PlayStation PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by fezza, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Some more Ride 4 on PS5

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  2. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Does anyone know if there's a way on PS5 in Gran Turismo to take a screenshot without the pause screen when driving? I push the share button to take the screenshot but it bring up the pause screen while i select screenshot from the 3 options. I haven't found a way to do it differently? Likewise is there a way to just start recording the screen without going to the share options page? i.e using PS4 you just double tap the share button but that doesn't seem to work on PS5
  3. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Press and hold the share button to take screenshot
    Press twice to save video

Go to settings//capture and broadcast//captures//shortcuts for create button to see what you can do.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    gtkingx likes this.
  4. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Thanks for that, much appreciated
  5. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Has anyone had any issues with the strength of the FFB varying on their wheel with a PS5? Playing gran turismo, I've found when i first go out on track the FFB is right for where it's set but when i come into the pits and go out again the strength drops. I assume this must be a game/console issue as it's always after pitting or going off track and coming back on that it changes - I haven't got around to plugging my PS4 back in to check that it's definitely PS5 related but it has only happened since having the PS5. This is with a Fanatec podium F1.
  6. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I've not noticed an issue. Using a G29
    gtkingx likes this.
  7. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    PS5 update: I have 2 x PS5s (purchased a digital console to connect to my racing rig) and both are still running faultlessly.
    My disc version is launch day and the digital was purchased on a whim about 4-5 months ago (but is still the original model number).
    After over a year of usage, I'm extremely happy with the consoles! I even crossed to the dark side and purchased an XBSX (a huge step for me as a day one PS1 purchaser!!) and that has impressed me too (not as much as the PS5 though :p).
    Is anyone still struggling to purchase one? My finger has been off the pulse but have heard there are still very low numbers available to buy. Such a shame, I want everyone to be able to experience this gen of consoles.

I'm pumped for GT7 too. That State of Play the other day was great and a GT game launch always gets the juices flowing for me! Might even find the time to get back to some racing with y'all! It's been way too long.
    Definitely recommend purchasing at least a 1TB SSD expansion. The internal storage will fill up mighty quickly (faster than you think) and the constant need to juggle games gets tiresome!
    KoAStR, Easyprey007 and Matthyus like this.
  8. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yep been trying for 4 months now. No luck. Here's hoping a few big drops happen before gt7
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  9. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I almost feel guilty sometimes. I literally walked into my local JB on a whim and asked if they had any stock.
    They had three digital consoles so I grabbed one. They're as rare as hen's teeth now.
  10. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yeah, i'll find one eventually
  11. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I followed PS5 stock alerts Australia on twitter, got mine from Amazon on the strength of one of their alerts.
  12. CaptainRisky21

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yeah they always dropped while i was at work lmao. Luckily @Viperzed came to the rescue and nabbed one from EB, gets here on Friday
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  13. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    WFH, I happened to have my Amazon account page open ordering something else when the alert pooped up on my phone, kind of serendipitous. Good work @Viperzed.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  14. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    I was unlucky/lucky last year. I got scammed at first paying and the business closed and cancelled there ABN. but was on the hunt. and was checking my local EB games as my son in Sydney had just worked in on the right day in August and grabbed one off the shelf, was pissed he didnt get me one as well, so i put him on look out duty.
    My EB games manager said he would keep me in the loop as he knew i worked for the shopping center and helped him out with his air con a few times. Lucky one day im conducting our 6 monthly fire evac drill and everyone gets kicked out of the shops. i get a message from my son saying EB games are taking pre orders today. So when the store manager returned i was straight in and he put me on the list. 2 weeks later i had it.
    JonoStan96, Matthyus and Easyprey007 like this.
  15. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Apart from a headset, what do folks use for audio out of your PS5?
    Sometimes I don't want to use my headset and the speakers in my Dell monitor are less than ordinary so I'm looking for an alternate option. Been considering the Creative Pebble V3 speakers.
  16. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Headset Inzone H7
    When not using headset
    Sonos Beam (Gen 2)
    Sonos Sub (Gen 3)
    Sonos Era 300 for the rears
  17. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    I use the logitech z906 kit that I got many years ago and used on my ps4. To get them to work on the ps5 I needed an hdmi to optical audio stripper box.
    T F Eccles likes this.
  18. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I've got a 5.2 surround sound system for non head phone usage, that or my TV speakers.
  19. Tk31

Tk31 Rookie

PSN ID
    lbp26c
    I picked this up at an airport duty free about a year ago. It’s a wearable 4 speaker surround ‘headset’. Looks dumb but works surprisingly well and has noise cancelling mic. Plugs directly in to the ps5 via usb and is recognised. Can also apply Dolby headphone to it for some added punch. Decided not to get a 5.1 system after this

Looks a tad ridiculous but I’m not streaming or anything
    [​IMG]
    https://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/home-entertainment/gaming/sc-gn01e.html
    incey likes this.
  20. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    That is intriguing. What's the comfort level like i.e. does it get irritating after a while?