
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

V8 entered the data into my table so he has the screenshots. All the info you need is there. No DSC's and AOCleaner got pole. I also believe there is no protests from what cob said last night.
    ADZA_85 likes this.
  9. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Edit. What Cagme said lol

There on the fb page..
    Im not sure how to upload them here.
  10. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

[​IMG]
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Haha Mate i was catching you at a rate of knots! then i took the Chicane a touch too tight FML! i had great pace at that track, but couldnt get clean air in qually and then had to fight the pack the whole race.

@CobMcCool, man we had some great battles along the way, thanks mate. not sure if i bumped you on the last lap through 9-10, but i didnt feel anything so i carried on. i have saved the replay if theres any issues. awesome defensive driving for the most part though mate, we were at it for around 10 laps i think.
    SPL Racing likes this.
  12. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Nah, all is good, I think I just locked a brake and the car jumped forward and missed the apex, but 5th place was like a win to me, being so far off the pace, don't let my fastest lap time fool you, that lap was in SPL's draft from start to finish, most of my laps would have been from mid 51's to 52's and slower, hence I had to do a lot of defending from mike for a few laps as well.
    I don't know what happened to everyone in qualifying if I was 7th, the were many faster people behind me on the grid.
    Anyway the race seemed to go well, and I don't think there any protests pending that I know of, and it's probably the first league race I've been in where all starters finished, no dropouts, dsc's, rage quitters or anything so well done to all.
  13. ADZA_85

PSN ID
    ADZA_85
    Just on Qually since a few have mentioned it.

We all went out as a train for the out lap.

I worked a gap to the car in front of about 3 seconds before i done my first timed lap.
    Everyone behind me stuck up my arse and each others. None of u made a gap..

On my first flyer i caught the guys in front. So attempting another flyer on there tails would have been a waste. I also had the majority of the field directly behind me.
    So i pulled the pin and bailed out of the pack.

I let everyone go by and i gave away the opportunity for 2 timed laps down to 1.
    But i was going to have no traffic.

So after everyone went passed i put down one reasonable lap. I had to make sure i didnt stuff it.
    I took provisonal pole and hit the garages for a review.
    AO spanked in a flyer from no where and took pole.

My point is. On the out lap. Why dont we all do each other a favour as they would in most racing categories and maintain a gap so evryone can put down a decent lap..
  14. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    Amen. If everyone holds up on the second last corner so you have a couple of seconds to play with in front and behind. I think a few were looking for a tow for an extra few tenths though. Coming up the 2 hills it made a massive difference to be fair.
  15. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I use my out lap to try and get temps up and i make sure i have at lest a 5 second gap to the car in front and then i try to get as many flighing laps as possible before the time runs out
  16. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I came out for qually behind Tb and then stopped at the last chicane. Just seemed like the line was never ending so took off again with 3 secs of clean air infront. Only prob was by the end of my hotlap i was riding someone else already lol.
  17. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    It was probably compounded by having a 1.50 sec odd lap, if you hit the track got a clean out lap and clean subsequent laps it was possible to get 5 total and 4 timed laps but there was not much margin for error.

Can't see how you can get more than 4 total and 3 timed at nurbergring so it should be more relaxed and easier to find some space.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah and then bathurst will be the same being another long track
  19. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I sat in the pits until most cars had entered the track and I could see the train up ahead on my map all bunched up. I didn't get to finish my final lap which I was .4 up on coming onto the main straight so my first flying lap ended up as my fastest.
  20. Beverages4017

Beverages4017 Rookie

PSN ID
    Beverages4017
    What view does everyone use for pcars? I personally use cockpit view, but noticed from a couple of vids that some quicker guys are using the bonnet cam which seems to give a wider fov and looks a bit easier to see apexes etc...