STEWARDS GROUP OFFICIAL THREAD

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Feb 8, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    This thread is for the information of how the stewards group will work.

As of 20/4/2017 our stewards group is
    @Ad2mny - MOD + Pcars
    @garyw61 - Pcars
    @Viperzed - GT Sport
    @JonoStan96 - GT Sport + F1

These guys will be responsible for reviewing any protest / race incidents and will work together across the GT Sport, PCARS and F1 platforms.
    If you wish to protest a race incident start a private convo with all invited to start the process.

Once their decision is handed down, if there is an appeal of the verdict then the following will look at it, and their decision will be final.
    @stucar17 - PCARS
    @emmo46 - GT Sport
    @KoAStR - Neutral Mod.

PROCESS LODGING A PROTEST
    (initial contact within 24hrs required or protest is dropped)

1. Driver wants to protest so saves replay IF POSSIBLE
    2. Protesting driver lets the stewards group know of the protest WITH REPLAY via private convo.
    3. Stewards Group let other driver (protested against) know of the protest and ask for replay from them if available.
    4. If replay from them NOT available, they may ask room captains for their replay
    5. When both drivers replays are available to the stewards group, they will assess, and make a ruling.
    6. BOTH drivers are made aware of the ruling and why the ruling was made, based on the evidence available
    7. BOTH drivers have the right to appeal the decision.
    8. On appeal, the decision of the appeals group will be final.

PENALTY TABLE
    The following is the penalty table from which a basic penalty will be handed down. This will be used in the interest of consistency and transparency, HOWEVER there may be occasion where a slightly different penalty may be handed down based on circumstances of different game platforms / connection issues or glitching. If this happens, the stewards group will explain the reasoning where applicable.
    [​IMG]

Penalties are applied based on severity of the incident, recklessness and/or intent.
    Penalties 'may' also be adjusted based on information provided in the driver briefings for 'individual' rounds. Things like TRACK LIMITS and PIT LANE ENTRY / EXIT.

Penalties / dismissals will be applied based on the general "OPINION" of the stewards group.

Below are a couple of 'classic' examples of where penalties would be applied
    TRACK LIMITS (CONTINUALLY outside of white line or ripple strip)

CONTACT TO GAIN ADVANTAGE (with no redress)

RaceOnOz Rules and Regulations 2.0 - Collated Rules/Regs from @Crunch

Results of protests will be posted in each season thread.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2017
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @stucar17 I've linked the rules & regs from @Crunch
    Might be easier to keep everything in this one thread. We could make 1 post threads in the other areas linking to here like I do with teams championship...
    Crunch likes this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks Hat..appreciated. We can keep it here for this season and see how it goes linking it all in.....if it becomes an issue we can look to change it to suit better in the future.
    Crunch likes this.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys....

Want a discussion on how we tackle the 'quitting' issue........we can update above when clear to all...The whole idea of this review was to bring clarity and consistency so i think we need this discussion, and clear the rules up, and match them to the variations !

The rules state a driver will receive 0 points, and cant use the round as a drop round if you 'quit" the race

The issue has been proving it, when the driver has said they were DSC.......i know i was accused once of quitting a race, when i was in fact DSC, so i have been wary of this ever since, and perhaps this is one of the areas i have been a little more relaxed with the approach of penalties over the last few seasons.........

1. I have always believed that someone who clearly rage quits get 0 points and cant use as drop round...simple.....

2. Someone who says they have a game issue and quits, i have taken the line that they get last place finish, but cant use as drop round......I think if they park up in the pits, or off the track then perhaps they get to drop the round. If they quit the room, then they cant use as drop round.....????? A good compromise maybe ???

3. someone says they get DSC, but we have a 'feeling' it was a quit.....how do we prove it ? !! Always been a sticky situation...

Thoughts and discussion guys....
  5. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

If someone is having issues with game play like overheating tyres or ffb issues and they park up or put it in the garage then points and able to drop round.
    Hard to prove if someone just quits because of a spin or just not quick enough but if someone drops out soon after a spin it is (in my opinion) a little bit of a coincidence that you get dsc you would have to look at peoples replays to see if they are lagging all over the place which generally happens before dsc.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  6. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah I agree. Viewing the replay gives you a good idea of what happened. People do deliberately DSC when they crack the wobblies after a few spins, knowing that a DSC will still get them (some) points, whereas leaving the session will get them no points and the round can't be used as a drop round. In my book that's pretty low, unsportsmanlike, and should receive a penalty of some sort.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Yep, agree with Ant. If it happens directly after an incident (Within a lap or 2minutes) then it needs to be treated very suspiciously, but PCARS makes it difficult with inconsistent notifications.
    I don't want this to be a ****fight question and i'm only asking for future sake: If someone is involved in an incident which could be potentially protested against, and the 'offender' disconnects, would this be treated differently to a regular Spin-&-DSC/Quit?
    jasondull1986 and Anthonyb like this.
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    If you are participating, you have committed yourself to 1.5-2hrs of play time. If you feel you can't complete the race for whatever reason I don't get why you would not at least retire to your pit box and monitor the race from there. You might learn some driving techniques or witness an awesome battle.
    George likes this.
  9. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Poor form. Bad pie.
  10. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Because bad tempers.
  11. Anthonyb

If there is a incident affecting someone else's race and the the person dsc then they still should be held accountable for there actions. That what i think anyway
  12. Anthonyb

From the pit box you can sit on someone's bonnet and learn a lot
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah exactly, this is why i suggested that a protest should still be lodged even if the offender DSC/Leaves. the penalty will then be noted (whether or not penalty rolls over to next is up for discussion) The protest should still be lodged, because there is penalties for repeat offenders aswell, which wouldnt be given if the first protest wasnt lodged because the offender didnt finish.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    the 'incident' would be viewed separately to the DSC or quit issue....so long as there is a protest lodged.

Yeah, in the past guys who genuinely get DSC have a few teleporting issues just before they go awol. Its pretty easy to tell.

So....the issue is what to do with DSC or 'claimed' DSC :rolleyes:

1. Quit race and leave room......0 points and cant use as drop round.
    2. Park in pits / off track ...... last place of finishers and can drop round (place in order of when drivers park up, assuming there is more than 1 that does it)
    3. DSC finishes BEHIND anyone who park up in the pits, but IN FRONT of someone who quits room. ??? Not quite sure how to word that !
    dj2ca, Anthonyb and Zachery like this.
  15. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    If you dsc, you could hold the Share button and record the last 5-60 minutes to verify it was a DSC?
    However we could still have an issue of people ripping out their LAN cables...
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, i dont want to have to call in CSI every time something happens..... we will all get sick of that really quick
    Easyprey007, Ad2mny, Anthonyb and 2 others like this.
  17. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i really cannot see why people do not commit
    i had bad burnt legs Sunday night and after lap 10 i was in very bad pain,but i went the next 11 laps to finish the race
    i said i would be there , so i had a commit to ROOZ to do exactly that.
    i believe when people deliberately disconnect, that is bad sports man ship,and makes it unfare to the other ROOZ members trying to do the right thing
    thats all i have to say on the matter.
  18. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I can't seem to start a convo could a member of the stewards group please try to start a convo with me
    Cheers V8power383
  19. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Check your inbox mate.
  20. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Just replied hopefully it works