PGA Tour 2K21 Official RaceOnOz Society

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Oct 17, 2021.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Cypress Point Club Back 9

Hole 10: Par 5, 441m, HCP 17
    The last Par 5 at Cypress Point provides another genuine eagle chance. Blast the tee shot past the bunker to leave a mid iron into a well protected green with another (you guessed it) false front. The approach is all uphill so you might need to club up. The green is difficult to read, but you should be able to birdie this hole with little trouble.
    [​IMG]

Hole 11: Par 4, 404m, HCP 5
    A downhill Par 4 that forces the player to make a decision off the tee. If you bomb it over the bunkers you’ll have a short wedge shot into the green, but a lay up will leave a long second. The green is surrounded by bunkers and slopes front left. Putting is difficult to say the least.
    [​IMG]

Hole 12: Par 4, 372m, HCP 15
    A short dog leg right Par 4 that requires a careful tee shot. Ignore the bunkers that front the green and fire a wedge at the flagstick. The green slopes toward the back left. Another easy hole where birdie is almost a requirement to maintain good scoring.
    [​IMG]

Hole 13: Par 4, 335m, HCP 13
    The 13th is yet another short Par 4 that heads back towards the coast. There is ample room for the tee shot so use whatever club you’re comfortable with. Regardless, you’ll have either a wedge or short iron into a green with 6 defensive bunkers. The green is tiered straight through the middle with a burn so make sure your approach shot is on the correct side of the burn.
    [​IMG]

Hole 14: Par 4, 359m, HCP 9
    A dogleg right Par 4 that plays shorter than the intended yardage. Aggressive players can leave themselves an easier second shot by cutting the corner. A lone bunker left protects a green that slopes toward the front and right.
    [​IMG]

Hole 15: Par 3, 129m, HCP 11
    A gorgeous Par 3 that plays over the inlet. Your tee shot needs to carry a large bunker into a deep green. Pin placements can make this hole rather difficult, with a tier in the middle. Make a note of the wind and fire away.
    [​IMG]

Hole 16: Par 3, 216m, HCP 3
    The 16th is one of the most photographed & celebrated Par 3’s in all the world. And with any kind of wind it’s one of the most difficult too. A hybrid or fairway wood needs to carry the water and bunker into a large green which slopes ever so slightly to the left. Soak in the ocean air as you take on this iconic hole.
    [​IMG]

Hole 17: Par 4, 358m, HCP 7
    A large tree and a cluster of bunkers defend the fairway on this short Par 4. Aim for the left of the tree, there is no advantage to be gained by taking on the rocky beachfront. A wedge into this large green needs to land soft, as the green runs fast toward the back.
    [​IMG]

Hole 18: Par 4, 311m, HCP 1
    The finishing hole despite being a very short Par 4 is without doubt the most tricky hole on the course. The drive must be deadly accurate to find the fairway. Brave players can take a driver but they risk the ball falling off into the deep slope on the left. The approach is all uphill into a green with an extreme frontward slope. A par is a good way to finish your day.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    Matthyus and stucar17 like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great job Jonno, hopefully i might be able to get back into this soon :cautious:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Can I enter please?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yep, just need to request after looking up raceonoz in the societies tab in the game.
    Blunty075 and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  6. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    I've sent my request in.
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Will accept after I finish my round mate :)

With @Viperzed
    Blunty075 likes this.
  8. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    My first round was a nightmare. I've never played with the shot forgiveness setting on before. I was all over the place.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    best thing I did was earn a little coin and buy a driver with better forgiveness
    then did the same with my 3 & 5 wood
  10. andrelli

andrelli Rookie Gold Member

I dont get on the forum much, So just caught up with the first offical Hole in One...Congrates Stew!!!
    Stew Wilson likes this.
  11. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    I've finished the BCG classic at 46 under, my lowest score ever. Unfortunately there's a Beatsy out the lurking in the fairways who is on track to blow my score away.
  12. andrelli

andrelli Rookie Gold Member

13. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Love your work!!
    and I got a podium :)
    nigegunz and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    That is sick!!!
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    First win isn’t too far away :)
    Matthyus likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    The chase is on!
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    San Diego Open
    January 20 - 27
    Course: Torrey Pines South
    Par: 72
    Rounds: 4
    Difficulty: 6/10: A US Open special, a relatively simple layout quickly becomes a challenge as soft fairways lengthen holes tremendously, while the greens are harder to hit than a boxer’s nose.
    Predicted Winning Score: -25

Torrey Pines has for decades been one of the best and popular public golf courses in the world. This La Jolla course rests on the cliffs alongside the Pacific Ocean, and was redesigned in 2001 by acclaimed architect Rees Jones. The course is often a favourite landing site for local skydivers. The South layout has hosted 2 US Opens, in 2008 where Tiger Woods won in an 18 hole playoff against Rocco Mediate despite 2 stress fractures and a torn ACL in his left leg, and in 2021 where Jon Rahm birdied the final 2 holes to upset overnight leader Louis Oosthuizen to win and become the first Spainiard to do so, something not even the legendary Seve Ballesteros accomplished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Torrey Pines Front 9

Hole 1: Par 4, 411m, HCP 10
    Torrey Pines begins with a relatively run of the mill Par 4. Fairway bunkers threaten to swallow any errant drive from about 220m off the tee. A narrow green is protected by two large bunkers and slopes to the left. Get the approach shot as close as you can as putting will prove difficult.
    [​IMG]

Hole 2: Par 4, 358m, HCP 14
    The drive at #2 should be long and on the right side, you should only have a wedge onto the green. The green is large and offers a variety of pin placements, and slopes severely toward the front.
    [​IMG]

Hole 3: Par 3, 183m, HCP 2
    The third hole is a difficult Par 3. Neither short or long is ideal here so club selection is absolutely critical. The green isn’t particularly receptive either so a draw shot is ideal. Any pins located on the left side make this hole probably the most difficult on the course. A par is a good score here.
    [​IMG]

Hole 4: Par 4, 443m, HCP 8
    The 4th is the signature hole at Torrey Pines. A long Par 4 with bunkers on the right and a canyon on the left. The fairway is going to slope off to the ocean all the way so make sure you take that into account before attacking this narrow green.
    [​IMG]

Hole 5: Par 4, 416m, HCP 12
    Rees Jones signature design deliberately allocated bunkers to come into play off the tee for the US Open. Once again this is on display on the 5th. One of the more difficult greens on the course, shot placement is important to stop the ball rolling off and leaving a difficult up and down.
    [​IMG]

Hole 6: Par 5, 511m, HCP 18
    This Par 5 can be reached in 2 shots with a slight fade. But don’t slice it too much or you’ll be trapped in the canyon. A fairway wood into the green needs to be on the right tier or else a 2 putt becomes a difficult prospect. Despite trouble off the tee and around the green, this is probably the easiest hole on the course. However, in both the 2008 & 2021 US Opens, it played as a Par 4.
    [​IMG]

Hole 7: Par 4, 422m, HCP 6
    The 7th is another slight dogleg right Par 4. The canyon behind the green will swallow balls hit too hard and declared out of bounds. A large bunker fronting the green punishes shots that are too conservative. A simple hole but it can bite if you’re not careful.
    [​IMG]

Hole 8: Par 3, 161m, HCP 4
    The 8th is a tricky uphill Par 3. An extremely shallow green is protected front and rear by two bunkers that will eat shots hit with the wrong club. Another green with a tier running along the middle makes putting very difficult indeed. Once again, a par is a great score.
    [​IMG]

Hole 9: Par 5, 562m, HCP 16
    The 9th is a very long, arrow straight Par 5. 3 shots are the norm here due to the soft fairways and tricky slope. The green’s 3 bunkers are all a threat so avoid them at all costs. A relatively simple green but pin placements at the rear should be treated with respect. [​IMG]
    Beats143 and Matthyus like this.