Future wishlist

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Mael, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Mael

Mael Professional

To help Anon and the other overlords with creating future league races please nominate your desired cars and tracks and any other ideas you might have.

Ideas:
    Fixed setups

Suggested Cars:
    Open Wheeler's --- Formula Renault, Formula 3, URD Formula Lights
    Old School Open Wheeler's ----- Ferrari 312T, Lotus 72D, McLaren M23
    Old School Slow ----- Peugeot 504, Alfa GTA, Renault Gordini
    Touring Cars ---- Copa De Marco AC
    GT Cars ---- Nissan GTR & GT3
    Easy Modern (For close racing) ---- Lotus Exige Scura

Cars used so far:
    Alfa Romea Giuliette s1_r1
    Alfa GTA s2_r2
    BMW 235i s2_r2
    BMW M3 E30 DTM s4_r3
    Corvette C7r s2_r3
    Ferrari 458 s1_r1
    Glickenhaus SCG003C s4_r4
    KTM X-Bow s1_r1
    Lotus Evora GTC s1_r1
    Mercedes SLS GT3 s1_r1
    Mclaren P4/5 s1_r1
    Tallus Abarth s1_r1
    Toyota GT86 s3_r3
    URD EGT s3_r2
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    KoAStR and Anon666 like this.
  2. Mael

Mael Professional

I will start :)

Want (demand) Spa with 40 pit boxes :devilish: Would be awesome!
    Anon666 likes this.
  3. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

I have a Few mods converted that are unreal to drive, Look good as well. 4 Make Series, Same Physics set.
    Now one thing I never noticed was there is No Adjustable Items Besides the Final Gear Ratio, Tyre Type and Pressures &Fuel amount.
    No Brake Bias , Suspension etc. So its really a get in and Run.
    Try it out and see https://mega.nz/#!hpFVWLxJ!4Y9Zugja_kyJ6Pb-0VSQjzJ9cQeMM3loZhBKSppENGc

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd like to Suggest DTM's as well, Oscherleben ?
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  4. Mael

Mael Professional

As I'm bored at work I'll continue :coffee:

Ballast works well to close the lap times and ensure close racing but I detected some animosity from the :alien: (not sure why as they still seem to be winning).

So I would suggest a ballast points factor to be included. For example if a driver has 20kg ballast his points are multiplied by a factor of 1.1. If he is carry 100kg his race points are multiplied by 2 and so on.

This will ensure we can have close racing without penalizing good drivers in the championship.

What do you thing @Anon666 ?
  5. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Any sort of Open Wheeler class, F1 or lower would be nice
    Steve Crossland likes this.
  6. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sounds promising and very much in the spirit of our inception here at ROOZ.

I think the ballast is good and would prefer keeping points scaling out of it but scaling the ballast back a little instead.
    I think the perfect amount of ballast would still permit those with ballast to challenge for the lead but they just have to work harder for it and would naturally opens it up to more drivers to be challenging simultaneously. At the moment 80kg seems to be putting drivers into the mid-back field.
    Then ballast carry over is simply a function of relative position. So say you finish first one week, and the penalty the following week is 60kg. Another win would see you take maybe 70kg into the next round, where as a 2nd place would see you take 50kg. So ballast is adjusted up and down incrementally based on relative round-to-round finishing position.
    In my mind this would ultimately lead to the most balanced field over the course of a season.

On a similar note, where we have multi make racing instead of trying to find two (or more) cars with balanced performance we could break the field as per the A and B divisions. So this season for instance Div 1B and 2B would all take the Merc being the stronger car, and Div 1A and 2A take the BMW. Meaning that there is some coarse levelling of the field even before ballast starts to kick in.

When did the final race of season 1 in the Formula Arbarth which made for great racing.
    http://raceonoz.com/article.php?id=42
    We dabbled testing with the Formula Corsa mods but the faster open wheelers seem to spread the field quite a bit more.
    David Brister likes this.
  7. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Sun Levi and Anon666 like this.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I was thinking a bit more about ballast and I think we can also refine it based on % drop in power to weight rather than arbitrary numbers like 60 kg regardless of the car, so once we find a sweet spot we can keep that consistent level of handicap from one season to another.

For instance, this season I'm sure the BMW will be more severely handicapped than the Glick given the same amount of ballast.

BMW 945 kg, 325 HP, 2.7 kg/cv or 0.3439 HP/kg.
    -- add 80 kg and that's 8.4% increase in weight, dropping the PWR to 0.31707 HP/kg, 92.2% of baseline performance.

Glick 1350 kg, 530 HP, 2.54 kg/cv or 0.3926 HP/kg
    -- add 80 kg and that's only 5.9% increase in weight, dropping PWR to 0.3706 HP/kg, 94.4% of baseline performance.
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

maybe not for a season car, but the latest FR3.5 mod from virtua simulazoni was really good, love to do a series in that, or some other formula car
  10. David Brister

That starts to get real complicated, the actual British Touring cars have ballast, and i think they just have standard weights. if your fast your fast, and the weight will only slow u down for 1 race, if u dont get 1st again, then you can win the next race, but it brings the series closer which is what you want, could u imagine if in F1 Lewis had ballast to make him as fast as the rear runners, lol be more interesting to watch then
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    All I mean is that if we find say 60 kg is a nice 1st place ballast for a high performance car like the glick one season, if next seasons car was the BMW we should scale it back a bit to say 6%/8% x 60 kg = 45 kg. Then 2nd, 3rd etc just cascade down from that. That's all.
    skywalker, RobA and Anon666 like this.
  12. David Brister

I would like to see a couple of real life seasons like the V8's, F1, Nascar, or BBTC, or some European series that play over a few months with our shorter series thrown in as well to mix it up.
    zampli likes this.
  13. Mael

Mael Professional

14. David Brister

Thats cool Mael.

Is there any old Datsun Cars?
  15. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

I'd Love a Nascar Series, even if its a 3 round event, but it seems to be the 1 thing not many are a fan of.
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    The old Alfa GTA is awesome fun, pretty close. :)
    [​IMG]
  18. Mael

Mael Professional

Car for next season?

[​IMG]
    DarkAce and Peter Wise like this.
  19. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey @Mael, the first Monday after S4 I am trying to organise something big(ish)...well kinda. Anyway, we will be running events on Monday nights through to next year when S5 starts. These will all be community nominated events, and seeing as you started this thread, you get to put up the first event. For those wanting to nominate races, I need:

Car:
    Track:
    Laps:
    Special Conditions: eg fuel burn, tyres, pitstop, etc

Given S5 will probably not start until late Jan, early Feb, there should be plenty of opportunities to test a combo you have always wanted to try.
  20. Mael

Mael Professional

So how about Motorized Trike, The Green Monster (Nordscheife) and 10 laps? :roflmao:

Will go test some cars this weekend me thinks :coffee:
    Anon666 likes this.