PCARS Season 2 - Div 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

No there's 34% difference between myself and stu. It was cob who appears to be by far the harshest on tyres from the wheel users who was still 12% better off over half race distance.
    seth123, JonoStan96 and Beau_Albert like this.
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    :whistling: Sounds like beeka wasn't involved in the data chat :whistling:

Caution - sector division 3 chat mild banter ;)
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    If you're getting a lot of understeer your coming in to the corner to fast, this car is better on tyres if your slow in fast out not the other way around
    beakeroo and seth123 like this.
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yeah I've been taking the slow in the entrie time because braking hard into corners and turning in is a challenge ey!
    Well for controller the understeers coming from say like sweeping corners just those high demand ones, I'll have a look and see what the tuning thread can suggest to maybe gain tyre life from stock temps :)

Hopefully this gets somehow sorted and we can have a good season ahead, had some good racing last night v8
  5. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Just a wee bit of an exaggeration there, It was 6% or less, difference CAGME, and there is no way Stu was 34% better than either of us, he is more like 10%-15% better than me but no more, I thought we were past all the bull:):):):) stories when it comes to pcars, but obviously I was wrong.
  6. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah it was awesome racing last night at this point it looks like it could be anyone's championship I had great battles at the front and the back of the field I'm so looking forward to this season
    George, JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  7. COME_AND_GET_ME7

When stu said he was on 90% after both 13 lap races that's 34% better off when I was down to 46%.
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Sorry math wrong that's 44%!!!
  9. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    SPL Racing and seth123 like this.
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Stu is an anomaly. His tyres were a hell of a lot better than mine during the race we had last week. Something like 35% so I wouldn't read much into it. I got Stu and Cob mixed up is all.
    Perhaps a controller only div would be better?
  11. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    A controller only div, whilst it sounds good on paper, i just don't think it would work in practice. The div would 1. most likely be dominated by someone like CAGME, and 2. have a poor div showing to begin with because I'm sure its not that many of us who are still on controller, and therefore if you factor in week to week absentees, its likely you wont have many people around you to race with. If i were still a controller user, I'd rather race in a full div and enjoy the racing and just accept the fact my tyres will wear quicker, rather than be in a race wear i know I'm "even" in one sense, but not have as many people to race against.

Having said all that though, i still find it disappointing that the majority of racing games wont factor in that controller users will have their tyres wear quicker. I'm no tech/coding/game making expert, but surely in this day and age the game developers cant code in some way to recognize if the player is using a controller or steering wheel and if they are using a controller make their tyre wear just a bit slower to compensate for the excessive wear compared to wheel users.
    seth123 likes this.
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I'm going to stop you here Nathan, he's being a smart ass lol
  13. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Well the controller thing gets brought up every day at the moment, I don't recall hearing complaints about it last season is all. If there are more controller users now then it is an option. I have no idea how many there are though.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Last seasons wear was standard not fast (X2)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I have done a million miles testing with him his tyres wear is good, but nowhere near that good, the only person I've seen with
    just did did 13 laps with him tonight his tyres were at 75%, the only person who had 90% after 13 laps was ME when I had the weird ffb/slow tyre wear glitch, so pull your head in, get your facts straight and just get on with it, without stirring up more :):):):) on a dead issue, nothing is going to change, suck it up and move on.
    beakeroo likes this.
  16. CobMcCool

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    In patches 6, 7 and 8, changes to the tyre model were made in regards to wear and temperature rates, Tyres overheated and wore out in previous seasons on the real setting quicker than they do now, they gradually improved it to where it is now
    beakeroo likes this.
  17. Stiffsht

Stiffsht Rookie

PSN ID
    Stiffsht -PS3 GT_Bandit_666-PS4
    whinge as much as u's want if it changes now i'l start whinging :mad: and y is all this sookin done in here??? general discussion plz fellas!!
    seth123, v8power383 and beakeroo like this.
  18. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    During HTO we had the worst tyre killer there was (the SLS) and then they dropped an update that made it twice as bad. Now that car was a reason to whinge, the 190E is a noob paradise so you've got a bloody good thing coming over from GT at this time instead of a GT3.
  19. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I'd be surprised if any one makes race distance without pitting. So wear isn't really a massive issue if we all need a stop.
    beakeroo likes this.
  20. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    Well said mate
    seth123 and beakeroo like this.