Team Race Results

Discussion in 'RaceOnOZ Aussie iRacing Team' started by Benjamin J Smith, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

[​IMG]
    This section will be for results of various races the team / drivers take part in.​
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2019
  2. Benjamin J Smith

First off the rank is this past week end at the LeMans 24Hr.
    [​IMG]

Race started off very well with Benjamin Smith completing the first 2 stints going from 17th on the grid to 7th by the time he handed the car over too Scott Butler, Tyler Blackburn, Liam Tipping and Matt Allison to take the early morning shift and when morning came around we found ourselves fighting within the top 5.

This is where our first hiccup occured with Jesse unfortunetly having a hardware failure and not getting full throttle.
    Ben quickly sprung into action, taking over as Jesse went to fix his pedals, during this stint we managed to get back up on the lost lap but just as Ben came in for fuel his internet dropped out and caused us to get a 15 second tow back to pits.

This meant Matt was the only one available to take over after getting out of the car 45 mins earlier.
    After Matt completed his stint he past the car back over to Jesse, but 8 laps into his first stint 3 off the leaders disconnected/crashed and it was decided to put Ben back into the car as we were 2 laps down and trying to make the most of the errors of others.

Updates from Facebook page:
    "6 hours into the race in Split 6 and we've worked our way up from 17th at the start to 5th overall with some very solid driving from Benjamin, Scott, Tyler and Liam! Go get em boys!"

*****HALF DISTANCE UPDATE*****

The last 6 hours have been eventful to say the least. We've had spins, damage, brake potentiometer failures and Internet dropouts. Currently Benjamin Smith is in the car and driving very well. We're still in 4th and about to get our lap back putting us on the lead lap.

*****3/4 DISTANCE REPORT*****

Disaster has struck. Unfortunately after a couple of crashes of the physical and software variety the RaceonOz team is back down to 8th and 7 laps down.
    What has happened has just been unfortunate but there are still 6 hours to go, with a bit of luck and great driving we may be able to get a couple more places.
    Chin up boys! Keep going at it cause there are still 6 hours to go.

With less than 2 hours to go the team is currently in 12th, 12 laps down and with Tyler Blackburn at the wheel.

******FINISH******

And that's the chequered flag!!! The RaceonOz team of Tyler Blackburn, Benjamin Smith, Michael Kirkham, Scott Butler, Liam Tipping, Jesse Varley and Matt Allison have just completed the Le Mans 24hr and finished in 12th in a field of 28 LMP2 cars.

Big congratulations to the team on completing their first ever 24hr enduro and I think everyone in the team will agree that we have unfinished business here and next time we will be back stronger than ever.
    [​IMG]

Word from Team Manager Matt Allison:
    Stella job today fellas. We had our ups and down but we finished the LeMans 24 hour and an amazing effort by everyone for all the work and driving they have put in.

Word from former team owner and driver Benjamin Smith:
    We can all say we gave the LeMans 24hr a very good crack. Very proud to see how this team has grown, when i first started i wouldn't have dreamed that the team I started would even be able to start a race like this let alone finish it.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  3. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    Tonight the dirt team went to usa speedway for the FKAU Australian Speedway League 360 series. Unfortunately crew chief Bob King didnt make it due to having pedals issues.

Was some good results from the rest of the boys
    in the heat races.
    Daniel Gow 1st,6th and 2nd
    Luke Muir 5th,DNF and 8th
    Scott Butler 4th,3rd and 2nd
    Jesse Varley 6th,DNF, and 5th

The mains seen 3 of the boys make the A main and one in the B main.
    In the A main daniel finished 2nd scott finished 5th and jesse finished 13th
    luke was in the B main unfortunately was caught up in crash under a yellow flag situation

[​IMG]
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    might be time to get the boys to sort out a new signature gowie ;)
    stucar17 and GOWIE22 like this.
  5. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    ****ROOZ GO 1 2****

The Raconoz dirt guys went to volusia speedway tonight for the Dingo Dash 360 OZ Sprintcar Series

with Daniel Gow Bob King Luke Muir all qualifying inside the top 10

Daniel went 3rd and 6th in his heats
    Bob went 2nd in both of his heats
    luke went 5th and DNF

In the main daniel would take the lead early and break away from the field with bob soon moving into 2nd. after a yellow flag the boys went at each other when it went back green flag racing unfortunately daniel made a small mistake and bob would take the lead and cruise on for the win with daniel finishing in 2nd. A big misfortune would take luke out of the top 10 and out of the race with only a handful of laps left. well done to everyone else that raced tonight.

tomorrow night the guys will take on the FKAU Australian Speedway League 360 wingless series at eldora
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  6. Giant slayer

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Last night the Raceonoz team lined up for season 3 of the OSR ikart development series with five drivers in both splits at notorious Watkins Glen circuit.
    [​IMG]
    Split 1 saw Liam Tipping & Liam Jensen qualify 23rd & 48th and when the lights went out Tipping had a car stationery in front of him and unfortunately couldn't avoid hitting him clipping the front left corner of his car and severely bent the steering arm, this dropped him down to 39th in the field. After using his quick repair crawl his way back to finish 18th as Jensen manage to cut his way through the traffic to finish 28 positions from where he started without a single dent on his car.
    [​IMG]
    Split 2 had Gow, Butler and Varley with both Gow and Varley started up at the back and Butler in 15th and in no time what so ever the drivers saw big drama even before turn 1 but luckily all three managed to avoid the chaos making their way through the pack to finish 11th, 24th and 30th respectfully.
    [​IMG]
    Anon666 and The_Spectre like this.
  7. Giant slayer

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    [​IMG]
    Tuesday night saw the team take part in the MIDWEEK SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP Series and with placing a car in each category it was going to be interesting so here's how the race went from the drivers themselves.
    [​IMG]
    Benjamin Smith in the C7 DP
    Good solid race tonight to come home 4th, car felt a little loose at the start but as the race went out the setup came to us and i was able to set fast lap after fast lap to finish just off the podium in 4th.
    [​IMG]
    Matt Allison in the Ferrari 488GTE
    Unfortunately having limited time in the Ferrari and limited practice at Suzuka meant that I was behind the 8 ball in quali. I was quite a bit off the pace and finished up 1 tenth slower than the leading GT3 car which meant I had to start from the pits. Being the only car starting from the pits, I knew I just had to be patient and claw my way back through the field. After finding a prime spot to get a run on the GT3s on the exit of spoon, I knew that was the place to attack and get past them before 130R. In the end, I clawed my way back from 27th to 14th and 9th in the class. Next week, I hope to have a little more practice and with it being at a track that I feel comfortable at, I plan on doing better next week
    [​IMG]
    Tyler Blackburn in the AMG GT3
    In the #222 Mercedes AMG GT3 the start of the race went well and I moved up to fight for the middle positions in the GT3 class after a poor qualifying. Once the race started to settle down I could put my head down and put a gap to the guys behind. Then my race took a downhill turn with a technical issue putting me off into the gravel which costed about 30 seconds, then in some confusion with a faster car pass I crashed hard into a wall causing 14 minutes of total repairs. I kept going to finish the race and bag some points which may be useful later in the championship.
    [​IMG]
    Anon666, Spidey_11, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  8. Giant slayer

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Another top 10 result for Daniel Gow in there Ash Media Speedway Footage FKAU Australian Speedway League 410 series at USA Speedway

Gow would qualify 6th in the 21 car field. In the first heat he would start 4th and stay there for the first part of the race a crash would take out 1st and 2nd gow would race for the lead and make his moved with 4 laps to go and go on to win his first heat race of the series.

In heat 2 gow would start at the back due to the reverse grid the series runs unfortunately he would find himself in a crash and out of the race.

heat 3 would see gow start in position 1 next to Evolution Racing Team flyer Tim Ryan the two would go head to head for the 10 lap race with gow taking the win and finally getting 1 over on tim.

after all the heats and qualifying points were added gow was 4th overall going into the top 10 shootout he would come up against Tim Harris gow was able to get the win and would start no lower then 4th in the main he again would race Tim Ryan with tim getting the better of gow in the shootout.

in a main 1 gow would start 4th and move into 3rd on the 1st lap and stay there with nothing really happening around him the 25 lap race.

in a main 2 gow started 3rd and was quickly get moved back to 6th after missing the set-up on a very slippery track he would stay there trying to make moves to go forward and trying to keep some very fast cars behind him after a yellow flag mid race he would find himself in a crash that was unavoidable causing alot of front end damage but was able to continue racing and would challenge for 4th with a few laps to go making a mistake while trying to make the pass he would fall back into the clutches of a very fast Cameron Taylor thankful for another yellow was able to keep 5th place.

a huge thanks goes out to the whole dirt team working hard on setup and getting RaceOnOz up the front
    [​IMG]
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Great stuff guys.....
    Giant slayer likes this.
  10. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    **GOW WINS 360 SERIES**

Daniel Gow won the FKAU Australian Speedway League 360 series on Wednesday night with consistent finishes only finishing outside the top 10 once in the 6 round series Gow went into the final round with a 100 point lead he would stay out of trouble all night and finish 2nd in the B main in front of 2nd place in the series George Fullerton was enough to seal the championship win for Gow.

the rest of the team made the A main with Bob King finishing 3rd Lewis Hewett 4th Luke Muir 8th and Jesse Varley 9th.

With 5 of the 6 drives finishing inside the top 15 in the series. lewis only racing 2 rounds manage to finish 31st

Championship finishing results
    Daniel Gow 1st
    Bob King 5th
    Luke Muir 7th
    Jesse Varley 9th
    Scott Butler 13th
    lewis Hewett only racing 2 rounds manage to finish 31st both rounds finishing inside the top 5.

On Thursday night Daniel and Bob raced in the Ash Media Speedway Footage 410 series both guys having an up and down night in the heat races. Daniel manage to come home in 3rd place in the 30 lap A main after a hard fought battle with the top 5. Bob would get caught up in a lap 1 crash and would drop to the back of the field with great car speed bob was able to make is way back up to the top 10 and battle for 8th till the last lap and a slick track catching another driver out and pushing bob back to finish in 13th in the main. With 2 rounds left in the series the guys are confident with the current car speed shown that more top 10s are possible but racing with the best guys in the country anything is possible and top 10s feel like a win in this series sometimes.

The team would like to thank our sponsors
    Pagnian Advanced Simulation
    Selby Acoustics
    Hi-Tec Oils Pty Ltd
    The Gamesmen
    Turtle Beach
    Hervey Bay Autoglass
    www.ignitioncontrols.com
    D.G Creations
    Bob King @ BK Designs for the skins
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anon666, Spidey_11, stucar17 and 4 others like this.
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Great stuff congratulations! Worthy of the home page me thinks! :)
    http://raceonoz.com/article.php?id=100
  12. GOWIE22

GOWIE22 Rookie

PSN ID
    GOWIE22
    Volusia turns on some great racing

Drives Daniel Gow and Bob King started the night of strong both qualifying inside the top 10.

in the heats race Bob would go 5th in all his heat races while Daniel would go 3rd, 5th and 1st.

Both the boys would be in the pole shuffle Bob would move up 2 places from ninth to seventh while Daniel would lose 1 place and start the main in 5th.

In the main both the boys moved up places fast in the opening laps Daniel would go from 5th to 2nd on lap 1 while Bob would go from 7th to 4th by lap 2. After the first caution Daniel would challenge leader TTL driver Cameron Dance for the lead as he went for his move the second caution came out putting a stop to his charge for the lead as that was happening Bob was on the move to try and pass dance's teammate the ever fast Dylan Sharman for 3rd place as the 3rd caution came out it would bunch all the drivers back up Bob would hit the inside wall on turn 3 bending the car badly and falling back to 8th. Daniel would continue his battle for the lead with dance trying just about everything he knows to pass cleanly on a very slick track also making sure Sharman wouldn't make a pass on him in the closing laps the top 3 were nose to tail someone waiting for another to make a mistake that would never come Daniel would settle for 2nd with 2 laps to go protecting his line to Sharman.

Next week is the final round of the series at Eldora with both drivers having been fast there in the past a top 10 would be a nice end to the series.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Anon666 and The_Spectre like this.
  13. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    *******************************Spa 24hr 6 Hour update************************************

Unfortunately an issue with a lagging car before the green lights saw the team drop from 18th to dead last. Slowly the team were picking their way back through the field until an incident on pit exit where a car on track gave the team no room to rejoin the track caused a huge accident on Eau Rouge seeing the team plummet from 26th to 51st after 1 hour of repairs. Even though the team is 35 laps behind the leader they are still plugging away and are currently 48th with lots of time left.

A couple of issues with other cars on track and a disconnection have seen the team go from 16th at the start down to 37th in the first couple of hours and a lap down. The car still is still in good nick though and the team have slowly made their way back to 26th.

***************************HALF DISTANCE REPORT******************************

Ben, Matt and Mik have been focused on doing consistent laps and keeping the car nice and straight. They've slowly made their way up to 43rd with the next car for positions being 10 laps up the road and the leader 38 laps ahead.

Stefan and Damon have also been busy just doing consistent laps. Unfortunately a tap up the backside and a small spin resulted in 22mins of repairs and the team is now 34th and 18 laps behind the leader.

Plenty more racing to go and more positions to be gained.

*************************************3/4 RACE UPDATE**********************************

Still pushing the laps over. Luckily Matt was able to escape unscathed from a computer lock that didn't result in a disconnect, a tow or worse a crash and was able to finish one of his stints. Apart from that, the last 6 hours have seen the team pumping out some extraordinary lap times even with a munted car after a slight tyre pressure adjustment was handed over to the team after car#342 did some testing. Currently on lap 419 and 39 laps behind the leader the guys have now worked up to 40th.

Also have been putting in some solid times and doing well. The team are currently on lap 435 and in 29th with more positions still to be made.

Keep going fellas. Under 6 hours left.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. Giant slayer

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    [​IMG]
    On weekend saw the Raceonoz iracing team take part in the 6 hours of Watkins Glen with 5 teams taking the gird in two different session in both GTE & GT3 classes but sadly 2 of teams couldn't get in to the servers for the last session thanks to a massive iRacing glitch.
    [​IMG]
    Car #343 with drivers Benjamin Smith & Jesse Varley started in 3rd with car #341 starting just behind in 4th with drivers Steven Latimore & Matt Allison and after a opening lap incident with the two teams slightly coming together which saw car #343 dive into pits for 11 minutes of repairs as car #341 continued to close up to the leader of the GTE class and after a couple of intense laps the leader buckled under pressure and spun right out in front of Steven causing minor damage to car #341 as Benjamin rejoin the track but several laps down. As the race went on car #341 was swapping the lead back and forth with a couple of the front runners as car #343 slow made they way back up the gird and after a gruelling 198 laps car #341 brought it home in 1st in class and 7th outright as car #343 finish 7th in class and 20th outright.
    [​IMG]
    The #342 started in 4th position and when the race got under way it was clear that it would be a good race between the top 4 teams. The #342 moved up into 3rd early in the first hour and waited there patiently for the pit stops to make the next move. Throughout the next couple of pit stops the top 4 cars were split apart with the faster classes playing a major factor in our cars pace but with determination another gear was engaged and the Rooz AMG closed a gap of over a minute to reclaim 2nd place within the last hour.
    [​IMG]
    The team Director & Managers will like to thank all our drivers who took part in the event and a big shout out goes to our sponsors and the boys & girls on the forum for RACEONOZ.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    huge effort guys. well done,

Shame about the glitch..
    Giant slayer likes this.
  16. Benjamin J Smith

Shame about the fragile Ford GT
    Giant slayer likes this.
  17. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Built Ford Tough
  18. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    [​IMG]

iRacing 2017 Season 3 has just wrapped up and I’ve managed to win the iRacing Blancpain Sprint Series Division 4 Championship title behind the wheel of the RaceOnOz Mercedes AMG GT3, beating almost 800 other drivers from around the world. My first iRacing title and hopefully not my last! I also finished 4th out of all Aussie drivers (in all divisions) in the BSS this season, finishing just a few points behind team mate @vh_mik.

Preparations are in full swing for another season in BSS behind the wheel of the brand new Ferrari 488 GT3. With a new car on the grid we should see a massive increase in participation numbers in BSS and I’m hoping for another strong season moving up to Division 2.

Image credit to @Bob King
  19. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Congrats Ben. :thumbsup: That's going straight to the pool room :cool:
    http://raceonoz.com/page.php?view=HallOfFame#iRLOZ iRacing Official & Community Events
    stucar17 and The_Spectre like this.
  20. Benjamin J Smith

[​IMG]
    After pre-qualifiying in 41st position, Tyler and I would take on the biggest event in sim racing in Australia.
    just qualifying for this event is an achievement in its own, with over 78 entries and only 50 spots available.

Crossed the line in 26th with a very damaged car, passing 26th on the very last lap.

A few slight contacts with the wall cause us to sit in pit lane for 12 laps in total. but we pushed on in aim for the top 30 position.

Just being in this event was a bonus for Tyler and Myself so every position further up then last was awesome.

now time to go fix her up and get ready for the Road Atlanta endurance round
    [​IMG]