[COMPLETE] Assetto Corsa Season 5: Prepare to SLIDE.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  2. Confused Serval

Confused Serval Rookie

good race! was coming 6th at one point, wasn't meant to be, got a little tap. fought back to 9th or 10th, then had a Lotus quality pitstop and back to 13th chasing a teammate
    gominiman likes this.
  3. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

4. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Was a Great Race, Qualied 11th, just couldnt get a good run in quali.
    Managed to get to 6th byt turn 4 but again got pushed off track and relegated to 13th, but did put some good times down and managed to get up to 3rd during the pit stops and found myself back to 6th fighting with Pete C which was a good run there. Ended up 5th for the Race.
    Finding this room is more suited to my capabilities and maybe why im racing better ? real good fun

Having 20kg of ballast i wasnt sure if that was stopping me or not, 1st time running with it so i couldnt say really.
    I found the 1st Stint was allot better than the 2nd on tyres but maybe that was me.

Well done to Mae, QC and BJMatho in Div 2. :)
    gominiman likes this.
  5. Pete

Pete Rookie

@DarrenO that was some fun racing. I found the same thing with the tires, I was being a bit cautious trying not to grain them. Once they got up to temp it was fine and I was hot lapping at the end of the race.
  6. Casper

Casper Rookie

Thanks to @Anon666 for the organising and all drivers for a fun race. Glad to be back with the Oilers for another season.
    Happy to have qualied 3rd but made an overly cautious start and lost a heap of places before we even reached corner 2.
    Gradually made some places over the first third of the race only to get a slight bump and lose a few spots before the pit stop. Made a couple of silly errors on downshift while trying to conserve fuel. Made my way back to 5th by the end of the race and crossed the line with 0.0 laps fuel remaining.
  7. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

@Pete . Yeah when you got passed i was able to stick with you but i was cramping a little so kept swapping feet to throttle and just took it easy as @gominiman was 10sec behind with 5 laps to go so I was home comfortably.
    Though after finishing i had 4 laps of fuel, so had i taken 3 laps less I may have come out in the pits in front of you further lol
    Enjoying Room 2, good to have a chat while racing and a laugh as well but being up the front a bit more makes the racing more fun even though i still cant get times like Q.C or Mael.
    I changed the gear ratio on the start line to 1 higher which i shouldnt have done even though i had the legs on the straight, i just lacked out coming out of the turns. Least I know for next week.

Good to see some Team TB up the front with @QC

Thanks to @Driftoz for Hosting.
  8. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    AC is so much fun :D
    Qualified in 14th, gained some places in the first lap then dropped back to last after trying to avoid others misfortune.
    Managed to catch the back of the pack and had some awesome racing with @grkinn and @Confused Serval :thumbsup:.
    Ended up finishing 12th.
    Well done to Mael, QC and bjmatho for the podium
    Confused Serval likes this.
  9. loris P.

loris P. Rookie

Sorry guys, but I have had some issues with the van driver, I don't know why. Then I tried to update them, and now apparently my usb drivers are gone!!! I can any use my old ps2 keyboard!!! :cry:
    Really apologies if I caused some accident :(
  10. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Bit of a hard race for me but was enjoyable still.
    Found myself at the back of the grid for the start as I just couldn't piece together a decent qualifying lap.
    Made a good start but had to back off or get squashed into pitwall. Trailed around and tried to pick up spots as they came available. Was hard work carrying weight but I was able to just push on & piece together decent laps. I don't know why but I opted for a 2 stop & light fuel load/fresh tyres scenario. Wouldn't recommend it though as it didn't really pan out all that well. I did manage to claw my way up a few spots & crossed the line in 11th, with some very good battles along the way. Early in the piece I tagged Cyber when he got loose through the back 'light right' hander. Apologise again mate, I really couldn't do much to avoid you as I was right up yer clacker. Hope it didn't hinder you too much - I did wait for him to rejoin.

Roll on DST ending as the race ended at 12.30 for me - eyeballs hanging out this morning :)
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  11. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Another race, another 2nd last only due to others misfortune, i really thought i might been a lot more competitive since my laps times were low 1m50's but in the end my best was 6.6sec off the pace which is better than last weeks 10+ sec off the pace, not sure if that means im any better, as i was 3 laps down by the end, crazy pit stop, my box wasnt highlighted, i drove up and down the pits twice looking for it, turned out to be the 1st box in the lane, but im dam sure that wasnt lit up when i entered the pits and it wasnt the spot that i had been taking off from during prac and qual, so lost tones of time in the pits.

[​IMG]

Just kept going round hoping others might disconnect or smash up to see if i could gain any places.

its lucky i enjoy my racing, but would be nice to get to race with some one instead of just making up numbers.

stupid thing, i cant post a picture, but if u click on it u can see it, soooo much time spent in pits trying to find the box, lol
  12. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

yeah i know how you feel david, when i first started we only had one room and i was almost allways at the back getting lapped 3-4 times each race, ive been in 5 seasons now and im still pretty slow lol hopefully this year we can get more people in and maybe even get a div3 room going where you could be at the top :D
    Casper and Confused Serval like this.
  13. Confused Serval

Confused Serval Rookie

Well, the good news is when my mate from work gets back from his trip I will be recruiting him in to drive. He is about on par with me, can be really good but he gets aggressive on his time chasing so it lets him down sometimes. So at least that will be a +1!
  14. David Brister

Drift, when i raced back in 2006 i wasnt any better than i am now, lol, its lucky i enjoy the banter and driving
    Peter Wise likes this.
  15. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

There probably isn't any reason why you can't run a Div 3 race out of the 2nd Room. Keep a record of who the Div 3 guys would be and they run there own race ? They have the same Skins as everyone else but to see who they are have a Orange strip in the back like Nascar so you know there Div3. Just a thought..
  16. David Brister

i dont want no special treatment Darren just because im slow, lol, if you look at monday nights race results, room 2's 1st 6 drivers could easly mix it well in room 1, thats racing, im sure i will get better, in time like drift said he did, makes me push harder to not be so far behind, i guess the track and car make a huge difference as well. i just try and stay out of the way as best i can, think im doing that at least well, lol
  17. gominiman

gominiman Rookie

Do you get time to do any practice during the week Dave. I found last nights track fun as I've run many laps around it before. Still I find these cars very difficult to get good laps. Trying not to miss apexes by slowing a little earlier and being careful on the throttle seems to help with them.
    David Brister likes this.
  18. David Brister

yer i get a few hours on a wednesday during the day to have a practice, i need to get on to thursday nights as well, but its more of a time issue. i think a lot of my driving is just being too cautious early brake, and coast through the corners too much, not accelerating after the apex as i might lose it, especially the way these slide. my old momo wheel could also be an issue, i used to have it set up correctly on Rfactor, but for AC i have just plugged it in and ran with it, AC dont support my old momo as 1 of these options. at 1 point at Brands Hatch my delta said i was on time for a 1m48s lap, but i got excited and cocked it up over that last kink onto the straight, lol
  19. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

I was just saying how DriftOz was suggesting a 3rd room. Instead of it separate keep in in the 2nd one. With like the PRO/PRO AM and the AM and GTC like last yr.

I ran in Div 1 last yr and didn't do well at all. Those guys are FAST :p Real fast.
    My Quali time would have had me last on the race start and my fastest Race lap time would have had me at the Slowest for the race LOL. The total race time in Div 2 was 20sec slower than Div 1 !
    I understand where ya coming from. When I 1st started sim racing 8 yrs ago, I couldn't finish a race or get anywhere. but just kept practising, trying setups, one good thing to do which i do is try and follow a faster guy and see where he brakes, shift gears, turns in and powers out.
    Practice, practice.
  20. David Brister

LOL darren i cant keep up to the faster guys to do that, have tried, and when i watch their car it looks no different from where i do it, lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.