GT-Sport [Completed] Bathurst 1000 Tribute

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by UrsineSaturn9, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Yes i was very impressed with my lap times but fuel saving never done it befor hence running out of fuel in the first stint.
    emmo46 and Apex_64 like this.
  3. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Feeling slightly deflated hahahaha
  4. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Here you go...
    [​IMG]
  5. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Sorry Ursine, thanks Feccles
    Apex_64 likes this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No need, I suspect they were under handicapped.
    Xtr3meNZer and Apex_64 like this.
  7. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64

Yep they beat the handicapper with the biggest overnight improvement I have ever seen. But the next 10 were within 10 secs pretty much. As for feeling deflated after winning from near the back of the grid at Bathurst and driving probably your best race in a while.
    Xtremenz you should still be drunk celebrating. :thumbsup:
    Emmo too drove a cracker, that Bathurst hoodoo is surely over now ;)
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  8. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    The major error I did make in the handicapping was not taking into account how difficult I made the car to drive, especially around the mountain. So it was hard for the lower Div guys to not make errors, and I should have predicted that.
    In hindsight i should of given more time to the lower Div guys and I apologise for that as I consider the handicapping a failure if the lower Divs are not in it until the end.
    Hats off to Bones under the circumstances, he was stiff not to hold onto 4th in the Musrang room.
    Dybo likes this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    He and I battled for a few laps every time he came out of the pits. He would have had a lot more fuel than me so I was able to ease away. After his third stop he was well ahead of me despite me only pitting twice. He would probably have beaten me home but a grassy moment for him coming out of the chase allowed me to get on his tail and pass him for the third time on Conrod. It was little mistakes that were his undoing otherwise he would have been right up the pointy end. His FL was better than mine.
    boneslightning and Apex_64 like this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Watched the replay and the last lap was eventful, the two leaders crashed into each other at the chase, Naacs, bones and apex were having a messy jostle for position at the final turn. I don't know what Blunty was doing, he seemed hellbent on punishing the walls for something they must have done.
  11. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Hahahahaha
    Beats143 likes this.
  12. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    had a great run and your right Emmo had more pace coming out of pits behind you and you defended well to hold me behind for those few laps that hurt me my overall time. but it was those few little mistakes in the last 2 laps that cost me with you then with the naccs and apex closing in fast i was watching the mirrors to much across the top and glanced a wall. by the chase they were on to me and made my car a fat as possible but the run into murrys was very eventful
    Apex_64 likes this.
  13. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Bones you defended Murray's perfectly, I thought I may get you around the outside as I had more speed out of The Chase than both of you, but just as I chose outside (and was actually slightly in front of both of you), and was settling to take the wide line, I got bumped by your car which had been barged out of the way by naacs, because fairly, you did not leave him enough room on the inside. It totally unbalanced me and I only just got round the corner.
    Should have been a drag to the line between us probably.
    boneslightning likes this.
  14. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Oh if things have been misunderstood - I am definitely not deflated about my win in the room - was only mention that I was almost the same total time as Crashy, and then Emmo advised me actually no, they would have been 10 seconds faster lol. I'm only playing really.

And yes it was my best room within Rooz for a long while, but that's what happens when you're only racing one series :) and once this one is done, I think that will be me for a while also... Maybe wait until GT7 - I don't know, but some time off from GT Sports is probably in order. I'll likely still try my hands at Enduro events and one off challenges, and take some time off from point series racing. I'm certainly not planning on thinking up any more series racing before GT7 comes out :)

Have a good one gents!
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Grab a car in the top gear night this sunday to go out with a bang in 2021!
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.