ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 5 - Round 1 Sprint Silverstone!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by krunch, Jan 19, 2021.

1. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 5 - GT Challenge
    Admin team: @Flamebadger, @krunch, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @nanlatt

Round 1 - SPRINT - SILVERSTONE 2020
    [​IMG]
    25th January 2021 at 8:15pm
    (AEDT - click for time zone info)

REMINDER: NO CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS ALLOWED DUE TO JOIN LAG! PENALTIES MAY APPLY
    We recommend completely uninstalling custom painted skins from your ACC folders to avoid the excessive join lag issue.

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES
    • Welcome to RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 5! - We hope you enjoy the friendly competition as we kick off a brand new season in a brand new year!
    • Start Formation - The admin team will be taking a close look at driver's positions at race starts as we have noticed that some cars are getting away with being out of position. Driver's need to be side by side with their row partner and must maintain a reasonable gap to the cars ahead prior to the lights going green. The Kunos start system isn't perfect and still allows cars to be a fair way out of place by the time the lights go green so we will be reviewing starts as a matter of procedure from now on. We will issue warnings or penalties to drivers that we believe are gaining an unfair advantage or disadvantaging other drivers by being out of position. We'd also like drivers to stop all weaving and brake warming as soon as the double file segment begins. These sorts of sloppy grid formations can lead to major crashes in the first few corners so we'd like to clean that up
    • Avoiding Lap 1 Carnage - Take extra care as the lights go green as all cars will be in a tight, accelerating pack:
      • Expect cars to be much closer to you and varying in speed due to all the others around so try to leave a tad more space.
      • Assume there are cars in your blind spots and and on the other side of visible cars until the pack spreads out more.
      • In braking zones you must brake SIGNIFICANTLY earlier than you would in general racing.
      • Avoid sudden direction changes unless you are sure you are well clear.
      • If on a straight section don't drift - stay straight.
      • Approach each situation with caution but execute your driving with intelligence.
      • If you need to redress in this tight pack situation keep going until you can move out of the traffic safely before slowing down
    • Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
      • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
      • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
      • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
      • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
      • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
      • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
      • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
      • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Optional use of indicators - Should drivers wish to use indicators to assist with managing lapped traffic, they are to be used as they are used on the road - i.e. you should indicate which way you are going - if you indicate left, you go left. REMEMBER TO TURN THEM OFF AGAIN.
    • All drivers should read the "Rooz Etiquette guide' and "Rules & Regs" linked below before the start of Round 1.
    • Enjoy the battles with others and yourself :)
    RACE SERVER INFO
    Server Name:
    "RaceOnOz.com 01 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] RACE SERVER S5 Rnd1 60min of Silverstone "
    • The race server will be available to join from approximately 7:45pm AEDT and will kick over to official practice at 8:15pm
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • Qualifying and Practice sessions are open for joining but race sessions are locked.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz"
    • PASSWORD: season5

PRACTICE SERVER INFO
    Server Name:
    "RaceOnOz.com 01 ROOZ [AUS:AEDT] PRAC SERVER S5 Rnd1 60min of Silverstone"
    • The practice server should be available now.
    • The server has a locked entry list and will only allow those who have signed up for the season to join it.
    • All sessions are open for joining.
    • The server won't show in the multiplayer lobby so you will need to search for "raceonoz" or "rooz".
    • All conditions are set to match those that will be used for the race server.
    • PASSWORD: season5
    NOTE: Wacky Wednesday League Practice - Every Wednesday night we host a semi-closed race practice evening ahead of the upcoming Season 5 championship round. These are very informal and chilled out practice sessions where you can come in and try out set-ups, chat and have some fun racing without worrying about your championship points (this is separate to the 24/7 practice server which is always available). Importantly you can practice close racing moves with far less pressure and less consequence than Monday nights and we particularly encourage those newer to sim racing to join in. There are often excellent tips from some of our top pro drivers too. More info in the Wacky Wednesday League Practice thread.

RACE & SESSION INFO
    This round is a SPRINT:
    • 1 x 60 min race.
    • 1 Mandatory pitstop for tyres.
    • 57 minute pit window.
    • Fuel optional, fill time not fixed.
    • 15 min qualifying session.
    • Full formation lap with UI gizmo and car ghosting on. Getting too far out of position can result in being auto-sent to the pits for the start. Speeding as the lights go green will result in a stop/go penalty.
    • Server time scale multiplier set at 2x for this round.
    • SESSIONS:
      • Official Practice, 45 mins (in game Saturday 10am) - OPEN for joining
      • Qualifying, 15 mins (in game Saturday 3pm) - OPEN for joining
      • Race, 60 mins (in game Sunday 3pm) - LOCKED no joining
    • Weather is set to an average of 18 degrees with a good chance of rain across all sessions.

CAR CHOICE
    Season 5 is a fixed car per driver championship. Whichever car you start your first official round in will be the car you use for the rest of the season.

MORE INFO

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
    • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
    • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for Season 5. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first. We have discussed at length a number of ideas and methodologies to try to overcome the problem but these involve arrangements which add complexity for the admin team as well as all drivers involved in the season and still may not result in overcoming the problem. If the situation improves significantly either through better support within ACC or through the community arriving at workable solutions then we will certainly look at allowing custom painted skins into our Monday night league racing.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious join lag issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to Season 5 remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidently left selected on a driver's car when they enter the server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero customs skins in their game.

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)

ROUND RESULTS

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2021
    c4rLo5 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  2. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

A couple things there.

1: I'm assuming there's still no gt4s so is it a full 20 minute q session for everyone?

2: race time is 10pm in game?

Looking forward to this, cheers for organising guys :D
    krunch and Flamebadger like this.
  3. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Do you want a job as the Rooz subeditor? :D

you're correct, no GT4s, so its a single 15min quali session :)
    krunch and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  4. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Hahaha no I'm good thanks :roflmao:
    Flamebadger likes this.
  5. krunch

Thanks for picking up the typos! My bad - now fixed. Race time is 10am. Qual is 15mins and GT4's have been herded back into their stables!

EDIT: Race time is actually supposed to be 3pm (facepalm!) . Lemme go fix that real quick :oops:
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  6. krunch

FYI Race time is actually supposed to be 3pm (facepalm!) so I've now fixed that too!
  7. Paul McElhinney

Paul McElhinney Rookie

I'm out for this week which sucks because Silverstone is my favourite track. I will be towing a caravan instead which is pretty much the exact opposite thing.

Good luck guys!
  8. Paulfaus

Paulfaus Rookie

Thanks for setting this up again guys.
    Mondays are a bit tricky for me at the moment and I won’t be able to make the first few rounds at least so I’ll sit this season out. I’ll try to make Wednesday when I can

cheers
    Paul
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

that sucks mate but after a few rounds there might be some people that drop out so keep an eye out!
  10. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

11. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Massive sorry to the person I rear ended at the Esses after the hanger straight mid race I was running out of brakes and telent all at once
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  12. Egor Tsakhoev

Egor Tsakhoev Rookie

Thanks for the good and clean race.
    Stafford sorry for dive in 3-rd or 4-th lap. My fault.
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

Great race gents! Nice way to start the season :)
    tezpez85 and Flamebadger like this.
  14. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
  15. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

ACC would have created a folder on your computer, download the file and put it in the 'saved' folder. You can now open the replay file in game.
    [​IMG]
  16. Flamebadger

As well as James' directions re the .rpy files, I'll also put a short highlights vid up on youtube tomorrow :)

And additionally, to reflect Steve's comments - thanks for the mostly very clean race chaps. Always impressive to have 46 cars circulating in ACC! We're super stoked to be back with Season 5, and roll on Wednesday and then Round 2 next week :)
  17. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

All good. Didn't even give it a second thought
    Egor Tsakhoev likes this.
  18. Flamebadger

Uploaded this last night, but the HD version is still processing because Youtube gonna Youtube some times.
  19. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I had a pretty good race for the most part, good racing with Dan Medved and Mael in the low P20's. But in the 2nd half of the race, with Steve and Mael in hot pursuit, I dipped a wheel outside of the inside kerb at T1 and I must have bottomed out or something, because the car just got immediately kicked into a spin which cost me 2 places.
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

I had a pretty average Qualy where I didn't manage to get a decent lap in - invalidated my only good lap by going slightly too far over a curb and never managed to find a good combination of my own driving and a gap in traffic after that, so ended up qualifying 21st I think about 1 second off of my target pace from practice.

Then during the formation lap I noticed that my brake pedal was always on about 10%...then increasing to 20% and by the end of the lap almost 50% on permanently. I had noticed a little of this in the previous week and had been increasing the deadzone already, and as I am now on my 4th loadcell I know this to be the precursor behavior to a total loadcell failure with my clubsport V3's. I quickly pulled the car over at the last corner and set a 50% deadzone on my brake as the rest of the field got the green flag and then just crossed my fingers that this would hold out until the end of the race.

Surprisingly it did...and I had an absolute blast fighting my way up through the field from last place to eventually claim back my Q position of 21st. I had some great battles along the way but probably the best and most tense one was with @Mael for the last few laps. I had been chasing down a group of 4 cars and this became three when @Wally span as mentioned above. Then a managed to squeeze past Mael and built a 1.5 second gap as I set my sights on Cesana and Saturn up ahead. I felt like I had the pace so was just waiting for my opportunity...however as I got close, they started to fight very close together and I ended up right on the back of these two, the three of us going at it hammer and tongs and all having a hard time finding space and staying on a good line...and as soon as I looked in my mirror I noticed that this had given Mael the chance to catch up and now he was adding even more pressure to the group.

We swapped positions back and forth a few times during an awesome battle and then on the last lap Cesana ran wide at the left hand hairpin in sector 3 and I lifted slightly to take the inside line...only to find Mael was there right on my bumper as well but being further back had a great slingshot and no need to lift coming out of that turn which put him on my inside with a better exit as we approached the final two turns. Cesana was directly in front of me and with the lowest exit speed as he'd taken the wide line on the previous corner, and Mael coming level on my inside I was boxed in! Nothing I could do but watch Mael pass on the inside at the penultimate corner and try not to get in a collision behind Cesana.

Great racing to all 4 in that group, and amazing job by @UrsineSaturn9 absorbing mega pressure for many laps leading up to that. Well done Mael on well earned 20th position, very patient strategic driving and it paid off!

I have already contacted Fanatec today to get another loadcell and will await their response. I will order 2 this time and try and always keep one spare in future...that is, if I stick to these pedals. I floated the concept of buying simworx pedals very gently with the wife today and the response was quite immediate and powerful, so I think I will be sticking with these for a while!