GT-Sport SCNG Season 2 - **Completed**

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Xtr3meNZer, Jul 10, 2021.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Drivers and ballast for round 4
    [​IMG]
    Apex_64, Hatfield, T F Eccles and 4 others like this.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Remember to download the 1.68 update well before race time
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  3. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Yes, please ensure this update is downloaded and installed (copied over) before race start. Due to daylight savings already being in effect here before Aus goes this Sunday, I am now 3 hours ahead of you blokes, meaning Qual doesn't start until 11.15pm my time :) So please, no tardiness.

Race tonight is at Bathurst, a well known track to all - some may love it, some hate it, either way it is going to be one heck of a battle with the very impressive line up of drivers we have here. Weather is looking great our 23 lap race in the afternoon, track setting at 1630. The teams standings are so very close after 3 rounds, with only 22 points separating the 1st and last placed teams - it's anyones game!

Remember the pit entry here is quite tricky to get right, and decreasing the speed is necessary before the series of chicanes inside the pit lane. If you're following right behind someone else in, it is important to be aware of the driver in front, and brake early to avoid any issues (We don't want to see anyone being punted off within the pit lanes due to late braking). On pit exit, please keep within the solid line until the broken lines (albeit a minor solid line). Do not impede anyone coming around turn 1 by going straight to the right hand side of the track, stay to the left until you're sure you're clear, then race away.

We all know this track well, we've been here many times. Enjoy!

Matthyus, Noodles87, Apex_64 and 5 others like this.
  4. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    So pumped after that video again. It really is one of, very few tracks that, even though it’s a SIM, make you hold your breath and blow out after you get through the scary parts and build up for the next one to do it all again. Lean your head, shift around in the seat, sweat and groan. All the good stuff. One of the best tracks on the planet. Bring on tonight:D:D
  5. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Is it fair to assume we only need to keep two wheels within the lines on entry as would be normal Rooz track limits?

The exit here the game spits you out across the line too, if you're not 100% thinking and actively steering against the computer you'll cut the line. Personally i don't think it's fair to penalise someone for that but can we please have clarity of exactly what is permitted i.e two wheels or four on entry and/or exit
    Apex_64 and Noodles87 like this.
  6. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I have run a few test runs and yes two wheels permitted. I understand the game can spit you out on exit, just try to keep it left upon exit as to not hinder anyone that may be coming around T1
    Hatfield, RidwanF1, Noodles87 and 2 others like this.
  7. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    That was a tough one. Qualified P4 & finished P7. Had some good pace at the start but at around lap 10 I just clipped @Xtr3meNZer at the cutting which resulted him spinning. I waited for him & gave the position back. Pitted early for softs & basically ran them to the end. P7 is a decent result in the end considering what happened earlier in the race.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Round 4 Bathurst
    Ballast
    [​IMG]
    Pole
    [​IMG]
    Grid
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    P15 emmo46 +1 lap
    DSC UrsineSaturn9
    Lap times
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apologies for the internet issues and any contact off the grid. PS4 was still playing up today, but managed to fix it by connecting to wifi and then back to LAN. Strange, but hopefully avoidable next time
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  10. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Post #189 updated with ballast, grid and lap times
  11. RidwanF1

RidwanF1 Rookie

PSN ID
    RidwanF1

Here's highlights from Round 4 from my POV
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Success Ballast after round 4
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield, Xtr3meNZer and Noodles87 like this.
  13. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Any team that needs a fill in driver just let me know. Short notice is fine, just need enough time to sort the car and livery.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Drivers and ballast for round 5
    [​IMG]
  15. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Also reminder about daylight savings time change. Qually starts 8:15 pm AEDT = 7:15 pm AEST
    Noodles87 and Beats143 like this.
  16. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Huge storm and black out where i am at the moment. Hopefully fixed by then
  17. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    AEDT Time updated in the OP.

Good luck tonight gents! Keep it clean and fair. Sorry I haven't been too active, been pretty crook. I'll be there tonight though, giving it my best shot.

All Captains have given their all clear, so another 16 driver room is confirmed (Apart from any issues such as power cuts etc). It's really awesome to see each race have a full 16 driver grid. It really makes the difference :)

Tonight we are racing at the famed Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. ToD is 10:30am, running 26 laps. Please as usual, keep to the pit line rules as in each race - the entry is no problem, but the cars cannot cross the solid white lines upon exit. Hold your vehicle in that lane until the solid white lines finish.

Good luck everyone tonight! We will see you soon
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Round 5 Catalunya
    Ballast
    [​IMG]
    Pole
    [​IMG]
    Grid
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lap times
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Xtr3meNZer, RidwanF1 and Hatfield like this.
  19. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Fun race, happy enough to make my way back to 8th after dropping to the back. No idea what happened here?
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  20. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    That was an awesome race. Managed to get a good lap in & start on pole position. Got off the line well & led for the first couple of laps of the race before @gtkingx passed me down the main straight. We were real close for that whole stint. GTkingx pits on whatever lap it was to try the undercut on me, which worked out in his favour. Pitted the next lap & was around 1.6secs back. I knew my only chance to pass him was to maintain a consistent pace which I was able to do. At the start of lap 23 I thought about a move at T1 but just couldn’t pull it off. Next lap tried the same move & this time I made it stick. Managed to hold on till the end for the win. Very happy with the result & pace. Also shoutout to @gtkingx for his consistent pace & clean racing. Was an awesome battle!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]