GT-Sport [Completed] Bathurst 1000 Tribute

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by UrsineSaturn9, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    About time somebody had a gripe about their handicap, even though it was half hearted ;)
    I saw your lap times and like Xtremenz and naacs your low flying.
    Others have been given relief that have been not as fast as expected.
    Expectation is my biggest guide now, I can not pick the podium/winner in either room.
    If anybody thinks they can, put your prediction on a post. It would be interesting to see who others think have been under-handicapped.
    RPeeM808, Beats143 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  2. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    @UrsineSaturn9
    I've magically returned home early.
    Is there any chance of slotting back into a room?
    All good if not
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I hear there is still some room. Stand by for handicap
    Apex_64 likes this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Some minor amendments to Room Ford with Charlie out and Peersy in
    Apex_64 likes this.
  5. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Room Mustang
    Grid
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    Lap times
    [​IMG]
  6. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Room Ford
    Grid
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    Lap times
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  7. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Insert profanity here, Sorry to all concerned.
    My pre race nap rolled over into a pre race hibernation.
    :(
  8. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Well done guys.
    Gutted about my connection problems.
    Been on the phone with ISP and it's sorted. Problem at their end...
    Dybo and Beats143 like this.
  9. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Why is it so hard for people to respect other drivers? All I want to do is be able to race without worrying about getting taken out by cars behind me.
  10. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Thanks to @UrsineSaturn9 and @Xtr3meNZer for hosting and thanks to all for turning up.
    Congratulations Room Mustang winner Parit, Crashy, and wily old SOB emmo for rounding out the podium.
    I could have been nearly up there but hit traffic a few times which hurt but I did not drive well at all.
    Hopefully on gt7 we can have the Mustang and the Chevrolet for this race. Only 10 months to go until the next Bathurst too :)
    stucar17, emmo46, Peersy and 5 others like this.
  11. RidwanF1

RidwanF1 Rookie

PSN ID
    RidwanF1
    Gutted to have to have DNF'd. Zero luck tonight. First 8 laps were great, few small hiccups here and there but fairly consistent and had some good pace. However, everything went downhill in the pits. Game decided to spit me out with 3 laps less fuel than I wanted so that forced me to have to pit again lap 13 and go for 2 stints of 9 to make 31 but second time around, game spat me out with 3 laps less again and then on lap 16 if I recall correctly, out of turn 1 wheel decided it wanted to head out, probably due to over-heating. Was fun for the first 8 laps tho so cheers
    Apex_64 likes this.
  12. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    I made uo 1 second over the whole race on the guy I started behind LoL :D:)
    Congratulations to the podium. Emmo good strategy.
    stucar17, RidwanF1 and emmo46 like this.
  13. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Well you didn't really, you lost time, and a lot. Check his last lap time, and Parit.
    Amazing improvement on the lap times you gave me and I saw, almost a second quicker in the race. That is too big a discrepancy to be the handicappers fault. There was a flaw in the data provided, as I have never seen that sort of improvement overnight from anybody at ROOZ. It is my fault though ultimately, and I am sorry to all but emmo especially. Gr8 drive.
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well done to Podiums for both rooms and big shout out to @Apex_64 for figuring out the handicaps and to @Xtr3meNZer for hosting (and epic drive from the back of the grid it looks like!).

Really enjoyed the format, I tried for the 2 stopper, but my own mistakes put me out of contention; off twice at the chase and a 3 point turn to enter the pit lane after clipping the barrier. Still enjoyed the race though, hard not to with this track! :D
    stucar17, Dybo, Peersy and 4 others like this.
  15. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Was a good drive last night after watching Bathurst all day.

Started 2nd from last with 49 seconds of waiting, and knowing that this race wasn't all going to be about lap pace, and rather longevity of the fuel, I ensured that I wasn't over revving the engine, and just taking it easy. Pre race testing, I was able to comfortably get 9 laps of fuel out of a tank, so stuck to my guns, hitting low 00's most of the time, with the odd 59 in there.

First pitstop a few of the others went in lap 7, then some lap 8, while I held out to 9 as planned, heading in with 0.5 laps of fuel left, filled her up, changed tyres, and went out for the 2nd stint, which I did the same thing - keep fuel consumption good, keep consistent lap times, don't take risks. I had gotten up to 5th (I think) just from the pit strat. The leader was 16 seconds up the road at this point, and by the time the stint had ended, I had gained up to 5 seconds from the lead. Again, filling the tank right up, changing the tyres, I planned the next stop to be a quick one... I had caught up to the leaders by this stage (hadn't really over taken anyone properly on track, only via pit stops), so at the pointy end of the race, I saw tfeccles dive in, and so I followed him, though I had about a quarter tank of fuel left (from my fuel saving drive), I knew that my fuel would fill in much quicker. Went in right behind him, topped up with fuel, didn't change tyres on the end stint and and came back out in first position, with about 4 seconds between us. From there, it was just keep straight on the road, don't push (the first lap with cold worn tyres was a bit iffy). Managed to hold it out for the win :)

Thanks everyone for turning up! Looking at the complete lap times between myself and Room Mustang Winner Crashy, only 1 second difference... Pretty happy to be up in that caliber.

Until next time, if I don't talk to you beforehand, have a Merry Christmas, and a great New Years, and see ya when I see ya!
    stucar17, Dybo, Matthyus and 6 others like this.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I went for a two stop strategy as I thought it would give me the best chance. I lost about 7 seconds to Blunty in tbe first 11 lap stint and was already nearly caught from behind. By lap 18 I was in the lead as those closest to me had stopped twice to my once at that stage. Dropped back to about 7th place after my second stop but knew all those ahead had to stop again. I was surprise to see crashy come out from his 3rd stop still in front of me and parit way ahead and knew then I wasn't going to win. Crashy pulled away from me gapping me by about 13 seconds in the last half dozen laps. He caught parit and then they lost about 10 seconds or more each as they came together at the chase I think on the last lap. Unfortunately I wasn't close enough to gain from that. I had a good race mostly on my own just concentrating on consistency and fuel milage. Battled with bones a couple of times, he was quick but little errors dropped him away. Very pleased with a podium.
    Dybo, boneslightning, Apex_64 and 5 others like this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Parritt and Crashy lost 10 seconds on the last lap so would have finished well ahead of you except for the incident on the last lap. Good effort from you none the less, well done.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  18. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Started doing this for my own Data but thought i would share it because I am sure many will be interested.
    First set is if all started in 1 room with the handicaps that were set for that 1 room, Ursine has this data. Obviously the race would have panned out completely different.
    Second set is raw race time, with the specific room handicap subtracted.

1 Room Times:

1/ Crashy 1.04.26.6
    2/ Parit 1.04.26.8
    3/ Emmo 1.04.30.2
    4/ XtrmNZ 1.04.31.6
    5/ Disco 1.04.34.9
    6/ naacs 1.04.35.2
    7/ Bones 1.04.35.3
    8/ eccles 1.04.37.6
    9/ apex 1.04.38.7
    10/ Beats 1.04.40.6
    11/ Doodah 1.04.42.3
    12/ RPeeM 1.04.43.4
    13/ Dybo 1.04.46.7
    14/ ursine 1.04.50.9
    15/ Easy 1.05.00.8
    16/ Norm 1.05.18.2
    17/ Blunty 1.06.02.9

Raw Race Times

1/ apex 1.03.18.7
    2/ naacs 1.03.26.2
    3/ crashy 1.03.27.6
    4/ parit 1.03.29.8
    5/ XtreNZ 1.03.41.6
    6/ Disco 1.03.45.9
    7/ Beats 1.03.47.6
    8/ ursine 1.03.55.9
    9/ emmo 1.03.58.2
    10/Doodah 1.04.08.3
    11/ eccles 1.04.14.6
    12/ RPeeM 1.04.14.9
    13/ Bones 1.04.35.3
    14/ Dybo 1.04.48.7
    15/ easy 1.04.54.8
    16/ Norm 1.05.18.2
    17/ Blunty 1.05.41.9
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  19. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Deflaited always at the bottom
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Your FL was only .2 off mine. You must have more than your share of grief.
    Apex_64 and Easyprey007 like this.