[COMPLETE] ROOZ Assetto Corsa Season 6 - THE GAMESMEN CUP

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Cyber_STIG_77, Apr 17, 2016.

1. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

Thanks guys. I really enjoyed both races. I'm really sorry @RobA , during the first lap of the second race in the last 2 corner there was a bit of confusion and I bumped him on the way back in the track but I was sliding on the grass.
    The rest of the race was a bit like go up the hill, but was really fun.
    Cheers
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Fun racing. I ended up setting my PB in quali (just) even with 30kg ballast.

I think it was just @QC. and I representing Team TB in Div 1, so decent result with both of us in the top 5 for both races.
    Looks like a pretty good result for Team TB in Div 2 as well.

Race 1 I was hoping to stay on @Shaun_A and was almost close enough to take advantage of the one mistake you made at the hair pin. Then we traded tenth for tenth but the gap edged out. Similar with @Cherno on my tail, pretty good effort with and extra 20kg ballast.

Race 2 I got a pretty rubbish time in the one lap shoot out quali. After some hair moments lap 1 it was a pretty lonely race with Cherno easily maintaining a solid gap in front, and QC edging up behind but not close enough to challenge. I didn't get my head back into that race very well and wasn't until the last couple of laps I put in my best times.

Epic consistency on that pace @internet veteran, get some ballast on that boy and Shaun stat! :p
  3. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

With 40kg Ballast i couldn't get the car to take off out of the hairpin and was a easy pass for the guys behind me. 1st time i have ran this amount of ballast as well, normally 10kg last season.
    1.03.8 was the best lap i could master for the night ?? even though i got to the 1.03.2 in practice.
    Race 1 was pretty good and towards the end having to keep @Driftoz off my bum, but he managed to catch the grass and i held out for 6th.

Race 2 was pretty much the same as 1, a few guys came together at the last turn and for a few laps i was in 2nd but the faster guys came through without a fight from me and thus i finished 6th.

Symmons plains made it hard to catch up to the car in front especially if you went off at the last turn. But neverless onto the next round. Well done to Loris, Mael, Pete C and Double Vision on wins and Podiums over the 2 races :)
    skywalker and Doublevision like this.
  4. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Big Apologies to Rob C, i our braked my self coming into the last set of left handers, almost taking Mael out, hitting the inside curb and spinning unfortunately as the leaders came past i was in the path of them, and i hit Rob dropping him from 3rd back to 5th. 54ved and I swapped last place a few times due to him making errors and me catching up, but he got me in the end

2nd race i had it much better for the 1st 5 laps up mixing it with cars, when u not used to close racing like that it gets a bit nervy and i out braked myself in the hair pin and let the last 4 cars past me easily, after that i just circulated last till she was finished.

I just cant lap consistently average laps time around the 1m07-08sec but would pull out the occasional 1m04-05 sec lap, and on such a small track those extra few seconds per lap just pushes you way back. its lucky i love sim racing.
  5. Mael

Mael Professional

Tough racing!

Race 1 got a solid start running 3rd most of the time till Rob A made a small mistake allowing me to get pass him. Loris was miles ahead and going too quickly to catch so just worked hard to finish 2nd.

Race 2 was a mess. Got loose on lap 1 last turn causing Pete (I think) to touch the rear of my car. That caused me to spun out and led to Loris joining me on the grass.

Has mild damage which soon became significant damage as I overdrove the car in a attempt to catch up. Luckily @DarrenO had a bad last few laps allowing me to finish 5th.

Fun though :D
  6. internet veteran

internet veteran New Recruit

Good race yesterday. Using my modified 2 eleven setup on the exige 240 paid off.

Next week for sachsenring, that 50kg ballast is going to suck hard with the increased tyre wear setting. oh wells.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  7. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

@Mael I didn't have a few bad laps, i just tried to hide me allowing you to go past :laugh:.
    Yeah just tried to hard to keep in front of you, but you were def faster.

I've turned some laps at Sachsenring and its a really good track, those with Ballast no doubt will struggle... or not. The 2nd last turn catches you out, sort of sucks you in then it turns in on you, there are lines to be taken to make up time.
    loris P. and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  8. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

i hate sachsenring lol i seem to understeer on every corner
  9. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

10. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

It sure does, i made that mistake first off. but if you take a wider entry and come in you can carry some pace through there then the lead up to the last corner. You can either loose or gain time over those last 2 turns if you get it wrong or right.
    loris P. likes this.
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey guys, especially those new to ROOZ, don't forget to join our steam group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/raceonoz
    That way it's easy to find us, and for us to find you for adding as friends on steam. ;)
    c4rLo5 and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  12. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

lol so this is why ive been getting friend requests today
  13. RobA

RobA New Recruit

I enjoyed the racing on Monday having finally worked how to make the car turn. I was somewhat surprised to be second on the grid but I think not carrying any ballast was an advantage.

Race 1 was okay until Dave hit me but thats racing, it wasn't deliberate.

Race 2 I screwed up qualifying so started 8th. On the opening lap I hit Loris when he rejoined the track but didn't lose much time. I eventually finished 3rd but really enjoyed trying to get back through the pack. Its great to get a good result but I would swop it any day for a close, hard fought race.
    loris P. and Anon666 like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  15. Mael

Mael Professional

In reply to Hatfield's excellent work here is some additional info, hopefully the calculations are correct!!

[​IMG]
    loris P. and Hatfield like this.
  16. internet veteran

internet veteran New Recruit

you get ballast, you get ballast, everyone gets ballast lol
  17. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    loris P., Cyber_STIG_77 and c4rLo5 like this.
  18. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

I finished 6th at round 2. 20 kg is that correct ?
  19. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    yes, you always keep half of your ballast, so if you finish 6th or lower this week you will be on 10kg next week. if you finish higher than 6th you will have extra weight added to the 10kg. eg if you finish 1st this week you will carry 60kg next week (10+50)
    DarrenO likes this.
  20. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Still at mates place and won't get home in time for tonight. Fox Cyberbut long weekende qual steak and beers. Back on deck next week for sure.
    loris P. and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.