ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] News and Upcoming Events EOY 2020 Edition!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Jarmel

Jarmel Rookie

Hi I am able to be added to the whitelist for tonight please ?
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

hi mate, please PM me your steamid as soon as possible and I will try to add you

edit: actually don't worry mate I found it (as long as it hasn't changed)
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Not sure if I'll be able to race tonight as my SA rating is only 53 and I don't know how long it will take to get that up to 70 but I'll give it a go
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  4. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Joining in races gets your SA really fast! I went from about 70 to 99 in about 1-2 races with this league ;)

Just race smart and clean and don't try anything you're not confident about (and I've cocked up a few peoples races before too! :whistling:)
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

If you can pm me your steam id I can add you to the whitelist
  6. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

So, I've tried to connect just now and cannot for some reason. Password was right, I am getting server full error with 6/50 people there. Maybe it's because I am not on the white list.

Edit: tried a bunch more times and now it works
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

Ok mate one more thing I can try - will reboot it again in a sec
  8. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

So, just had a crash in practice which took my SA from 81 to 79. I cannot join again after reboot.
    Shame really, qualified in P11 for the first race... Next time.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    CornfordCaster likes this.
  9. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

DC'd but was having a fine old battle to start the race and darting around incident. Thanks Internet. P7 in Q1 was pretty decent too.
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

Results in the OP - great race guys! Really enjoyed it!
  11. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

I'm my own worst enemy lately. Drove the pants off it it qual 6th first time and 8th the 2nd.time. Drove it near perfect for the first 35 mins then came the pot stop speeding penalty and that was that really. I had so much fun and so much disappointment all rolled into one
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

bad luck mate that sucks! I was looking at your qualy times thinking shiiiiiit this dude...!
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  13. Paul McElhinney

Paul McElhinney Rookie

I was gutted for you when I saw that. You were flying around Imola.
  14. Paul McElhinney

Paul McElhinney Rookie

15. SteveDrivingSlowly

awesome highlights! I got more screen time in this one than in the whole of S4! And that Frost/Laurenson battle...epic!
  16. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

It's all good. I was thinking the same thing about myself @SteveDrivingSlowly haha. Not all is lost though. It was a good confidence boost that if I can put it all together for the whole race then I'm competive. I think.its better knowing I have pace but need more consistency rather than just driving laps at the back like I was early in the season. Our session on Sunday was awesome too @Paul McElhinney.
  17. SteveDrivingSlowly

In other news I drove over to Simworx today and tried out their Gt pedals in a $60,000 full motion sim...holy heck those pedals are awesome, totally amazing- and the sim was insane...now what can I sell so I can buy a set!?!?!
  18. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Wow. That sounds awesome. Are you buying new pedals?

The Simworx pedals look great but I think they are way beyond the point of diminishing returns. They are about $1600 aren't they?
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

I was not in the market for pedals at all as I’ve been pretty happy with my V3’s (aside from loadcell issues) but I was having coffee just down the road so I thought I’d pop in and have a chat with them. They were really nice blokes and pretty much immediately invited me in for a go on their demo rigs, and the pedals just blew me away. I was awful in the sim (iracing new lambo around bathurst) and I reckon it would take a lot to get used to them but damn they feel incredible, so smooth and solid and require so much force (of course this is adjustable). I went to brake normally and was only using about 15% of the brake WTF.

Not sure I will ever be able to get them (yes you are right, about 1800 buck inc tax) but DAYUM I want ‘em now I’ve tried them!
    nanlatt likes this.
  20. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I have some Simworx pedals because I got sick of continuously spiking throttle pots in my Fanatec Elite pedals (even after I got replacement pots). These Simworx are rock solid and smooth and feel like they will be the last pedal set I will ever buy (and with 1000's hrs sim racing, why not?). They are very firm and stiff and realistic feeling. I'm sure they have helped my GT3 car control, just by eliminating any spiking and giving me finer pedal inputs. And you can clearly see how much faster they have made me :alien: but heck, they feel good.